Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Denver, CO (just stuff I've tried):

Downtown
Brewery Bar II - delicious gringo-style rellenos (if you go here, get a relleno) with a great pork green chile on top. This is where you go when you want good food but you don't want to be surrounded by 20-something yuppies and hipsters. Relatively cheap and filling (~$20-30 for dinner for two without margaritas, etc)

Panzano - northern Italian food in the bottom of the swanky Hotel Monaco. A bit overpriced and frou-frou for me but if I'm in the mood for Italian food of a more-foodie less-comfort style than Cafe Jordano, this is where I like to go.

Snooze - phenomenal breakfast food, I highly recommend their pancakes and french toast. Somewhat expensive for a breakfast, but the big thing here is you'll probably have to wait an hour for your table, which gives you plenty of time to go down the road a bit to...

Crema Coffeehouse - delicious coffee and some pastries/sandwiches. I haven't explored many cafes around Denver but this place is up there with many of the cafes I visited in Seattle. Great to pair with Snooze for a Saturday/Sunday brunch. EDIT: I've finally tried their food (Korean BBQ pulled pork sandwich, pork belly banh mi sandwich, greens salad and orzo salad) and it was all delicious. I will definitely be eating here again.

Sushi Den (not really "downtown" - south of Denver between Lakewood and Aurora) - probably the best sushi you will get in Denver. It's pricey but delicious, and it has decent ramen as well (another thing Denver lacks). I recommend going for a mix of nigiri rather than the rolls, and the aburi nigiri is especially delicious.

Acorn (also not really "downtown" but whatever) - another hip "new American" food place, similar to Linger and they change their menu seasonally. Good, overpriced, but they sometimes have donuts that earn them a special place in my heart. Also good cocktails.

Highland
Linger - mish-mash of "new American" food - Asian influences, southwest/texmex influences, all sorts of stuff. This is where you go when you want good food and to be surrounded by yuppies and hipsters. Also delicious cocktails. Pricier, probably north of $50 for two depending on how much stuff you get. I'd recommend any of their bao/bun sliders and any of their benedicts, though they change their menu fairly often.

Little Man Ice Cream - outside Linger, absolutely delicious ice cream with flavors changing every day or every week, not sure. Probably some of the best fruit-flavored ice cream and sorbet I've had.

Cebiche - Denver has a few good Peruvian restaurants around town, but this is my personal favorite. Their ceviche and aji de gallina are fantastic. Pricier than some of the other Peruvian places around but worth it to a neophyte in terms of Peruvian food.

Lakewood
Cafe Jordano - absolutely delicious comfort Italian food. Get any of their chicken dishes and you'll be impressed. Relatively cheap ($25-35 for two), really filling, don't bother with counting calories when you're here.

Frijoles Colorado - delicious cubano sandwiches and they have specials on Friday - if they have paella, grab it. Also good cafe con leche and guava pastries. A bit overpriced for a cubano but it's worth it.

He Xing Garden - probably one of the more authentic Chinese places, this place specializes in northern (Dongbei) Chinese food. In Denver, you can find decent to great Vietnamese food/pho in every shopping center, but finding good Japanese and Chinese food is a bitch. If you come to He Xing, order from the last couple pages of the menu. Especially good are the sweet and sour pork ("pork in a traditional sweet and sour sauce" - not that American Chinese food crap) and stewed chicken and mushroom with noodles.

Devil's Food - Snooze meets Linger/Acorn. Good breakfast food and some southern US-inspired dishes, also great pastries. They also had the closest thing to a real "chicken and waffles" of all the places I've tried here (gently caress you, Euclid Hall, that poo poo is not chicken and waffles) so it holds a special place in my heart.

Golden
Bob's Atomic Burgers - great burgers and great sandwich specials. Not much else to say.

Sherpa House - a mix of Nepalese and Indian food. Absolutely delicious food and great chai. If you come to Denver in the winter and need a place to eat on your way to/from the mountains, this place is a great cure for the cold.

Places I've Yet To Visit But Are On "Best Denver Restaurants" Lists:
Frasca
Colt & Gray (heard great things from friends)
Bittersweet
Mizuna (heard great things from friends)
Basta
Luca
Beast & Bottle (heard great things from friends)

Also shout-out to La Botana in Thornton - best Mexican food I've had in town so far and it's right down the road from me.

