Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

F, VENGEANCE

On whoever lured your family to disgrace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

F = 0%. We have no ship but can buy anything, literally anything.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's pretty clearly going to be E because any time someone so much as breathes "techpriest" everyone leaps for that option like starving rats.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Also see if we can recruit a Bloodthirster for boarding actions

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Counterpoint: Find a Radical. Get him to summon the Bloodthirster for us.

Make the Bloodthirster your navigator.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i choose all the options so as to make things really annoying for the OP who has to tally votes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cum all over the place

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if you think the Adeptus Mechanicus view roving gangs of malfunctioning murder servitors as a bad thing to have onboard

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Don't trust the skull jesus christ people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What does Crispy think? We rescued him, may as well get his advice. Where do most of the other servitors come from?

Presumably we're gonna need a crew at some point and it'd be nice not to rule out options for populating our new ship by pissing off the metaphysical Footfall Police.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Offer to buy their skulls. They're not using them. Well, not using them properly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

If you don't vote C you are a callow disgrace

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Aren't the Crimson Guard a Mechanicus outfit, or does House Prosper have its own identically-named gang?

e:

also I fixed your link

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You hear a roar from an angry god overwhelm the comm

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 24, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Troops through the plume, everyone else through the asteroid.

I don't quite know how Acquisition works but I think two Common adds up to one Average, and two Plentiful adds up to one Common. So: frag grenades (common) and silenced stub automatics (plentiful/plentiful) for all our troops. The whole "let's make one platoon faintly badass" idea is a bit stupid when we have a thousand trained stormtroopers and we hang out with a giant in power armour with a thunder hammer.

I don't care what our house troops are called so long as it's not easy to confuse them with mechanicus troops.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let's acquire some xenotech and just dangle it in front of the mechanicus every time we chat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the humble lasgun will have serious problems getting through noun

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

C: Rad Grenades, and C: Rad Grenades again

the clue is in the name

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

C give up the lance! Let the ad-mech replicate it!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

C: Lose fewer troops and secure the lance and optics array, sacrifice your reputation, lose a bit of leverage with the Magos.

lol what

"Hey, we thought you should have this, in exchange for you signing up to give us future, undisclosed favours."

Is it strictly necessary to yell "HEELLLLLP! HELLLLP!" down the comms on a broadband channel while we do this, or are we unable to spin this differently?

I mean, Team Let's Give The Laslords The Chance To Sabotage Things Before They Are Overrun seems to be carrying the vote so it's not like it matters, but still. I'm surprised the "give up this archaeotech" solution is the "pussy out" one rather than the "forge extremely strong ties with the Mechanicus" one.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What you mean a reputation like "Your entire dynasty was purged due to dabbling in horrific xenotech"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CitrusFrog posted:

Exactly. We've already got one enormous stain on our reputation, a second one will kill the dynasty faster than you can say "PURGE"

i struggle to reconcile "forerunners shackled their flesh to ancient alien machine consciousness" and "brought the AdMech in to kill off a bunch of space pirates instead of doing it personally" as equal sins in the great ledger of life

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

It's all well and good until new Orcs who don't have augmetics start sprouting.

Uh just make him wear a full-body gimpsuit at all times? This is like heretek 101.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Personally I live in deathly fear of the damage this electricity could do to our reputation so we should Beg Rast to handle it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hahaaa

That's what "WE'RE A ROGUE TRADER!! REPUTATION! :q:" gets you

A - sell the kids to the mechanicus. They've probably already been indoctrinated into laser-worship and won't get along with the Augmented.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kai Tave posted:

lol if you think an arm isn't a tiny price to pay for our own death star laser. This is 40K and we're rich, this is like a minor inconvenience at most.

lol if you give up the purity of flesh for the embrace of the machine

psuedonecrons itt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

He's going to rub his balls and taint all over our face as we sleep

This is the correct prediction.

"Magos", the Inquisitor declaims. "Allow me the privacy in which to perform my work."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Purestrain human crew, please. None of that xenos taint.

just Inquisitor taint

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

G check our face for ball and taint marks

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can we commission a marvellous golden sculpture of him, and rub our balls and taint all over it, and donate it to the inquisition

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Get your library on - C. If you can get the skull to help, so much the better, but focus on knowledge acquisition for now. Specifically, on powerful groups that we can trade/interfere with.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

daemonhost

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Romance Rast with the Paragon option.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Greetings, navigators Eye, Eye and Eye.

I vote A, in service to gaining Rast's good opinion to romance him later, but mostly I think we should make for the planet where they violently worship a small rodent, and abduct it and ransom it back. If they worship the species as a whole then we abduct the loving species.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Changing my vote to A, B, C, D and also E.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's a good post but in some respects it's also kind of a shame, because it's nice to occasionally define your character rather than simply pick the optimal solution for gaining most information. Makes it easier on the GM, too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

all of the above!!!

(B)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if you think minds are reliable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

C - all of the above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU