Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Minorkos posted:

can you even arrest the people who pirate stuff at this point considering that's like half the population

it's like a weed where they bust someone random joe every once in a while just to remind people it's illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

IronClaymore posted:

They wouldn't do it randomly, they'll ask the isp for a list of the sites accessed by that same IP address. If there's anything leftist, activist, or about social justice in there then they move forward with it. Well, that's how I'd do it.

Oh and you pull up their ID once you know their identity. If they're white don't bother with a proper bust, just send a cease and desist. Again, pretty much just like weed.

Yea, my experience as a mostly white person is with the "cease and desist" part. Being white rules but this isn't the thread to brag about that probably

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

That's About as stupid as asking users to pay before reading a web forum

yeah no way that's going to happen. nobody is that stupid.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

thathonkey posted:

just curious those of you who have gotten a cease & desist does that go on your record in some sort of way or is it just like a fire and forget deterrent?

my dad and older brother both received multiple warnings (over several years) but nothing ever happened as long as they deleted whatever and chilled out on the downloading for a while. i think it's related to both of them having security clearances and also working for the government. or maybe they're retards and consistently pick bad links.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

lol if you get a cease and desist dont delete the files. your isp cant tell whats on your drive

oh idk, i've never had it happen to me. that's just what my family said they had to do.

• Locked thread