There's also some decent stuff in Boulder but I'm too lazy to make the trip out there that often. Zoe Ma Ma is a decent Taiwanese food place but IMHO most of the food in Boulder is overpriced "new American fare" and "farm to table" that all tastes pretty similar, getting that :20bux: from CU Boulder students with too much money to spend on kale chips and microbrews.

If you came to Denver for a weekend and wanted a taste of "Colorado" food I'd suggest Brewery Bar II, La Botana (I'm sure there are other great Mexican places around, too), Snooze + Crema and Linger + Little Man.

Denver's food scene has a lot of "foodie" places, though. If you wanted to come for that, I'd say google "5280's best restaurants" and pick out a few at random, taking care that 4/5 of the places are all Linger/Acorn-esque "new American fare" stuff that will try to impress you with their variation of pork belly & watermelon salad and $15 cocktails or some poo poo (all of which is delicious, by the way).

EDIT: Some additional places
LAO Wang Noodle House - only non-dim sum place where you'll get good xiao long bao (soup dumplings, and they're better than what I've had at the local dim sum places), good potstickers and they have decent noodle dishes too (their dan dan noodles especially). It won't blow your mind especially if you have experience with some of the authentic Chinese food from LA or NYC or elsewhere, but for Denver it'll do.

J's Noodles Star Thai (AKA Star Thai 2, the one on Federal) - two locations, one on Federal (right next to LAO Wang) and one further in Lakewood. Good Thai food for a decent price, the place I go when I want some prik pow.

Axios Estiatorio - delicious Greek place over in the Tennyson St. area. Homemade dolmades and a moussaka that I'm still dreaming about a couple weeks later.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Anyone want to give some suggestions for Miami? My wife and I will be there for a couple weekdays mid-October. Suggestions for seafood of all stripes and/or Cuban/Caribbean food of all stripes preferred but we'll eat anything.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 5, 2015

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

drgitlin posted:

Cleo in South Beach was pretty good.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Versailles is a legendary, iconic Cuban restaurant in Miami. It's open super-late, and you can see a fascinating cross-section of people from around the world and all walks of life if you go there on a Friday or Saturday night, the later the better. Be prepared to wait in line, but it's so worth it. The food is fantastic, the portions are huge, and the menu has hundreds of great options.
http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com/

rockcity posted:

Versailles is definitely good. I also like Havana Harry's. Their portions are also enormous as well.

If you're interested in other types of food/drink there are some cool places in the Wynwood area including Coyo Taco, Panther Coffee, and Wynwood Brewing. The area is sort of interesting. It's kind of an even mix of run down industrial/commercial land, awesome new restaurants and some of the best graffiti art murals I've ever seen.

Thanks for the suggestions all! Ended up having a wonderful weekend out there and hit up Versailles, Tap Tap, Clive's Cafe, Tinta y Cafe, Panther Coffee and a few others that escape me right now. All of the food was absolutely delicious and I was able to convince my wife that Miami does in fact have good food (she's had bad experiences there before). Plus the Wynwood area and Wynwood walls/doors specifically were very, very cool to see!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Amergin posted:

Denver, CO

Going to update this real quick on my way out of town:

Keep in mind Denver's best local meats (all of this is IMHO) are beef, buffalo and lamb. Don't go for fish unless it's Sushi Den or a local river fish. The food styles of Denver in my mind are Southwest (green chili), "New American" and/or American, with the largest "ethnic" cuisines being "Mexican" and "Vietnamese" (AKA pho).

