Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
i live in williamsburg in brooklyn btw, rent is about $4000 per month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

So, you live in Israel.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
id prefer not to get chopped up by flavor-of-the-week warlord, so i'll pick india. plus, they are a very spiritual people with a rich, varied, and deep history....

..but africa has zebras and mudhuts, i guess...

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Depends what part of Africa. I'd lean toward Africa though; on the other hand I'm not female so maybe I can avoid all the rampant rape in India.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

depends on what part of Africa/India

Pretty sure a massive continent/subcontinent is pretty diverse, OP

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I actually just ate some Indian take-out for dinner (seriously), and I would move there for their food, but not their rape or holy river of sewage and corpses. Plus, black chicks are hot. But I prefer the ones who have some brown to them, not the ones that are stovepipe black like you see on National Geographic. Indian chicks are either really hot or not at all -- no middle ground.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
i live in a 3 bedroom house and its 600 a month sorry you live in a dystopian cyber shithole op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd live in tangier for sure above anywhere in india

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Count Freebasie posted:

I actually just ate some Indian take-out for dinner (seriously), and I would move there for their food, but not their rape or holy river of sewage and corpses. Plus, black chicks are hot. But I prefer the ones who have some brown to them, not the ones that are stovepipe black like you see on National Geographic. Indian chicks are either really hot or not at all -- no middle ground.

South Indians look like dark elves

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Count Freebasie posted:

What an idiot

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Count Freebasie posted:

Whorelord posted:

South Indians look like dark elves

Same

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
south africa is dece and a million times better than india so no real contest. at least you wont poo poo yourself t odeath. also egypt is pretty rad

Deadmeat Redux
Jan 9, 2005

Little lost BYOB
I think your definition of "Live" differs greatly from mine.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Xaris posted:

south africa is dece and a million times better than india so no real contest.

that's because white people know how to run a country

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

that's because white people know how to run a country

yeah they did a great job there

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather be dead in a vat of poo poo than live in jew york for even a day

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

amityville anus posted:

what the hell

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

amityville anus posted:

lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

either as long as i have westerner money

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

africa because then you can live in that spanish enclave in morocco and just chill on the mediterranean

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

tvayisnihyaami posted:

i live in williamsburg in brooklyn btw, rent is about $4000 per month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2WwCzaGo9c

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Gosh it's hard to pick! India has amazing food, vibrant colours, deep spirituality, friendly people, lovely tea and Africa has all that scenery, wildlife, adventure, regardless thanks for reminding me about two of the most exciting and diverse regions of the world op.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Armed response gated community in Cape town for me please.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
they're different places?!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
definitely africa, for example zanzibar would be p. chill.

india is way too loving crowded and dirty. been there once and i have no intention of going back

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Never been to africa (who the gently caress goes to africa if theyre not part of an organization), but India isn't so appealing either, having been there. I'd only live in Goa. The cities are just too noisy and dirty. If I had to choose a city, Calcutta. Spent enough time in Mumbai and Chennai to hate both (sorry to any locals of those places).

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
South Africa op

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

Never been to africa (who the gently caress goes to africa if theyre not part of an organization), but India isn't so appealing either, having been there. I'd only live in Goa. The cities are just too noisy and dirty. If I had to choose a city, Calcutta. Spent enough time in Mumbai and Chennai to hate both (sorry to any locals of those places).

africa is loving huge man, theres plenty of reasons to go to africa. i've been to the canary islands actually so basically i've been in africa

mauritius could be a cool place to live for while, altho im not sure if you can get weed there.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 26, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

africa is loving huge man, theres plenty of reasons to go to africa. i've been to the canary islands actually so basically i've been in africa

Actually I should phrase my question less rhetorically...who goes to Africa alone, and why? Where do they go and where do they avoid? Seems like everything I read about the continent gives me many more things to put in the "avoid" column than the "have to visit" column.

I mostly only want to see Ethiopia at this point, and even then only Addis Ababba (sp?). And every country around it has a whole lot of problems that I as an unarmed lone westerner would want to stay far away from (Sudan..Somalia..wtf). Not even getting into why they are this way, just that they are this way. Even Egypt and North Africa seem too chaotic for an American. I knew a Ghanaian girl who swore that Ghana was a great place to visit, but I would have only gone there with her (theoretically).

Where are the Canary Islands and how were they? Cheap, expensive? How long can you stay?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

Actually I should phrase my question less rhetorically...who goes to Africa alone, and why? Where do they go and where do they avoid? Seems like everything I read about the continent gives me many more things to put in the "avoid" column than the "have to visit" column.

well, africa is really, really big. there's plenty of peaceful nations with developed cities as well as wild nature. for example zanzibar is an island off the coast of tanzania, and it has been a trade hub between africa and india for centuries. it's a melting pot of cultures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar

and there's like, countless places like that in africa. it's seriously as big as china, india and usa and most of europe combined.

Tautologicus posted:

I mostly only want to see Ethiopia at this point, and even then only Addis Ababba (sp?). And every country around it has a whole lot of problems that I as an unarmed lone westerner would want to stay far away from (Sudan..Somalia..wtf). Not even getting into why they are this way, just that they are this way. Even Egypt and North Africa seem too chaotic for an American. I knew a Ghanaian girl who swore that Ghana was a great place to visit, but I would have only gone there with her (theoretically).
well thats a bit of an exaggeration. africa has plenty of tourist friendly places. i mean, there are areas in most big us cities where you will probably get mugged if you go there on your own. that's just how big cities are.

def avoid egypt and countries with a similar political situation. i'd steer clear of all islamic nations atm myself.

Tautologicus posted:

Where are the Canary Islands and how were they? Cheap, expensive? How long can you stay?

it's a bit of a joke since the canary islands have been a part of spain for centuries. they're located off the coast of north western africa. they're really nice actually, there's a lot of old architecture, museums and restaurants if you're into that and then there's a lot of nature if you wanna go hiking, surfing or stuff like that. cheap to fly to from most of europe, too.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 26, 2015

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Wow, even the middle east is too chaotic for an American?!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Morocco would probably be pretty decent. Looks like a nice place and I'm a man so it's not like islam is necessarily a problem.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

hemophilia posted:

Morocco would probably be pretty decent. Looks like a nice place and I'm a man so it's not like islam is necessarily a problem.

it's not a problem for women either if they dress appropriately, which just basically means no bikinis in the street and cover your head in mosques. morocco is afaik pretty chill when it comes to tourists.

that said i'd stay away from islamic nations because i dont want to get kidnapped or bombed to death. the probability is really slim, but after the arab spring it's a possibility.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 26, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Wow, even the middle east is too chaotic for an American?!

Egypt scores high on American tourists lists even still, but for some reason I've never had the slightest interest in going there. And it's not quite African but also not quite Middle East, I don't think.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

amityville anus posted:

um isn't Amityville in New York?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
does OP know africa is a continent, not a country?

sounds racist

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
its a good time to go to muslim countries at the moment because there are no idiot baby americans there

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd pick Africa. Africa has more options, since it's a whole bunch of countries rather than one.

Also every single Indian-Americans I've meet has told me that they think India is terrible. You'd think they'd have a little fondness for their home country, even if they did leave.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

it's a bit of a joke since the canary islands have been a part of spain for centuries. they're located off the coast of north western africa. they're really nice actually, there's a lot of old architecture, museums and restaurants if you're into that and then there's a lot of nature if you wanna go hiking, surfing or stuff like that. cheap to fly to from most of europe, too.

been reading about this and now this is a place i plan to go to. gonna put this new EU citizenship to use...

also I know Africa is big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

been reading about this and now this is a place i plan to go to. gonna put this new EU citizenship to use...

also I know Africa is big

just note that it doesn't feel like africa at all. apart from the nature and climate it's like being in a spanish town. they do indigenous people though. they have this really cool and unique whistling language traditionally used to communicate from one side of a valley to the other.

it's a cool place to visit, but not really africa

• Locked thread