Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pirate Bay mirrors Wikipedia in that both have admins who get paid nothing but get pissy when they can't dickwave over how much content they've uploaded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What would happen if some big artist like Taylor Swift decided to combat piracy by selling preorders and saying "if I don't get 1 million preorders, I don't release the album"?

That would seem fair in my mind

Same thing with movies - the studios can sell tickets online and have a quota, and if the quota's not reached, they don't put it out

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FreudianSlippers posted:

I only download bad movies. That way everyone wins.

"Man sentenced to 20 years in prison for downloading and sharing Caddyshack 2"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone just suggested to me that the new Pirate Bay might be a government honeypot...which would be amazing

• Locked thread