Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
bill cosby never drugged anybody. intentionally. he wanted all thsoe drugs for himself as you can see your honor. *bill cosby looks at the judge and the jury simultaneously*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

look at that fukcing lazy eye holy poo poo

its actually keratoconus

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Wait are you saying that rape is extremely under-reported, mishandled by police forces everywhere and that if you're enough of a celebrity you can commit a laundry list of The Worst Crimes and nobody will care

Oh wait a conspiracy thats a much more likely scenario

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

A Stupid Baby posted:

Wait are you saying that rape is extremely under-reported, mishandled by police forces everywhere and that if you're enough of a celebrity you can commit a laundry list of The Worst Crimes and nobody will care

That's my point. I'll bet you a majority of men with Cosby's level of power have done poo poo that would make you think they're a real sick gently caress. So it's easy to get rid of someone you don't like.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
xpost with P/C

I figured it out the other day. Bill Coby is not even a human being at all but instead an alien in the form of a human, or rather a series of aliens trading off their other lives to play the Cos. This is why you get the dichotomy between rapist bill and dad-Cos, conflict behind the scenes. imo the good cos got forced out of the job and the rapist(s) took over full time to further the ploy and distract america from their presence on earth

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Jose Oquendo posted:

he was a pretty powerful figure in black entertainment. he helped launch the careers of many black actors and entertainers.

Yeah like a million years ago. For the last few decades his role in society has been mostly to say things that Rush Limbaugh (or whoever) can hold up as examples of "my racist views aren't really racist because here is a prominent black man that agrees with me".

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

eternalname posted:

That's my point. I'll bet you a majority of men with Cosby's level of power have done poo poo that would make you think they're a real sick gently caress. So it's easy to get rid of someone you don't like.

At least tiger woods asked permission first

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

"Why didn't these women report it at the time? Something's suspicious here" - my facebook feed

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

dog buttz posted:

"Why didn't these women report it at the time? Something's suspicious here" - my facebook feed

More interesting is women have come forward with these allegations before but all of a sudden it's a media story. Why do we care now if we didn't then?

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

A Stupid Baby posted:

whats the point of being rich and famous if you cant use it to do whatever you want and get away with it

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I live a stone's throw away from where Eric Garner was killed so there are a LOT of people around me who think it all had to do with discrediting a very famous black guy at a time when people were all #blacklivesmatter.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
It was a different time, rape wasn't as bad back then.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Comedians are kinda pieces of poo poo, so it took like 30 years for anyone to finally publicly call him out on stuff apparently all of them knew about.

naem
May 29, 2011

People used to get away with this stuff more in the past it's true

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Im a well known comedian and let me just say: I respect any man who has touched the asses of more than two dozen women, with his hands, and would never make a joke about them. This hole thing is sick!!!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Only thing strange is that none of the accusations so far have been within the statute of limitations.

Serial rapists probably don't just stop one day so it's probably only a matter of time.

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015
I do not find it strange. Plenty of people are sick in the head, and a lot more of them than you think have money and influence.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

do you mean the situation where an alleged serial rapist is the mascot of YOSPOS, a forum under the larger banner of Something Awful? yeah that's p strange

mods knew

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I think he's a rapist.

He even joked about it in some interview back in the day.

Race has nothing to do with it.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I am not arguing that he is not a rapist. I take issue with the fact that it seemed to come out of nowhere despite being known for years, as well as the fact that we let known rapists/pedophiles such as bill Clinton or woody Allen off the hook.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

eternalname posted:

I am not arguing that he is not a rapist. I take issue with the fact that it seemed to come out of nowhere despite being known for years, as well as the fact that we let known rapists/pedophiles such as bill Clinton or woody Allen off the hook.

It is weird how it all went down op I agree with you. It was a weird thing

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

eternalname posted:

I know Clinton likes to gently caress but is he a rapist? I don't remember that.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

eternalname posted:

I didn't let any sexual criminal off the hook? What do you mean "we"?