If you're traveling to/through Denver, you should try
Coffee:
Bardo (delicious sweet coffee drinks)
Sweet Bloom (delicious straight coffee)
Crema Coffee House (this is the best quiche I’ve ever had, also great coffee, fruit juice and sandwiches)

Alcohol/Cocktails:
Golden Moon Speakeasy (the spot for cocktails in my opinion)
Acorn (lots of food/small plates but the cocktails and donuts should be what you get here - donuts sell out quick so it's better as a brunch day-drinking stop)

Dessert:
Sweet Action (tons of ice cream flavors, good variety and constantly changing)
Taste of Denmark (European pastries, the bear claws and almond bars are my favorites - may be closed at times in the summer when the family leaves for Denmark for vacation)

Real Food:
D'Deli (one of many good delis around but this one is my favorite, highly recommend the Aspen Buddha)
Old Major (just recently checked this one out, good charcuterie and great pork dishes)
Las Tortas (best tortas in town)
Brewery Bar II (rellenos and green chile, little dive bar, great respite from hipster Denver)
Sushi Den (still my favorite sushi place in town but to be honest you shouldn't be getting sushi in Denver)
Axios Estiatorio (Greek, heavy but good moussaka, pastitsio and dolmades)

Outside Denver:
Bin 707 Foodbar (Grand Junction, good charcuterie, entrees can be hit or miss but even when they miss it's still good, just not great)
Meadery of the Rockies (delicious sweet wine in Palisade, CO)
Two Rivers Winery (my personal favorite winery out in the Palisade/Grand Junction area)
Peach's Corner Cafe (Aspen, really popular but good benedicts and probably one of the better breakfasts you'll have here)
Pyramid Cafe (Aspen, best food I had out there, the Thai sweet corn soup and Petaluma duck both blew me away)
First Ascent (Crested Butte, best food I had in the area and delicious coffee to go with it)
Daily Bread (Glenwood Springs place we normally stop at if driving through)

I would also say that while Colorado is packed with natural wonders and beauty and whatnot, the best outing we ever took out here was going from Denver -> Gunnison -> Crested Butte -> Grand Junction in the last week or so of September. The drives were just hours of gorgeous colors and aspen groves, and Crested Butte by itself was breathtaking.

EDIT: I'm not much of a beer guy but obviously there are TONS of breweries around Denver and I would highly recommend you do some research and hit at least one up if you're in town. I just drink my friends' fancy beer in their overpriced homes.

If you plan on being out here for a while, here are some of our favorite regular places (in addition to the places listed above):
Italian
Café Jordano
Panzano
Osteria Marco

Chinese
Hong Kong BBQ
Lao Wang
Zoe Mama
New Peach Garden (ON CHINESE MENU: pork sandwich, pan-fried onion bread, beef noodle soup, hot pot, lamb with cumin)

Vietnamese
Vinh Xuong Bakery (banh mi, duck banh mi on weekends, good Vietnamese coffee)
New Saigon (banh mi, cane sugar drink)

Japanese
Uncle (good ramen, wings and apps but overpriced)
Domo (sushi and donburi)

Korean
Tofu House
Dae Gee

Thai
Thai Monkey Club
J’s Noodles Star Thai (just for the prik pow noodles)

Indian
Biju’s Little Curry Shop (curry bowls)
Masalaa (South Indian food)

Breakfast
Snooze (be prepared to wait)
Sassafras
Syrup
Devil’s Food
Denver Biscuit Company

Drinks
Fluid Coffee Bar
Linger (drinks and bun sliders)

Desserts
Little Man Ice Cream (usually we do Sweet Action but if we're in the neighborhood, we just deal with the wait here)
Sweet Cow

Other
Curtis Park Deli
Infinitus Pizza Pie
Yabby Hut (cajun seafood)
Makan Malaysian Cafe (go for the tasting menu on Fridays & Saturdays if possible)
Queen of Sheba Ethiopian
Cebiche (Peruvian, get papa a la huancaina & aji de gallina)

Amergin fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 26, 2016

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

trauma llama posted:

The beer goons had some good recommendations, but where can I get good food in Charleston, SC?

We're not picky at all, fine dining or dingy hole in the wall.

Mentioned before, if you want to eat at one of the epicenters of the "southern food revival" movement, try to get in at Husk.

