Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I use iTunes, op. My playlist and data goes back to 2003. It's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

iTunes is pretty bad, yeah, but I have over 700gigs of music worth of playlists organized over a decade of sperging to be that bothered. Of more intrerest to me is how upset people get about music players.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

it really is amazing how bad it is from top to bottom, like even the design concepts behind it are bizarre and stupid

"Hey, I would like to play some music!"

*starts iTunes, it begins extensive and arcane cataloguing/silence removal/particle physics processing*

"gently caress, no just cancel that poo poo!"

*iTunes takes a few minutes to cancel, finally does*

"Ok, there's a good song, I'll play that"

*iTunes tries to move the file to some other location for some reason before playing it*

"gently caress! Cancel!"

*iTunes thinks about cancelling for a few minutes, then locks up, has to be manually killed from the process list*

It's like whoever designed and built it never used a music player before.

The worst is when you delete a playlist on your phone and it clones that on your computer. I back up my playlist file at 00:00 every day because of this.

It's not just itunes - whoever designed the iPod doesn't listen to music and the same goes for the music player on the iPhone, too. For a start, the information display is too slow and doesn't put enough of the info in and second, the volume increments are too large. My web developer friend is the kind of person who browses the 400 tunes he has by cover art and uses it all as light background music, and this profile fits how itunes perform perfectly.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

And now here come the dudes who are mad about music players. It's weird. People don't get mad when they learn about people using substandard word processors or whatever.

• Locked thread