Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Post ITT to complain about the largest Chinese personal computer oem manufacturer leanovo (their new craptops make the appel mac book air look fat, get it) ruining your childhood the least terrible series of portable personal computers previously known as the International Business Machines Think Pad.

* Bemoan the loss of the clamshell display bezel, so now your laptop can't fit inside the screen anymore

* Cry yospos a river over the new and redesigned roll cage (what do you mean my laptop is not supposed to be used as a hammer?)

* Rage about the loss of the thinklight, the only computer integrated reading light

* 16:10 4:3 screens never four get (also TN panels definitely forget)

* Call for the murder of every keyboard designer except for one (any one)

* Educate the brainless masses about how they flipped the Thinkpad logo and added a red LED to pander to the lowest common denominator

* 7th row for Home/End/Insert/Del/PgUp/PgDwn :argh:

* Pictured: The Devil Incarnate

and now they couldn't even reintroduce the buttons right~

oh and the pc is dead long live the tablet pc~~~

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

blowfish posted:

* Bemoan the loss of the clamshell display bezel, so now your laptop can't fit inside the screen anymore

what does this even mean

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i actually like the clickpad

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

what does this even mean

i think what it means is it used to be flatter when it was closed. the bottom half went a bit inside the screen part when closed and now it doesn't

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

what does this even mean

the really old ones were so over the top that you could probably put the screen over a macbook air without the two things touching

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

i actually like the clickpad

i actually bought a used t430s instead of a t440s because I hate the implementation of the trackpoint button clickpad on our lab's neverending supply of l540s so much

that said the implementation of trackpoint buttons on the clickpad is only sort of awkward and not completely unuseable so i could have been way more terrible so if you're not a trackpoint purist it's probably ok

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 31, 2015

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yeah when i last bought a laptop i specifically picked a lenovo model that had a clitless keyboard, then below it a touchpad, then below that two touchpad buttons. they had a bunch of other models with other configurations and they were all dumb

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

yeah when i last bought a laptop i specifically picked a lenovo model that had a clitless keyboard, then below it a touchpad, then below that two touchpad buttons. they had a bunch of other models with other configurations and they were all dumb

nah the pointing devices i use on my laptop are the clitmouse with the three buttons all with one hand (touchpad disabled) or an external trackball when at my desk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lenovo's trackpads are incredibly bad

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

blowfish posted:

the really old ones were so over the top that you could probably put the screen over a macbook air without the two things touching

oh, you miss the gap between the keyboard and screen? hmm

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
posting from a lenovo. unfortunately no clit tho cuz the touchpad is junk (all touchpads are junk)

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

x240 is poo poo garbage for idiots. lenovo why did you do this to us.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

fart simpson posted:

they have a new and innovative texture an annoying texture that got toned down a cheap knockoff of a crapple glass trackpad with awkward clicking a trackpad in a weird shape because gotta have 3cm of unused empty space behind the keyboard and 1cm in front of the trackpad so no chance for having a larger less poo poo trackpad and buttons at the same time

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

vas0line posted:

it has to be thinner and lighter and cut your palms with its mackbook front edge

also nobody could possibly need more than 8 gigs of ram

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this number pad on my w540 is really worth the off center trackpad not

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i kinda like the curved keys on lenovo laptops :unsmith:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the lenovo pos my work gave me has developed keyboard prints on the screen. great job

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Phoenixan posted:

i kinda like the curved keys on lenovo laptops :unsmith:

i kinda like how the solution to "the display flexes and breaks the panel" has been "make the panel more flexible" first and "make the display flex less" second

thinkpads are less crap than most other laptops but holy poo poo i've never seen another so called business laptop with a similarly floppy screen

e:

pram posted:

the lenovo pos my work gave me has developed keyboard prints on the screen. great job

sounds related

not a bug, a feature (deformation absorbs energy :themoreyouknow:)

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 31, 2015

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

blowfish posted:

it has to be thinner and lighter and cut your palms with its mackbook front edge

also nobody could possibly need more than 8 gigs of ram

and apparently people like paying double market price for ssd upgrade instead of buying their own and upgrading it themselves and saving $100 and getting a spare spinner.

AND make the stupid plastic bottom case a pain in the rear end to take off. hfhfjiewojshdjfuf oh yeah and how about we throw a 16 gig flash drive randomly in the computer somewhere. people need that, right????? gggggggggggggggg

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i had a thinkpad 600 and it was a wonderful little shitbox

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:600

also dont forget about

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

vas0line posted:

and apparently people like paying double market price for ssd upgrade instead of buying their own and upgrading it themselves and saving $100 and getting a spare spinner.