Also:

Early Bird Diner - my personal chicken and waffles mecca
HoM - fancy but delicious burgers
Magnolias - southern food in a setting that'll make you think you have a domestic back at home
167 Raw - seafood
Blossom - bit of everything
Sticky Fingers - BBQ
Smoke BBQ - BBQ

Personally I'd make Early Bird and Husk the top of the list of places to hit up.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

The wife and I have been on a road trip from Denver to South Carolina hitting up Austin, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans and Atlanta on the way. We just arrived in Atlanta, thought I'd give a quick food recap in case it helped anyone:

Austin:
Would've like to do the Franklin's line/experience but gently caress that noise. We instead hit up Micklethwait Craft Meats and had barely any wait but got delicious brisket, sausage and beef short ribs. Just go there instead unless you get in line at Franklink's at like 7 AM... on a loving weekday.
Did Counter 3 FIVE VII that night for a five course meal and it was so good I had to tip the kitchen crew a round of beers. Best meal I've had on the trip so far. Go here. Eat here.
Tacodeli was brunch the next day and all I can say is Denver needs to step their game up like drat. At least they have Torchy's now...
Also grabbed coffee at a couple places... Patika was all hipster and nobody was talking everyone was writing on their laptops silently but the coffee was good I guess. Also Epoch Coffee I fell in love with the iced Mojo here.
That night we hit up Midnight Cowboy for drinks. Definitely the most interesting if not the outright best cocktails on the trip so far, and I really enjoyed the whole hidden speakeasy vibe. They also did off-the-menu fruity cocktails for my wife without batting an eye which I very much appreciate.

San Antonio:
We just popped in for a night and did Mi Tierra - someone on SA mentioned the goat here was fantastic, he/she was drat right. The place is a mad house though. Walked around downtown, caught the light show at the cathedral... name escapes me now.

Houston:
First night we kicked off with Underbelly in which everything was good but I wasn't getting the whole "This is the Story of Houston" thing shoved in my face the whole time. Would recommend though, it just... the menu sorta felt all over the place and also reminiscent of "New American" food which Denver is drowning in.
Later on we hit up both The Nightingale Room and The Pastry War mezcaleria next door - both were amazing and the foodie bartender at Nightingale gave us great suggestions and was overall a great guy to help welcome us into town. The Montebello at Nightingale is probably my single favorite cocktail on the trip thus far. Also I found out I love mezcal until the next morning.
Next morning we did the seafood brunch buffet at Caracol - it's a buffet but I thought it was a drat good one, especially considering it was largely seafood. I felt very, uh... poor in that crowd though.
That night Coltivare was next with delicious pizza and pasta. We took it home to eat while watching football and it was still good so I can only imagine how fantastic it is fresh and warm.
On the way out we hit up Las Tortas Perronas and while not mind-blowing, it was a drat good sammich.
Coffee wise I think we just hit up Siphon Coffee which does siphon coffee... looks cool I guess? My taste isn't refined enough to taste much difference in that brew method.

New Orleans:
I'm still a bit hungover. This won't be in any discernible order.
Uh we mostly stuck around the French Quarter so we hit up Felix's for oysters (multiple times), did The Gumbo Shop and I was thoroughly underwhelmed, got hurricanes at Pat O'Briens and hand grenades at, uh... Tropical Island? We also did Coop's Place for gumbo/po' boy/jambalaya/stereotypical tourist NOLA food. Also did Cafe Du Monde, good beignets as always.
We also hit up Root for some charcuterie which while it was delicious, I was sort of surprised at how limited the menu was there. The happy hour there makes the charcuterie prices bearable IMHO, otherwise that poo poo is too rich for my blood.
Did a quick trip out to Middendorf's for shaved catfish (because Mind of a Chef).
Entertainment wise we caught a show at Siberia and had some delicious pierogis and stroganoff while having our ears blasted out. Also caught the Thursday burlesque show "Whiskey & Rhinestones" at Gravier Street Social. Highly recommend both.
On the way out we visited my most favorite spot, La Boulangerie for the best croissants in NOLA and I'll fight you over that. Munching on some now while listening to the couple next door fight in the Ramada at ATL.
We also stopped by at Dong Phuong for banh mi. I'm not sure if they're the best banh mi in NOLA but the bread here made me happy in ways bread back in Denver just couldn't.
Coffee wise we did Spitfire and Addiction and both were good - Addiction had some interesting drinks including one with cayenne that just burned your throat something fierce if you're into that sort of thing.

Alright trip report over for now.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

But Not Tonight posted:

Gonna be in Denver next weekend with the mrs and I was hoping to get some opinions on places to go. We will eat pretty much anything so fire away with suggestions, and we're both into beer so brewery suggestions are welcome too.

