Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kerosene19 posted:

Thought the original beta was kinda lame but it was only one map, so I'll give it a shot. :shepspends:

thats what i said about bf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Perestroika posted:

It was never really all that good at twitchy short-ranged infantry-only firefights. Though maybe the new developer manages to turn that around, I dunno.

Compared to other games like it (i.e. CoD), the gunplay is absolutely better. What you said was definitely applicable in BF2's heyday but not since BC2 I would say. Granted, this game will probably be bad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Prepare for the horde of "JusticeFor<insert name>" names.

actually that's a really good idea thank you for the idea

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

folgore posted:

Compared to other games like it (i.e. CoD), the gunplay is absolutely better. What you said was definitely applicable in BF2's heyday but not since BC2 I would say. Granted, this game will probably be bad.

Admittedly I haven't played beyond the first expansion of BF4, but even there it always felt a bit janky. Movement a bit floaty, netcode a bit slow on the uptake, and at short ranges most of the automatic weapons ended up behaving very similar. I'll absolutely agree that it worked very well in the medium-to-long ranged firefights that you'd see on most maps, but in confined spaces (Operation Locker :argh:) it tended to break down somewhat.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

Admittedly I haven't played beyond the first expansion of BF4, but even there it always felt a bit janky. Movement a bit floaty, netcode a bit slow on the uptake, and at short ranges most of the automatic weapons ended up behaving very similar. I'll absolutely agree that it worked very well in the medium-to-long ranged firefights that you'd see on most maps, but in confined spaces (Operation Locker :argh:) it tended to break down somewhat.

Even with high-frequency updates gunfights are still janky. Especially once you go outside the ~100 metres of the high-frequency bubble. If you view distant enemies through a high-powered scope, you literally see all the rubberbanding that happens without high-frequency updates.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

This is made by a completely different studio so comparing it to BF4 or talking about BF4 is kind of silly??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

This is made by a completely different studio so comparing it to BF4 or talking about BF4 is kind of silly??

yea i mean its only in the exact same engine with the same publisher and probably some shared assets

its silly to see the similarities

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Eonwe posted:

yea i mean its only in the exact same engine with the same publisher and probably some shared assets

Well they technically slapped new textures on their old assets. That makes it like 20% new or something right.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

Precisely. And Halo 4 is a really good game so this one will probably be aswell.

Also this isn't going to be rushed out to release so it can be on the shelves before Call Of Duty: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin: Rising: Revegneance 2 like Halo 4 was so it will be in a much better state at release.

The same can't be said about Battlefront however so I'd avoid that piece of poo poo.

Pierson posted:

How was Heist-mode in the alpha/beta? An AAA-quality, PVP version of Payday 2 sounds fuckin' awesome but this is DICE and Battlefield so I have little hope of that being true.

It's basically a combo of Rush+CTF where the bad guys (criminals) need to blow up an MCOM to steal the loot inside and then take it to an extraction point while the even worse guys (cops (just another gang)) need to stop them. It was really fun in the alpha, like really really fun. The blood-money mode was the one that most people played the most and that one was lame but there will still be conquest so don't worry too much.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Is Viscera based in Sweden as well?

Because I kinda look forward to "We were, like, totally unable to fix any of those bugs in a timely manner because the King of Sweden prohibits us from working too much!" arguments 2.0.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

:agreed: and thank you for admitting your mistake.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Randler posted:

Is Viscera based in Sweden as well?

Because I kinda look forward to "We were, like, totally unable to fix any of those bugs in a timely manner because the King of Sweden prohibits us from working too much!" arguments 2.0.

They had to put the Carl Gustav in the game because the king would have them thrown in the dungeon if they didn't.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

How long is the Beta going to last for? Hopefully 2+ weeks to justify the download size.

Any bets on if the Beta will be 8, 10, 20 or 40GB in size? BF4 was 40+ gigs before I uninstalled it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I for one am looking forward to exciting new gameplay opportunities and possibilities for level advacement and weapon unlocks in Grand Theft Auto: Payday.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

They had to put the Carl Gustav in the game because the king would have them thrown in the dungeon if they didn't.

If only....:allears:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

By that, I mean the Carl Gustav M/45, which is already in the game, not the Carl Gustav M2.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Beta preload is up. 9.6 GB.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Beta preload is up. 9.6 GB.

Thanks for the heads up. At what time does it actually go active tomorrow?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

4:00 EST.

edit: You can gently caress around in the Hardline battlelog right now. Though it's very slow at the moment.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Origin tells me 10:00, presumably CET. Welp, so much for getting anything productive done tomorrow :suicide:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Desert Eagle in this game is called the Bald Eagle :911:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Hadlock posted:

How long is the Beta going to last for? Hopefully 2+ weeks to justify the download size.

Any bets on if the Beta will be 8, 10, 20 or 40GB in size? BF4 was 40+ gigs before I uninstalled it.

Dear BF fans, COD Hardline: CS the Heist V Beta will feature no lvl cap, you can rank all the way up and unlock all weapons!

*Disclaimer: The "beta" (demo) will run for 6 days only. Good luck with the above suckers.*

Source:

battlelog posted:

Battlefield Hardline F.A.Q.

