Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
been using it for the last fifteen years at least and i aim to use it until i dead

also, media player classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I use iTunes and Spotify.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It really whips the llama's rear end.

e: I use winamp tho for real, light easy to use client that is not inhibited by trying to include a bunch of other media or tie itself to media stores. Like what do you need your music player to do other than let you organize and play your music? There's really no reason for clients to have gotten so bulky just because modern computers can technically handle that.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 27, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
itunes is literal poo poo lmbo

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I use Real Player

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
with the silence v5 skin

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Give Pat a Job posted:

I use Real Player

i have fond memories of my real player audio constantly buffering while streaming at 56k

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i still get shithoused and put milkdrop on fullscreen

i bet that stuff's wicked fun on drugs

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

Concerned Citizen posted:

i have fond memories of my real player audio constantly buffering while streaming at 56k

really? you are weird

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
youtube exists

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Robo Reagan posted:

youtube exists

one day, it will not

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
This little fella just sits at the top of my screen not getting in the way of anything.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Using it this very moment, bruh

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Your track list looks like a sick skin flick list imo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

2014 sucked

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
f

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Beige posted:

Your track list looks like a sick skin flick list imo

It's actually the new Savant album released today for the pay what you want (free) thing on bandcamp. I recommend it. Here is a link cause it's good poo poo http://shop.savantofficial.com/album/invasion

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Listening to music through winamp right now

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I still use it in the extremely rare occasion I listen to tunes on the PC instead of putting on a YouTube playlist. It beats the hell out of iTunes.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I use winamp on PC and likely will until they don't have PCs anymore because gently caress first party music players

if they had it for android I would use that too but I guess the stock android player isn't so bad anymore, it just won't stream my tasteless oonts music from di.fm like winamp

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

It's actually the new Savant album released today for the pay what you want (free) thing on bandcamp. I recommend it. Here is a link cause it's good poo poo http://shop.savantofficial.com/album/invasion

I've not even heard of Savant but if a fellow Winamp user approves then I'll give it a go.

Best Beige

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i remember downloading and using shitloads of winamp visualizer plugins and while %90 of them sucked there was this one that was basically a green glowing tunnel that grew hairs as you traveled down it and it was kinda freaky and trippy at the same time

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Coldbird posted:

I use winamp on PC and likely will until they don't have PCs anymore because gently caress first party music players

if they had it for android I would use that too but I guess the stock android player isn't so bad anymore, it just won't stream my tasteless oonts music from di.fm like winamp

I have it on my old Droid 2. So I don't know if they discontinued a perfectly function on the app store just out of spite. But I'm fairly certain it still exists.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Winamp is the poo poo, you can use it to play literally anything including chiptunes and .mod files and poo poo.

I always have it open on my second monitor

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I keep an old version on my PC to play the occasional odd format file that Spotify doesn't know how to handle.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Chinatown posted:

itunes is literal poo poo lmbo

Remember the early windows versions? :laugh:

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Winamp: it kicks the llamas rear end

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
i still use winamp to play all those files i have from painstakingly ripping from my vinyl records and cds

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

i still use winamp to play all those files i have from painstakingly ripping from my vinyl records and cds

get with the new hotness J

http://www.mp3va.com/

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

toggle posted:

Remember the early windows versions? :laugh:

You loving want to fight, bro?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Coldbird posted:

they do have it, and I have it on mine. the default android player is one of the worst media players ever made. man i thought the ipod touch's music interface was poo poo, but i was living in luxury.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
playing music I downloaded from Napster on winamp player. windows 98 for lyfe

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Lascivious Sloth posted:

windows 98 for lyfe

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
i do

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

gnarlyhotep posted:

get with the new hotness J

http://www.mp3va.com/

woah, computer music. im intrigued, but i have questions. like, do you need to buy a special accessory to plug in that takes the money? or do you mail a registered letter expressing your intent to purchase these mp3 files (also does mp3 stand for music play 3?)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

You loving want to fight, bro?

..Of itunes, dingus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
Winamp playing in the background as I played Dark Age of Camelot on my dialup connection. A folding table was where my giant CRT monitor sat, a fridge that had only soda pop in it, and an air mattress in the next room was all the furniture I had at the time.

• Locked thread