E: Staying downtown, will have our own vehicle, arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon.

Can't give you many suggestions for breweries but for food I'll dig up my old post:

Amergin posted:

Coffee:
Bardo (delicious sweet coffee drinks)
Crema Coffee House (this is the best quiche I’ve ever had, also great coffee, fruit juice and sandwiches)

Alcohol/Cocktails:
Golden Moon Speakeasy (the spot for cocktails in my opinion)
Acorn (lots of food/small plates but the cocktails and donuts should be what you get here - donuts sell out quick so it's better as a brunch day-drinking stop)

Dessert:
Sweet Action (tons of ice cream flavors, good variety and constantly changing)
Taste of Denmark (European pastries, the bear claws and almond bars are my favorites - may be closed at times in the summer when the family leaves for Denmark for vacation)
Little Man Ice Cream (usually we do Sweet Action but if we're in the neighborhood, we just deal with the wait here)
Sweet Cow

Real Food:
D'Deli (one of many good delis around but this one is my favorite, highly recommend the Aspen Buddha)
Old Major (just recently checked this one out, good charcuterie and great pork dishes)
Las Tortas (best tortas in town)
Brewery Bar II (rellenos and green chile, little dive bar, great respite from hipster Denver)
Sushi Den (still my favorite sushi place in town but to be honest you shouldn't be getting sushi in Denver)
Axios Estiatorio (Greek, heavy but good moussaka, pastitsio and dolmades)
Blackbelly Market
Linger (drinks and bun sliders)
Lao Wang if you want soup dumplings
Yabby Hut (cajun seafood)
Makan Malaysian Cafe (go for the tasting menu on Fridays & Saturdays if possible)
Queen of Sheba Ethiopian

Vietnamese
Vinh Xuong Bakery (banh mi, duck banh mi on weekends, good Vietnamese coffee)
New Saigon (banh mi, cane sugar drink)

Japanese
Uncle (good ramen, wings and apps but overpriced)
Domo (sushi and donburi)

Indian
Biju’s Little Curry Shop (curry bowls)
Masalaa (South Indian food)

Breakfast
Snooze (be prepared to wait)
Sassafras
Syrup
Devil’s Food
Denver Biscuit Company

If I had to choose a handful for your itinerary I'd say hit:
Snooze/Crema/Denver Biscuit Company/Sassafras for breakfasts
Brewery Bar II/Las Tortas/Old Major/Blackbelly Market/D'Deli/New Saigon for lunches/dinners
Sweet Action/Little Man (TBH just do Sweet Action, the wait at Little Man is insane)/Bardo Coffeehouse for dessert
Acorn or Golden Moon for drinks (with Golden Moon taking the edge here IMHO)

EDIT: I never had a chance to try Biker Jim's but I heard good things about it. Also Doghaus had pretty good hotdogs (they also use Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of hot dog buns and give you a fork and knife so define "hot dog").

EDIT2: Apart from Brewery Bar, Las Tortas, New Saigon and D'Deli most of these places are not cheap, but I don't remember any of them being > $50 for a meal for two without drinks except maybe Old Major and Blackbelly (and Acorn if you have a meal there).

Amergin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 28, 2017

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Xun posted:

Someone recommend me a cocktail bar in Houston.

Nightingale Room
Also right next to that is The Pastry War, an awesome mezcaleria.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Happiness Commando posted:

Las Vegas probably deserves it's own thread, but anyway, I'll be in Boulder City for 4 days in September. Where should I go in Henderson or Vegas? Places with decent vegetarian selections, please

Makers & Finders was probably the best meal I had in Vegas, they had a tres leches waffle that was seriously one of the best waffles I've ever had. Lotus of Siam was good but overhyped IMHO. Eat was kinda the same. Momofuku was rad as was the Milk Bar. We didn't have a chance to check it out but our AirBnB hosts recommended the Bruxie Chicken & Waffles place (not sure how their veg options would be).

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

angor posted:

Looks like the New Orleans thread is archived!

Heading that way for the first time towards the end of October for a conference. My dinners should be relatively free, staying at the Cambria in the Warehouse District. I'm a vegetarian which throws a wrench in the works but need recommendations for good eating! Don't mind jumping in an Uber for a good meal.

