Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I don't think we know who is hosting it, which makes me think it could be a honeypot.

But you shouldn't be using public torrent sites anyway. Or torrents at all imo. Plenty of safer ways to get your :filez:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

ZombieParts posted:

It's not like you knew who was hosting it before so why would not knowing now matter? Tin foil hats make yall stupid

There's several mirror sites that are going to claim to be TPB but I don't really give a poo poo who is who until someone gets at least a significant portion of the content back online. Losing TPB was a gigantic blow considering there's no other site even close to that level of content.

Last time the servers were hosted by the Swedish Pirate Party, which was supposed to grant them immunity to raids.

Loosing TPB isn't a big deal, because all of the sites aggregate torrents from each other. No content has been lost, because all of these public trackers have the exact same torrents.

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 1, 2015

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

a real jerk posted:

actually leftism is good and u are wrong

• Locked thread