Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Had a SA account like 10 years ago but never posted so I have long since forgot the name/password and just made a new one. BYOB is new to me. I would like to become a legend or, failing that, a demigod. Please advise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormyish

try committing a violent crime and tell us about it in a nonchalant way

Boof Bonser

Stormyish posted:

About three days ago I *aggressively* omitted to put coins in the parking meter on purpose and skated without a ticket. NBD.

City of Glompton

you look to your left, and a sign says :justpost:

you look to your right, and a sign says :lurkmore:

which path do you chose and why?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Wertjoe

The best way to make a good byob thread is to first have a good av. Then make a thread about other popular posters and their avs. Example make a thread called byobus then find a picture of a bus and put all the posters avs on the bus. If posters around here like anything its seeing their avs doing things.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Tell people aobut the week you lived with a Dominatrix.

Stormyish

cum on an unconscious girl's feet or try to write a webcomic with a gay robot

tight shorts

Wertjoe posted:

The best way to make a good byob thread is to first have a good av. Then make a thread about other popular posters and their avs. Example make a thread called byobus then find a picture of a bus and put all the posters avs on the bus. If posters around here like anything its seeing their avs doing things.

Boof Bonser

Siluvayne posted:

you look to your left, and a sign says :justpost:

you look to your right, and a sign says :lurkmore:

which path do you chose and why?

Probably just posting, life's short

Boof Bonser

Gross Dude posted:

Tell people aobut the week you lived with a Dominatrix.

The week I didn't live with a dominatrix might make for a better story

Boof Bonser

Stormyish posted:

cum on an unconscious girl's feet or try to write a webcomic with a gay robot

If loosing my ranch dressing hose on the feet of sleeping people is wrong then who wants to be right?

FluffieDuckie

hello boof :wave: welcome to the yob.

try making a thread that's funny or interesting

you can look here for examples http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=176

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

bog pixie

ignore the byob goldmine and just look at all the threads by MasterCard, WindmillSlayer, and Bwee. please rate them all 5 as well. thank you

i am he

bog pixie posted:

ignore the byob goldmine and just look at all the threads by MasterCard, WindmillSlayer, and Bwee. please rate them all 5 as well. thank you

no ...

tao of lmao

bog pixie posted:

those posters are all trash...

Bwee

bog pixie posted:

also sticky and goldmine them

google THIS

actually the key to good BYOB thread is to marry two disparate concepts and get people to speculate on what it would be like if it were to actually happen

examples:
[sexually frustrated]+[vampire]
[sitcom character]+[stars in action movie]
[mundane object]+[exaggerated claims about its properties and/or purpose]

ron color
yes thank you. this is imagination land

bwatts

bog pixie posted:

ALSO ME

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

Jett posted:

actually the key to good BYOB thread is to marry two disparate concepts and get people to speculate on what it would be like if it were to actually happen

examples:

Ross Geller, the sexually frustrated vampire, tries to talk down the T-Rex in Jurassic Park by dazzling it with his J/o crystals etc

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogcrash truther

Jett posted:

examples:

trying these out, will report backl

dogcrash truther
now...we wait...and take notes....

playground tough
dabs and dabbing in general

dogcrash truther
early results: promising. it appears you may be correct

google THIS

now that the secret's out the goldmine is going to collapse due to overcrowding in starting to wonder if this was a good idea

bwatts

this isjust like the time i found the recipe for disproving knowledge

bog pixie

:evilbuddy:

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

posting about boners

deep dish peat moss

I'm bummed that my Chill Heaven thread didn't take off

ron color
yewt

ron color
yet

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Stormyish posted:

dont do the pizzacrime if you cant do the pizzatime

Stormyish

Brillo_Pad posted:

dont do the pizzacrime if you cant do the pizzatime

I.N.R.I

Jett posted:

examples:

those kinds o f jokes suck

I.N.R.I
heres a good thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628034

deep dish peat moss

Here's a good thread someone can post. I don't have the dedication to follow through with more than a funny OP.

Title: I make a good tank / I make a good tank irl (not sure which is funnier)

Post: A story about how you and your nerdy friends got in a fight at a (bar/school locker room/etc) and you realized your true calling as a tank. Talk about how you dropped some really bad rear end one liner and taunted the enemy letting your friends dps. Unfortunately you wiped because you didn't jhave a healer.

WindmillSlayer

bog pixie posted:

thank you

polishthunder84

You feel it too, don't you?

h0ly poo poo,...

google THIS

that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

playground tough
lol

• Locked thread