I got a whole list of places to go check out so if you want more, let me know.

Around the Cambria:
Barcadia is a fun place to chill if you're a nerd
Peche Seafood Grill
Mother's
Mulate's

Little bit more outside that area:
Buttermilk Drop & La Boulangerie for bakeries
Dooky Chase, Mandina's, Felix's Oyster Bar, Crabby Jack's, Salvo's Seafood, Mahoney's Po' Boy Shop are all good staples

If you get tired of creole/seafood:
Dong Phuong Oriental Bakery
SukhoThai
Humble Bagel
Pizza Domenica
Blue Dot Donuts
The Company Burger
Dat Dog

For more bar/music type deals:
Vaughan's Lounge
Spotted Cat Music Club
Preservation Hall
Carousel Bar
Twelve Mile Limit
Cure
The Other Bar
Snake & Jake's

And I always stop into Siberia Lounge to have my ear drums burst while munching on delicious pierogies and sausages.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Doom Rooster posted:

Headed to both LA and then Vancouver for a week each next month and would love some recommendations. I'm into pretty much everything at all price ranges. I love unmarked taco places in dying strip malls, or hip new Michelin bait. Coming from Austin, so the hardest things for me to get where I live are probably great seafood and ramen, so recs for those would be extra appreciated.

Some great food cities, these two.

For LA my personal favorites:
Half & Half bubble tea - there are locations all over, it's blown up within the past few years but still the best milk tea/bubble tea I've had, period (including US, China, Japan, Thailand).
Xi'an Kitchen - great authentic Xi'an Chinese food. Get some noodles and some "Chinese hamburgers" or whatever they call them in English (or just ask for 肉夹馍 roujiamo). I always have to stop here when we're in town.
Chengdu Taste - for more Sichuan style authentic Chinese food.
Mashti Malone's - Persian ice cream, so delicious.
BADMAASH - gastropub with an Indian twist.
Sea Empress Seafood or Seafood Palace - bomb dim sum.
Duck House for Peking duck.
Class 302 - cute Taiwanese cafe, good place to hang out and munch on snacks/drunk food. Also open relatively late.
Shin-Sen-Gumi - good yakitori place (but not cheap).
President Square food court used to have a good ramen place but that's now closed, but might still be a good spot to find a cheaper bite to eat. I remember they had tons of different noodle places.
85C Bakery for Taiwanese pastries. Great stop for a quick breakfast.
Along that same line, Oh My Pan has a good brick toast.

For Vancouver (I haven't visited all of these but they're on my to-try list):
Hokkaido Ramen Santouka - best ramen I've had in the US so far.
Thai: Sawasdee Thai, Maenam, Longtail Kitchen
Malaysian: Laksa King, Penang Delight Cafe
Amay's House for Burmese
Cafe Kathmandu for Nepalese
Indian: Vij's, House of Dosas, Sachdeva Sweets for Indian sweets
New Town Bakery & Restaurant for Chinese pastries

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd love to hear some recommendations for Charleston, South Carolina.

A slightly updated list I have based on what folks have been saying about Charleston food (haven't visited in a while myself):
The Ordinary
Fig
Callie's Biscuits
Xiao Bao Biscuit
Early Bird Diner (chicken and waffles) (I need to hit this place up every time I visit)
HoM (burgers)
Magnolia's
Seafood: 167 Raw, Coast, Fleets Landing
Blossom
Husk
Saffron on East Bay downtown for coffee and desserts
Shi Ki (sushi)
BBQ: Lewis for brisket, Rodney Scott's for ribs, Home Team for their wings, Swig & Swine for general BBQ
Pages Okra Grill
Toast (breakfast)
Grits & Grace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

beefnchedda posted:

Any recent recommendations for Nashville? Any thoughts on Catbird Seat / Peninsula / Rolf and Daughters?

We ended up going to Bolton's Chicken & Fish for our first hot chicken experience on our way through town and my god...

I didn't think anything in the US could rival "gently caress-you hot" Chinese food, but Bolton's proved me wrong. We got like 2/5 and 3/5 and my wife and I were both straight crying, but it was drat good. They also had some of the best baked beans I've had in a minute.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Bolton's. That poo poo will make you humble.