Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i love to pirate a digital thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont pay for music because musicians make poo poo music when they get money and success. i want my fav bands to struggle and despair

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive used public torrents since torrents came out and have never gotten an isp warning or a virus so~~

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

thathonkey posted:

just curious those of you who have gotten a cease & desist does that go on your record in some sort of way or is it just like a fire and forget deterrent?

iirc they just send you warnings and dont really do anything. unless you are a major uploader or something the days of getting sued are over

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

old dog child posted:

my dad and older brother both received multiple warnings (over several years) but nothing ever happened as long as they deleted whatever and chilled out on the downloading for a while. i think it's related to both of them having security clearances and also working for the government. or maybe they're retards and consistently pick bad links.

lol if you get a cease and desist dont delete the files. your isp cant tell whats on your drive

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

comcast should force a goto meeting session on infringing customers and supervise the deletion of the offending file and the emptying of the recycle bin

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a comcast service rep comes to your house and checks all your external drives and sticks his hand in your anus for memory sticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Akumos posted:

lol if you think government isn't pushing leftist poo poo

yeah I'm sure our government loves libertarianism or right wing full freedoms(for the cishetwhite master race, ofc) instead of thought policing/censorship/privilege checking

lmao retard spotted

• Locked thread