AND make the stupid plastic bottom case a pain in the rear end to take off. hfhfjiewojshdjfuf oh yeah and how about we throw a 16 gig flash drive randomly in the computer somewhere. people need that, right????? gggggggggggggggg

what is your problem with a clumsy attempt at covering up the lack-off-ssd problem

in tyool 2014, the thin-and-light-with-long-battery-life model of an expensive laptop line advertised as especially durable is the perfect place to put a spinning drive

Jonny 290 posted:

i had a thinkpad 600 and it was a wonderful little shitbox

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:600

also dont forget about

:rip: actual good keyboard innovation, say hello to bullet point keyboard design

widescreens dictate less rows on keyboards, we cannot allow a reduction in empty space on the laptop

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 31, 2015

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

vas0line posted:

the x-series has been going downhill after the x201. the touchscreen starts clicking randomly after a year and sometimes less on x220s, x230s and x240s. idk if they even offer 3 year warranties anymore. lenovo has been riding the thinkpad brand into the ground and just coasting on its previous reputation

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rest in piss

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fart simpson posted:

it's even worse somehow with linux

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Egan Yardley posted:

the x-series has been going downhill after the x201. the touchscreen starts clicking randomly after a year and sometimes less on x220s, x230s and x240s. idk if they even offer 3 year warranties anymore. lenovo has been riding the thinkpad brand into the ground and just coasting on its previous reputation

The college I work has a student laptop program and I've been running it for about 6 years. We've been rolling out Thinkpads for years and I agree, the x201 was the last good one. Even then the x200/201 had problems. I had a lot of them end up with bad fans which also meant the mobo might have a problem. I really didn't like the touchpad on the x201. Unfortunately they made it worse on the x220. x230 started using the poo poo keyboards. The x240 is just bad in every way. I have one sitting right here on my desk and I hate it.

Personally, my favorite x-series is the x60 or x61. Small, compact, no gimmicks. It's just a goddamn laptop. I'd love to see a Thinkpad that size but with modern guts.

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
I don't like the way you post, OP.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

salisbury shake posted:

I don't like the way you post, OP.

me neither~

Jose Oquendo posted:

Personally, my favorite x-series is the x60 or x61. Small, compact, no gimmicks. It's just a goddamn laptop. I'd love to see a Thinkpad that size but with modern guts.

but that would require building a laptop for useability and not for bullet point features and focus groups
don't ask the impossible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FPS_Sage posted:

posting from a lenovo. unfortunately no clit tho cuz the touchpad is junk (all touchpads are junk)

apple trackpads are in fact actually good sorry about choosing the wrong computer manufacturer

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
my next laptop will probably be a t430 with a t420 keyboard jammed into it. I hate lenovo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

my next laptop will probably be a t430 with a t420 keyboard jammed into it. I hate lenovo

wait you can do that?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
i have an ideapad and when you use the scroll area on the trackpad and lift your finger off it's 50/50 if the screen will continue to scroll or not

other than that the trackpad is piss garbage

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

my next laptop will probably be a macbook. I hate lenovo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I have a t440s for work. the trackpad is unbelievably bad. like the bottom right corner is always right click and you can not disable that. it's the WORST.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

actually on my w540, if you end up without the specific drivers (such as in windows recovery) you can only click in the bottom left corner even though the whole touchpad clicks down. if you try to click anywhere else it just won't register. lol

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

blowfish posted:

wait you can do that?

a bunch of they keys don't work, but who needs F10

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

the t440 series was when lenovo tried to make a macbook. Obviously, they had to reduce their quality down to Apple levels to do that, but that's not really what I want in a computer.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

atomicthum will u be my friend

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ive never owned a lenovo anything

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

the t440 series was when lenovo tried to make a macbook. Obviously, they had to reduce their quality down to Apple levels to do that, but that's not really what I want in a computer.

also it was a failure in every way, since no amount of clickpads can make a black box attractive to hipsters and the wider mack community (but i am repeating myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i have an ideapad and when you use the scroll area on the trackpad and lift your finger off it's 50/50 if the screen will continue to scroll or not

other than that the trackpad is piss garbage

my old work-issued lenovo laptop did this and the first time it happened the computer got stuck in "scroll up" mode and i spent 2 days being unable to view websites longer than my screen before i figured out what was going on (i mostly used a wireless mouse so i didn't accidentally fix it)

• Locked thread