I think this came out because some higher profile women started being more public with it and raising a big stink over it and the media ran with it? Unless it was a reptilian conspiracy or something and I'm totally missing the point.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Post a link to his conviction or gas this thread immediately

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Guys, look at my discovery;

Bill Cosby

Aill Cosby

Aall Cosb

Aatl Cos

Aatr ko

Aatr k

Aatrek

... coincidence? I think not

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gatekeeper posted:

I know Clinton likes to gently caress but is he a rapist? I don't remember that.

well can you really refuse the president if he wants to have sex with you? yeah he's a rapist

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

I think most of America had such fond and nostalgic memories of "Mr. Huxtable" that they didn't want to think about any of this, until the evidence became overwhelming. Plus Cosby allegedly had a history of intimidating the women if he could, and settling out of court if he couldn't, and that's only the women who would come forward at all. Most probably just wanted to forget it ever happened and didn't want to face the trauma of publicizing it against such a powerful and beloved figure. I think it all makes perfect sense that it unfolded the way it did.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

lol

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Who knows how many people Frank Sinatra or the rest of the rat pack raped. Or Ronald Reagan. Point is it was a different time where women were raped and they knew to shut their yap about it. /devilsadvocate

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

eternalname posted:

That's the thing though, to me, that's a weak explanation, Hannibal Burress.

According to Patton Oswalt and Roseanne Barr, literally everyone in comedy circles has known about this forever. It was an open secret. And you had cases brought up against Cosby years and years before any of this, and nobody gave a poo poo.

Why did the media never run with any of this before? Why did none of these women come forward? It's all because some random comedian had a 30 second bit about it in one of his sets? How many people off the street would even know who Hannibal Burress was before this happened?

There's an interview with Janice dickenson on Howard Stern from like 10 years ago where she talked about Bill Cosby doing stuff to her and she cut herself off saying she'd get in trouble.

On my phone right now so I can't link it

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think there is a lot of mental gymnastics going on for white people who are outraged at Cosby, a black man, but are pretty ambivalent and go on about separating the artist from his work when watching Polanski films.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
true, but you don't have to look at Polanski's creepy midget raper face all the time when you're watching one of his movies.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

spooky girlfriend posted:

I think most of America had such fond and nostalgic memories of "Mr. Huxtable" that they didn't want to think about any of this, until the evidence became overwhelming. Plus Cosby allegedly had a history of intimidating the women if he could, and settling out of court if he couldn't, and that's only the women who would come forward at all. Most probably just wanted to forget it ever happened and didn't want to face the trauma of publicizing it against such a powerful and beloved figure. I think it all makes perfect sense that it unfolded the way it did.

this gets really insane if you watch it for like 2-3 minutes straight. he just keeps tormenting the poor woman.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

not when it comes to rape for some reason.

public opinion vs court of law are different things knucklehead

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Rape allegations?

Women Say the Darndest Things!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

eternalname posted:

I personally believe that he was a genuine serial rapist.

It's more how this all happened that seems 'off' to me. Why was this known but not cared about for so long? And now it just comes out of nowhere. And Cosby was one of the most powerful black men in the US. I've been toying with the idea that someone was sitting on this information and decided they needed to silence him for whatever reason. Seems like very many prominent black leaders in this country end up with tarnished reputations, or dead.

Because one comedian came up with a routine to bash Cosby after finding this out himself, specifically calling out the fact people ignored it, and that poo poo spread like a forest fire.

Cosby'd been done many years ago if the internet was a thing.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
He was about to come out with a new TV show OP and someone wanted to gently caress him over. Whether or not the allegations were true, that's why they came out with them so heavily when they did IMO

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

He probably is. I have no proof but the man likes some gently caress and I'm sure he got off on the power difference between an intern and the president.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
drat cos got hosed over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I liked how Slate sort of came up with a hit list of other black men to go after next.

• Locked thread