When is the Battlefield Hardline open beta?
Buckle up, the Battlefield Hardline Open Beta hits the streets on February 3 and ends on February 8! It’ll be available to all players around the world, so there’s no excuse to not try it.

What is the level cap?
There is no level cap in this beta, you can experience the game’s full progression system during the 6 days the beta is live.
Bolding mine

Also the Preload is 11.2 GB downloaded when finished.

I can't believe people are honestly excited about this.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 2, 2015

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll be honest. I'll try the beta and see how it is but there is no way that I'm preordering this knowing that it'll get on sale like a month after release and keysellers will feast on its body.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah same here. I just want to play it so I can say I did and back my disdain up with facts. Then I'll pick it up from the bargain bin for 10 bucks if at all. I don't need a CS Payday COD GTA clone.
Especially not disguised as a BF game because they know an independent IP with this concept would tank even more because non rose-tinted-glasses players will see it as the overpriced DLC that it is.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Wow what the gently caress is up with the first page of this thread filled with insufferable shitheads?. What is up with the painfully unfunny cum poo poo? Can't we talk about the game?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The idea of conquest but where the points are cars and you need to drive really fast to get points owns and if you aren't hype as gently caress for that then you literally hate fun and will never be a member of CUMP

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Wow what the gently caress is up with the first page of this thread filled with insufferable shitheads?. What is up with the painfully unfunny cum poo poo? Can't we talk about the game?

See this is the poo poo I'm talking about. Turn in your badge and gun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

This.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I should save all the posts that are like "gently caress this game I'll never buy it", and then when they inevitably buy it and start posting in the Hardline thread I will just reply to every post they ever make with the "I'll never buy this game" post they made.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

I should save all the posts that are like "gently caress this game I'll never buy it", and then when they inevitably buy it and start posting in the Hardline thread I will just reply to every post they ever make with the "I'll never buy this game" post they made.

I can't wait for the Battlefront thread when everyone starts talking about how Hardline was the best Halo game ever and DICE should do stuff in that game like they did in Hardline.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

Here is mine.

gently caress this game I will not buy it at full price.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

xyigx posted:

gently caress this game I will not buy it at full price.

You sir are a coward and a fraud, have a little commitment why don't you?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

You sir are a coward and a fraud, have a little commitment why don't you?

Lol I know at some point I wil own it, it is a DICE game, may s well make the rear end hurt the least.

Also it is like they know us, the "friendly" fire is propane blue. Hank will live again! :woop:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hopper posted:

Dear BF fans, COD Hardline: CS the Heist V Beta will feature no lvl cap, you can rank all the way up and unlock all weapons!

*Disclaimer: The "beta" (demo) will run for 6 days only. Good luck with the above suckers.*

Can't wait to see Dead Like Rev level up to level 33 in the Beta again like he did in BF3 Beta :allears: I think by the time the Beta ended he had the MAV, Claymores and even that little repair robot unlocked.

I can swing 10GB, although that's still insufferably large for a Beta. We're all meeting up in CTS mumble for hijinks tomorrow afternoon I take it?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Hotwire mode looks amazing and exactly the sort of crazy dumb poo poo that the first beta was missing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmfidEfPLg

Capture points are cars, and you have to get in the car and drive it faster than 30mph to "capture" it - if you slow down, you lose capture and have to speed up again. If the car is destroyed you lose the point and another randomly selected car on the map becomes the new capture point car.

So basically everyone is driving around the map in circles trying to maintain their speed and also shooting at the other cars in order to destroy them.

Also here's all the changed made since the first beta, such as making the RPGs and LMGs pickups and the reshuffling of the gadgets and class weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoxN0JMH6Ws

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

"Gold Lead Pipe"

So... a gold pipe then?

Edit: So, you can now buy Battlepacks with the in-game currency. Or they REALLY upped their microtransaction prices.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 3, 2015

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I won't buy this game for sure.

I have a friend who is actually working on Hardline and she can probably get me a copy for free. I'm still not going to play it though. :colbert:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Genuinely curious why people who aren't planning on playing the game feel the need to tell everybody that they're not playing it.

We all know we'll see you in the game in six months anyway.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm totally going to knock back a pint of scotch and play hotwire with you wookwook/KFS guys tomorrow night, that sounds like fun... for about six days.

I'm kind of curious what framerates everyone is getting @1080p come tomorrow, especially since the GTX 960 was just released, I'm still riding things out on my crusty GTX 460 from the BF3 launch, looking towards BF5 Battlefront this winter. Batlefront should use a very similar version of the Frostbite engine that Hardline uses, right?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Hadlock posted:

I'm totally going to knock back a pint of scotch and play hotwire with you wookwook/KFS guys tomorrow night, that sounds like fun... for about six days.

I'm kind of curious what framerates everyone is getting @1080p come tomorrow, especially since the GTX 960 was just released, I'm still riding things out on my crusty GTX 460 from the BF3 launch, looking towards BF5 Battlefront this winter. Batlefront should use a very similar version of the Frostbite engine that Hardline uses, right?

EA has been pushing Frostbite on almost all of its products for a while now so I'd expect Battlefront to have a very, very similar engine to BF4/Hardline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The first beta ran about the same as BF4 did, perhaps slightly worse performance given it was limited to 32 players and the map was pretty small. Much better than the BF4 beta though.

• Locked thread