Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I live on an acre in Montana, but I don't consider myself to be in "the country" even though there are horses in our neighbor's yard.
The nearest store is about a mile and a half a way, walking distance. I just consider myself to live in a suburban neighborhood.
The cut-off line is, if I lived in the country, I could pee in my front yard any time, day or night. Since I can't do that, I live in the suburbs.

I have run across a difference in terminology, especially when dealing with people from the South. Being "a country boy" or "a country girl" seems to be something they all brag about, and it usually means anyone who doesn't have sidewalks in their neighborhood. The fact that you live on a badly-maintained road, and it takes an entire 10 minutes to drive to Wal-Mart, doesn't mean you are in the country. It just means you are a dumb racist, most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think this is a general american thing because idiot suburbanites in minnesota say the exact same thing. owning a gun and a fishing boat is apparently the only thing that some people have to base their identity on.

It is a cancer that started in the south.

• Locked thread