Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
god dammit teeth are the worst gently caress teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
brush your drat teeth goon

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i floss and brush constantly and use a waterpik a couple times a week :(

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
my friend shattered a molar on a frozen snickers the other day. He pulled 5 separate peices out of his gum

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gold tooth time

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

its the tooth right behind my canine that broke so if i get a gold tooth when i sneer at people they'll know i mean business

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
That's weird stuff but it's probably like when a lot of injuries happen where you had like tooth microfractures and eventually it was just too much

what I'm saying is if you really like trail mix don't quit eating it man it's not the trail mix's fault

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How are you not in excruciating pain ? Is there a little nerve hanging out of your tooth ?

Poke a bit with your tongue or a toothpick to make sure ! <---- this is important

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i don't even really ever eat trail mix someone was just like "here have some"

also i used to play ice hockey and i didn't lose any teeth from getting hit a bunch but it probably contributed

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I knew a kid whose mom wouldn't let her brush her teeth with fluoride toothpaste. I think the end result was just not brushing at all. Her teeth would chip all the time. The last time I remember was when we were just eating pieces of bread with butter. Her tooth chipped on the softest part of the bread and I laughed and laughed so hard. I think I remember saying "what the gently caress is wrong with you?" while laughing but I was only like 8 so who knows.

You really should brush your teeth though.

e. nevermind, I guess it's a mystery vOv

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Decebal posted:

How are you not in excruciating pain ? Is there a little nerve hanging out of your tooth ?

Poke a bit with your tongue or a toothpick to make sure ! <---- this is important

If you just break off the tooth above the root and there's no nerve exposure then it shouldn't hurt at all other than the pressure on your gums when it breaks

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i honestly didn't even know i was just like "ugh this trail mix loving sucks and it's hard to chew" and then i realized i swallowed half the tooth

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i lost a tooth in an eat more bar when i was a kid

hope this helps OP

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Stop brushing your teeth, every time you brush you wipe away the protective coating of high fructose corn syrup.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's probably time for you to start buying the purple listerine.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

FordPRefectLL posted:

i floss and brush constantly and use a waterpik a couple times a week :(

maybe you're overbrushing? I only say that because its weird to me that you both floss and use a waterpik and I wonder if maybe you're overzealous about your dental hygiene. you're supposed to floss regularly but only brush your teeth like twice a day and do it with a soft-bristled brush, and also not immediately after eating because the acid from your food softens your enamel.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
sometimes I have a dream where a tooth just shatters and I freak out, then I wake up and am all worried about my tooth, but then I find out its still there and I'm all relieved

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i brush once in the morning and once in the evening, i have to floss every day because anything like cabbage, beef jerky etc gets permanently stuck in there and is impossible for me to get out any other way and hurts like gently caress if it stays. i waterpik every friday before i go out and try to do it on mondays too

i literally cant not floss every day though i get a massive amount of other problems if i dont

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

well, i don't appear to have any problem drinking hot or cold stuff so that's nice

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This scares me more than terrorism.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I never liked brushing my teeth so as ive gotten older i just stopped doing it as much

Ive gotten real popular with the ladies

I use the placker things regularly though, those are cool

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
This is why you eat cheeto, fellow goon. It has been my staple diet since childbirth and I never had any problems breaking my teeth.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
i have perfect teeth and have not had a single cavity ever, i went most of my 20s without even getting a dental cleaning and my teeth are still loving awesome

i guess what im saying is your teeth suck

you just have lovely teeth

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
When was the last time you went to the dentist. Teeth don't just break. You probably had interproximal decay that undermined the enamel thereby weakening the occlusal surface. When you bit it caved in.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Hesh Ballantine posted:

i have perfect teeth and have not had a single cavity ever, i went most of my 20s without even getting a dental cleaning and my teeth are still loving awesome

i guess what im saying is your teeth suck

you just have lovely teeth

this is what's up

didnt go to the dentist for like 7 years and passed with 5 stars

good teeth owns (ive heard its mostly genetic too, though diet and hygiene can play a factor)

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
One time i had a dream where someone's teeth kept growing and had to be surgically removed.
The weird part was when doing the surgery, we had to get to it from the back of the neck.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

this is what's up

didnt go to the dentist for like 7 years and passed with 5 stars

good teeth owns (ive heard its mostly genetic too, though diet and hygiene can play a factor)

as a goon i dont get a lot of opportunities to genuinely feel superior to other people but the teeth thing is one of them

the only time i ever had a problem with teeth is when one of my baby eye teeth wouldnt fall out on its own and the adult eye tooth was coming in crooked, poo poo was just too stronk to give up the tooth game

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
both of my front teeth broke in half on concrete :(

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roargasm posted:

both of my front teeth broke in half on concrete :(

quit chewing on the curb, dummy

naem
May 29, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

It's probably time for you to start buying the purple listerine.

Purple listerine rocks

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Green listerine tbh

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That you aren't screaming in pain is probably a good thing, right

Not fracturing along the main root and exposing it to air

did that once

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Always check your trail mix for gravel. It's just as important as flossing.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this happened to me last year when i was eatin a gummy worm and watching godzilla

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

watching godzilla made me feel like all my teeth were gonna come out

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

FordPRefectLL posted:

watching godzilla made me feel like all my teeth were gonna come out

the original good godzilla

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Brushing your teeth more than once every 4-5 days is actually really bad for you. The abrasion and harsh chemicals strip away the natural protective coatings of your teeth and make them much more susceptible to decay and discoloration. The only reason you get bad breath when you don't brush your teeth is because overuse of toothpaste upsets the natural microbiological flora of your mouth and allows unhealthy bacteria to proliferate; after a few weeks of brushing properly your breath will no longer smell between brushings.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahH! :stonk:

That is the sort of thing I have nightmares about (and also why I'm obsessive about taking care of my teeth). My teeth are hurting just thinking about it.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Brushing your teeth more than once every 4-5 days is actually really bad for you. The abrasion and harsh chemicals strip away the natural protective coatings of your teeth and make them much more susceptible to decay and discoloration. The only reason you get bad breath when you don't brush your teeth is because overuse of toothpaste upsets the natural microbiological flora of your mouth and allows unhealthy bacteria to proliferate; after a few weeks of brushing properly your breath will no longer smell between brushings.

hopefully you dont shower or shampoo to often either for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Still Fluxing posted:

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahH! :stonk:

That is the sort of thing I have nightmares about (and also why I'm obsessive about taking care of my teeth). My teeth are hurting just thinking about it.

i have nightmares about this too so it's good to see nightmare become reality once in a while

• Locked thread