Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I am going to Nashville this weekend. Any recommendations there? Bachelor party, and the bachelor party wants bbq and blue collar, nothing fancy. There are obviously loads of good bbq places but I don't know where to start

Princes Hot Chicken, Husk, Jeni's ice cream

icehewk posted:

Milwaukee, WI

Basically this entire list is perfect: http://www.thrillist.com/eat/milwaukee/best-restaurants-in-milwaukee

Comet Cafe gets a lot of talk but I haven't had a good meal there yet. Their vegan options are the same chunk of seitan rearranged (meatloaf, faux ribs, etc).

Pretty alright list, yeah. Although, it's kinda weird that for a city that size, I cant think of much else I'd add to that list. If I sat down and made a list of Madison must-eats, it would be way longer.

I think Guanajuato has pretty tasty tacos.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

trauma llama posted:

The beer goons had some good recommendations, but where can I get good food in Charleston, SC?

We're not picky at all, fine dining or dingy hole in the wall.

Idk about Charlston in general, but Husk owns and you should eat there

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

LongSack posted:

Looking for spots in Charleston, SC

Go to Husk

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

What's good in the Twin Cities? Heading there in a few weeks for a long weekend and looking for eats, especially if there's a decent kbbq place.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

You probably don't live in a city that has Michelin star restaurants. Go eat at one. Just look for a recent list of the most affordable 1 star Michelin restaurants and eat whatever course menu they are serving.

lol I know you meant this as in a "you prob don't live in a huge metro area" kind of way, but Steve is in LA and you are still right. LA does not have any Michelin starred places.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Looking for recommendations for Omaha, NE as I’ve been roped into an impromptu last-minute trip there against my will. I’ll be there for two or three days and I’m open to anything, but particularly burgers, sandwiches, barbecue, Mexican, Italian, seafood, and maybe some ice cream and/or sweets.

I’ll be passing through Tulsa, OK and Topeka, KS on my way to and from there, so I’d like some recommendations for those areas too.

EDIT: I won’t have a ton of cash, so nothing too fancy.

I haven't eaten a whole lot in Omaha, but Upstream and Brickway had pretty decent bar food and beers.

Craft Sliders & Beer was pretty good for burgs and fries. They had a decent beer list too.

The Old Town district is a pile of bars and eateries and breweries and poo poo. Pretty much anything I've had in the area has been decent. Not necessarily amazing food, but it's Omaha.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

lol if you're not eating some of the best Vietnamese food in the US when you're in Houston

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

iirc there's like 83 pho/viet joints down that way and while I haven't eaten all of em, I've eaten at quite a few and they've all been p dope

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

:getin: You've activated my trap card! I've been living in Charleston for a couple years and was looking for recommendations because there are way too many restaurants here. Thank you!

I've found that Husk and Fig are both really expensive and overrated. In particular I was treated horribly at Husk.

OTOH, Husk is dope as gently caress and worth the price and I've never been treated horribly at Husk.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Catbird Seat and Rolf and Daughters are dope, so is Husk.

Also get yourself some hot chicken at Princes. Or hot catfish at uhhh somewhere in Nashville, I don't recall.

Hit up Monells for some fried chicken and piles of other food.

Peg Leg Porker is supposed to have some great bbq, esp ribs.

I haven't been to Babo, but their instagram has been full of some dope rear end looking Korean food.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

San Diego has some of the best Viet food in the US, too. Fantastic bowls of pho everywhere in SD.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I don't know anything specific to that area of Texas but you should prob just gorge yourself on seafood.

Unless it's red tide then idk

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Take advantage of MSP having the largest Hmong population in the US and eat a shitload of Hmong food

Edit: Hmongtown in St Paul has a pile of dope food stalls. Union Hmong Kitchen is a really cool pop up restaurant serving fantastic eats too.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

lol