Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maybe ITT we are in an episode of Bar Rescue?

I don't know but this show is loving amazing in the most retarded way.

ANGIES LIST

BUTT FUNNEL

TWO TOUCH POS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
"im leaking money, all my regulars are convicts who never pay their tabs, the place looks like a dump, and a group of single women hasn't entered in close to a decade. do you think i need to make any changes?"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

never heard of it OP is it foreign or something

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Frog Act posted:

never heard of it OP is it foreign or something

its a fukken realty tv show. do you think its foreign?

no, its a french show translated from "le sauvetage de la café"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
THIS KITCHEN IS ABSOLUTELY FILTHY!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

bitch what the gently caress is a bar

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
that greaseball really seems to know what he's doing

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Doctor J Off posted:

its a fukken realty tv show. do you think its foreign?

i thought it was a show where dennis elary was a firefighter in canada or something

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Frog Act posted:

i thought it was a show where dennis elary was a firefighter in canada or something

nah denis elary is even worse than reality tiv, he stole his whole act from bill hix &is republican

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Shut it down! YOU'VE GOT 5 MINUTES TO SHUT THIS ALL DOWN! GET ALL THESE PEOPLE OUT OF HERE!"

"I've been to a lot of scummy dives in my life, and you... YOU come to ME to ask me to save this bar and I look around and take that invitation as a personal ********* insult! The ONLY thing I can think of to improve this place it tear it to the ground! Why would you want to save this place?! Why should I care about saving this place?! I see chipped paint in the bathroom, your roof has 8 different satellite dishes on it, and you've got mice! Just... I'm gonna call my guys in, but right now all you go home until morning, because I can't stand the looks of a single one of you for another 10 seconds..."

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine Kitchen Nightmares taken to a whole new retarded level of self-caricature. That is Bar Rescue.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i told you to get the milk crate full of dead rats out of the kitchen and here it is tomorrow and you didnt do it i am exactly as furious with you right now as i ever have been which was yesterday

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

wow hey new touch screen pos monitors and lightbulbs behind vodka bottles. thank you so much mr. taffer

*bar shuts down 3 months later*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"See this beer served in a chilled mug? Delicious, right? You were charging $1 for a PBR off the tap in a plastic cup. How much more do you think you could sell that beer in a frosted mug for? Now, how much could you sell it for if you had new chairs, marble flooring, old-growth redwood counters, wall paper made from LED monitors, and a state-of-the-art Japanese-styled toilet in every restroom... How much you think that same beer would sell for?!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Is this the one with the whiny voiced Jew who claims to be the master of bara

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

*invites dozens of intentionally rude, rowdy food bloggers to come into bar, get drunk, and heckle employees*
YOUR STAFF CANT HANDLE THE PRESSURE OF AN EVERYDAY NIGHT, FIRE EVERYONE

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Don't a large percentage of these bars end up closing after being on this show?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the redesigns are universally terrible. especially all the military themed ones

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ardemia posted:

i think so, mostly because who loving wants a trendy new bar in Bumblefuck, Iowa?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

*Sends in super hot wife with ample cleavage showing*

*Is shocked when she is creeped on by drunk bar regulars*

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Yo hotel impossible is great... peace

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The show is good for some laughs at idiot bar owners who think they are savvy business men getting yelled at like children by Taffer. However I was a little disappointed when I read that at least some of it is staged.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Axetrain posted:

The show is good for some laughs at idiot bar owners who think they are savvy business men getting yelled at like children by Taffer. However I was a little disappointed when I read that at least some of it is staged.

reality shows aren't real

:wth:

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Burn the pirates.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ardemia posted:

Yes they either close or revert. I can think of three off the top of my head in the Los Angeles area.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Is the dive he turned into a steampunk bar still open?

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Business Gorillas posted:

i think so, mostly because who loving wants a trendy new bar in Bumblefuck, Iowa?

From the failures I've seen, it's owners reverting back to their old ways because its really about partying at work & not about being a professional operation.

Change must also come from within as they say. Dumb asses.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
See how much better this place is now that you're serving high quality brews such as Miller Light and Insert Brand?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Is the dive he turned into a steampunk bar still open?

nope

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Also the Pirate Bar episode is the greatest thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RjfVeOVMs

He hates them so much and the rebrand is the most passive aggressive they've ever done.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe it's just me, but I'm such a loser SF geek that anytime I watch any show like this, I wonder if in the reality of Star Trek if there are shows like this.

Like if Quark is dealing with things like this and has to call in the Food Subspace Channel's "B'ar Res'Q" to help.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm such a loser SF geek that anytime I watch any show like this, I wonder if in the reality of Star Trek if there are shows like this.

Like if Quark is dealing with things like this and has to call in the Food Subspace Channel's "B'ar Res'Q" to help.

ya probably

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

JediTalentAgent posted:

I thought in star trek no one has television because they live in a post-scarcity society and thus don't need to be constantly distracted from their crippling poverty.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
No, they got holodecks. Loading up and playing in reenactments of Bar Rescue is entertainment to them in the future.

Meanwhile, I love the Yelp review for the Piratz: "if you want to let your hair down and flaunt your 38 HHH cups then Go to Piratz where they always make you feel welcome."

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
The best thing about this show is that it caused a person in TVIV to have a meltdown because of a pirate-themed bar

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I've been to piratz and their terrible grog drink got my friend so hosed up that she started yelling at her boyfriend while crying and sitting on the sidewalk in front of the bar and refusing to get in the cab.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Momohime Katsumi posted:

I've been to piratz and their terrible grog drink got my friend so hosed up that she started yelling at her boyfriend while crying and sitting on the sidewalk in front of the bar and refusing to get in the cab.

i think ur friends just dumb and lame buddy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Al Nipper posted:

Also the Pirate Bar episode is the greatest thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RjfVeOVMs

He hates them so much and the rebrand is the most passive aggressive they've ever done.

I just watch this and holy gently caress, I hate this woman and her husband. I want them to fail. She could be a millionaire with that location and go buy a boat and become a real pirate while someone else managed the bar for her if she wanted, but no, she needs to have her fantasy play time right now and refuses to make any concessions. I feel so bad for their daughter.

Momohime Katsumi posted:

The best thing about this show is that it caused a person in TVIV to have a meltdown because of a pirate-themed bar

Please link to this.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

Please link to this.

here ya go friendo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498604&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post406069300

lol also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPkbJohdyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Now I took a look at your Bevintel reports, and your BARTENDERS are STEALING FROM YOU!

• Locked thread