Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You excuse can be elaborate or simple, specific or general, humiliating or dignified. It doesn't matter, it just has to get you out of work for however long you don't feel like going without getting you fired.

Here's a few I've been saving:

"Sorry, boss, I can't come in to work today because I can't stop making GBS threads. I'm making GBS threads right now while I'm talking to you." *fart sounds into phone*

"I'll be there as soon as I can but frankly traffic is pretty bad and I don't anticipate it letting up before tomorrow morning."

"I'm not coming in because I overheard [recently fired employee] saying that he was planning on shooting the place up today."

"Why are you there? It's a day off today! Everyone else is there, too? They must have missed the memo. Yeah, I'd send everyone home before you get in trouble for making them work on a holiday. Good thing you got me lookin' out for you."

Excuses can also be useful for getting you out of work while at work:

"My e-mail has been weird all day. I guess I didn't get the assignment."

"I'd love to but I'm swamped with other stuff right now, have you tried asking [hard working guy who can't refuse a task]?"

"It's actually done. I sent the project to corporate a half hour ago. They didn't get it?" *feign outrage*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kafq7yrKAOQ

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Diarrhea.

That is all.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
im your boss, lol. gently caress you *does a donut in the parking lot before driving on home*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
"Food Poisoning".

The quotes are for the sarcasm.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"Im gay"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I am at work, but there's nobody else here. The lights are all out and there's black mold seeping out of all the walls. *sudden panic* What was that?? I think there's someone... or something in here with me... AAAAUGH!"

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
"Sorry boss, I can't come in today. I just bought a gun and I'm seriously pissed off at me coworkers and my prescription for meds has just run out and I'm hearing voices and I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYONE, GOD MAKE IT STOP! <incoherent blabbering and crying>"

Works like a charm. YVW

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
boss this macaroni necklace isn't going to make itself

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Too hungover.

My pedophilia is acting up.

I'm passively trying to sabotage your company.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
"I'm pewdiepie"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I've been cursed by a wicked sorceress and I don't want to spread it to anyone else at the office."

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
Sorry boss I've got the farts

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my period is making me crampy

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

allergic to bullshit

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
can't i'm at your house loving your wife

(both of you laugh into phone)

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"This morning my mother woke me up by pouring hot grease all over my rear end and genitals, and when on the way down the stairs my shoes fell off. "

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'm too worried about Y2K to work.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
"I just woke up and had an 8 hour dream about being at work; I think it would be very unfair for me to have to come in today"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have ebola fears

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

herpes outbreak. not even your boss would ask questions about that one

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm so tired, just let me rest

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"A spider built a web across my front door. I've called the fire department but the chances of me making it in today aren't high."

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i have ebola fears

I'm still panicking over SARS.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
i have to go diaper hunting in dumpsters, its an emergency!

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
"Pre-work masturbation session went wrong."
*dog whimpers pitifully in background*
"Terribly, terribly wrong."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I got triggered by a billboard while driving to work. I'm camping out at Starbucks until the shakes subside."

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I've had an erection for more than four hours. It's throbbing pretty bad, almost painful and the little dribble of lube won't stop. It seems bigger than ever. What are you wearing?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i honestly think that if i have to spend another hour at the office i am going to sincerely kill myself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
There was a flood last night and my bed was swept out to sea.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am unemployed

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

i'm rich off bitcoins, gently caress you

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Applewhite posted:

There was a flood last night and my bed was swept out to sea.

And then i was kidnapped, and am now being held hostage by those Captain Phillips people.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
"Well, you see all the alcohol I own is HERE, so it doesn't make much sense to go THERE now does it?"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I always come over to the office to work, how about you guys come here for once?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Just pretend to be Liam Neeson from Taken and really confuse them by demanding yourself back.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Ive been taking half days and shaving a few hours off in the mornings the last few days due to "diarrhea". Thing is, it was true, but it was in no way debilitating so really I just wanted to go home and play video games while I got paid :X

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I know I was supposed to beta test those videogames today, but my cat died last night and I have to make funeral arrangements." *spend the rest of the day catching up on expense reports*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my wife died *ki9lls wife*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

can't i'm at your house loving your wife

(both of you laugh into phone)

The best thing about this one is you can use it more than once.

• Locked thread