Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

min
May 12, 2001

Suspect Bucket posted:

Someone tell me where to eat in Jacksonville besides Burrito Gallery and Blind Rabbit. I need better sushi then my strip mall guy does.

Btw, eat at Burrito Gallery (E.Adams St) and Blind Rabbit (Kings Street) Ooh, and Engine 15 in Beaches. I still need to try Taco Lu (next to Engine 15). And go to Riverside Arts Market on saturday (except in winter).

Good sushi does not exist in Jacksonville as far as I can tell. After trying what must be nearly a dozen places people assured me were good (they were not), I've pretty much given up. The closest I've found good sushi is Kappo at the East End Market in Orlando.

Non sushi places to eat:

Chomp Chomp - close to Burrito Gallery, looks terrible, food is great. The specials can be amazing.
Orsay - Avondale. French food, everything I've had has been good, moderately expensive.
Black Sheep - 5 points. "new american" same owner as Orsay, very good food. Again, moderately expensive (but not as much as Orsay typically)
Hawkers - 5 points. asian food. Very large variety of dishes, overall decent but nothing that will blow your mind. Worth trying for sure.
M Shack - several locations. Pretty decent burgers, I like them but feel they are kind of overrated. Still worth trying.
Hon Korean - near Beach and Emerson. ....Korean food. This place is awesome. It is a tiny place staffed by 2 people (I'm pretty sure). Everything I've had has been great. Their chicken wings are incredible. Huge korean/asian market next door to check out too.
Taverna - San Marco. Italian inspired food I guess? I've only been here a couple of times but thought it was pretty good. Same price range as Black Sheep, moderately expensive.
Mr Taco - Bowden rd. Tacos. Get the chorizo, it's awesome.
Knead: A Bake shop - Murray Hill. Really good sandwiches and pastries. Monthly specials. Duck Confit sandwich with caramelized onion jam and pickled green tomato is amazing.
Corner Taco - 5 points. Tacos. Not as traditional as Mr Taco, but pretty good.
Whiteway Deli - Riverside. Good sandwiches. Not gourmet stuff but very nice owners and lots of variety.
Pinegrove Deli - Avondale. This place is a butcher/deli, they dry age their own beef. Very good burgers and sandwiches.
V Pizza - San Marco. I think they have pizza. Fairly solid. The plus side is it is attached to Sidecar and walking distance from Aardwolf brewery, so you can get great beer and cocktails then go eat pizza without ever moving your car.

TacoLu sucks. Go to Mr Taco/Corner taco instead. That's all I can think of/feel like typing up right now. If you have any questions I may be able to answer them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU