Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Where are the PS4 players at for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:lol:
This download speed from AusPSN is just wow.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Anyone used the Tazer yet?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Very short range, one round in the magazine. One hit non-leathal takedown (always the most silent takedown).
Worth it over the pistol as long as you're not running Shotguns? Sounds like it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

suddenlyissoon posted:

I really don't like the fact that you have to buy specific weapons for the cops and different ones for the robbers. It sucks. I know you can equip them via battlelog but it appears that's a glitch.
I dislike lovely double-dipping as well but at least for the beta the prices for the weapons aren't too bad.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I <3 the Tazer. Even better when you kill-trade with it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can I Taze the pilot of a helo?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Smegmatron posted:

You can buy the weapons in the loadout screen on battlelog or in game, same way and place you buy things for your soldier.

None of this is hidden away. It's in the loadouts screen under "vehicles"
You have to buy the vehicle upgrades from the In-Match Loadout menus, not the regular not-in-a-match Loadout menu.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

:ssh: You can edit the vehicle loadouts and buy vehicle poo poo on Battlelog.
:ssh: I'm playing on my PS4. I'd have to switch over to my PC.

Anyone tried using the Ballistic Shield yet? Is it BF4 levels of crap or fun-gimmick like the Tazer?

Croccers fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 5, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Apparently playing as Infantry = Battlefield: Locker

Smegmatron posted:

:ssh: nobody cares about your technology problems. Battlelog is a thing that exists. Use it. :ssh:
Or like, they could just, add it to the menu. On the game system that the player is currently playing on.:shrug:
I'm not too hung up over it since it is a beta and they could change it but it's stupid to force you to use a different system altogether or jump into a match so you can fiddle with it. It's a jumbled up BF4 loadout interface, that had vehicle loadouts in the loadout menus.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Every Battlefield game ever would be better without Straight Pulls. Also any kind of sniper tower should be destructible. This is hardly a Hardonline thing but a BF 3/4 thing too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Pubs also like to bail like weeny cockroaches.
I've managed to steal their choppers several times because they'll bail inches before it bursts, sometimes you get enough time to hop in, repair it a bit and limp away. Too bad I can't fly for poo poo.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

neonbregna posted:

I have an xim4 and I think you can turn aim assist off . Sometimes it's fun to be lazy and play games in bed with a controller.
:frogout: you sick filth stop ruining console games :v:
I want one but HOLY gently caress the prices in Australia for them $200 AUD+

Aim Assist fucks with the Taser for sure, the dart moves slow and if you adjust to aim just infront the Aim Assist kicks in and moves it back.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Actually on the sensitivity options, where the crap is the option to adjust sensitivity when you're aiming down sights? On BF4 I have free-looking quite snappy but down sights to be slow.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I could easily tell back on the PS3 in MAG, that was crazy.
But it depends on the game. Destiny is quite floaty and in my books, loves dumping me into lagfests of matches all the loving time so it doesn't matter if they're using a XIM or not.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Erata posted:

The commander needs more poo poo to do in Hotwire. Environmental hazards like causing fire hydrant eruptions to make cars slide around randomly at intersections, spike strips, raising roadblocks.. summoning swarms of pigeons to poo poo all over a car's driver/passenger cameras like a poop flashbang.. EMP RC cars! Just like the ones they tried to prototype in real life.
So Watch_Dogs poo poo? That would be cool.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TubeStank posted:

I disagree yet I agree at the same time.

ATM simulator is the best way to play. Equip riot shield, stand in corner, eat people who walk by.

The Riot Shield seems to be actually decent in this. Managed to easily turn around the meat-grinder bank vault in the Heist map by just parking myself in the middle of the corridor and crouching, soaking up a large amount of bullets while my pubbie team shot the bad dudes.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

War Tapes is fantastic, the Battlefield games have always been hallmarks of excellency in realism in both graphics and sound in my opinion.

I think that the foreign languages were given up because of an balancing issue. If you're on the Russian team, your enemy can't understand your callouts while you can understand theirs just fine. I still think that it should be an option, particularly with War Tapes, since I like hearing the foreign languages. Of course this point is moot in Hardline but still
Huh? BF4 still has foreign callouts doesn't it?
Because idiots ask me for ammo all the time then run off like twats when I drop it when it's called it out in Chinese and gently caress paying attention to your teammates I need to get more sick headshots with my sniper rifle in this hill over there.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Yea I know, but Planetside 2 is dead and I'm in mourning now so I wanted to spend some money
I still have this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0os4cq5GohE
RIP Higby

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I still have this gif too

:soe:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is anyone hitting this up on PS4 or is it all just the PC?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What's a good mid range Enforcer weapon? The Osw kicks like mad.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

Take the scope off, it becomes quite reasonable with ironsights or a 1x. Same goes for the SCAR-H.
I did, still kicks like nuts compared to the Operator guns.
And lol the Mech smgs, rewhatol?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think you can cheat the Interrogations score by spamming the button when you've KO'ed someone instead of just holding it.
Also holy poo poo how loving far does your dude stick his elbows out when holding the riot shield? :psyduck:

Croccers fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 24, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I got called a loving camping bitch for tasing a bunch of snipers up on top of a tower :allears:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It was one of the buildings on the Downtown map, somehow they didn't notice me taking the elevator up, then loving around trying to melee one and just giving up and tasing three of them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Swimming in battlepacks from Hacking at the moment with this extra EXP.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Best heli-gun to take out other choppers? It's annoying when other players won't help take out the other chopper.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Even Skylord pubbies can be dropkick retarded.
Maybe instead of swooping around like a loving moron , maybe actually let us shoot the loving spawn-truck that's constantly looting our vault you turdbucket.
Also gently caress constantly getting caught on the terrain.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Wow, the machine pistols are really good. So are the semi-auto snipers.
Too bad everyone is just going to stick with the pimped-out starter Elite though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Gold packs seem just a lovely as the Bronze and Sliver, just more 'rare' junk in them :geno:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I want a beanbag shotgun to go with my taser :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nebiros posted:

Melee kills, headshots and explosives damage prevent revive. I want to say roadkill deaths can't revive as well.
You have that thing that can self-revive from roadkills and explosive deaths too but I've never seen anyone use it.

• Locked thread