Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul thinks that vaccines (including the smallpox vaccine) should be voluntary, but he supports them because The Founders did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGvBB_nqZWI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul thinks that vaccines (including the smallpox vaccine) should be voluntary, but he supports them because The Founders did.

OK Rand now what's your position on feeding your kid booze then telling them to go drive around?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Great. Rand Paul is a Pseudo-historian too. David Barton now has competition.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

quote:

The idea of an enduring Democratic majority was a mirage. How the GOP gained an edge in American politics—and why it’s likely to last.

When the sky turned blue this morning after it was black the entire night, we thought it would stay that way forever. Now it's getting dark again- and this time, it might be for good.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

This person refers to the questioner, not Barack Obama. That quote is really disingenuous without the context

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Is it too early to start arzying over that National Journal article or does it still count to talk about how the 2014 midterms had record low turnout?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ReidRansom posted:

Before I die I want to vote for someone who will stand up and tell the American people that their individual choices are stupid and their opinion means dick all. Like just once. Which seems reasonable because that person will either never win reelection or will declare themselves emperor.

Should've voted for Bush, he showed that individual choices meant dick all.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I'm irrationally bothered by the thread title. It's a stamp. He stamps the bill with the Veto stamp, and then signs it. Mods, correct the title please

:colbert:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

This person refers to the questioner, not Barack Obama. That quote is really disingenuous without the context

Even with the context he was completely wrong on the issue.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rygar201 posted:

I'm irrationally bothered by the thread title. It's a stamp. He stamps the bill with the Veto stamp, and then signs it. Mods, correct the title please

Impeach Comrade CosmoBot!

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Caros posted:

He was wrong, yes, but being an anti-vaxxer in 2015 isn't the same as saying more research was needed in 2008.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Caros posted:

Turns out dismissing people's fear regarding their children's welfare when there's (lovely) science suggesting people might have been harmed isn't the smartest political action to take. Does it surprise you a politician mealy-mouthed the easy way out instead of taking a bold stand "FOR SCIENCE!!"?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Kellsterik posted:

When the sky turned blue this morning after it was black the entire night, we thought it would stay that way forever. Now it's getting dark again- and this time, it might be for good.

Yep time for the pity party again. We cannot make change and everything will always be horrible. If there is one great fault amongst the left is that they give far to much credit to subhumans and not enough effort to actually working to drown such parasites.

Also I really am happy the GOP is going on the anti vaxxer wagon and trying to promote "individualism" we could do with some recognition that there is a limit on being a special wild flower.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how people are saying the sky is falling when the Republicans base is literally dying off at a faster rate than the Democrats one.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

I like how people are saying the sky is falling when the Republicans base is literally dying off at a faster rate than the Democrats one.

"But the Republicans are making huge inroads amongst the Democratic middle class, I tell ya :derp:"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

computer parts posted:

Should've voted for Bush, he showed that individual choices meant dick all.

Lol, yeah I suppose that was one takeaway from his presidency.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think this kinda shows why third parties are so thoroughly excluded from American politics at the federal level - Americans have no capability to think critically in a political sense besides "vote for the other guy".

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just because the prophet Obama didn't sweep us off into the communist promise land doesn't mean the fight is lost yet comrades.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Radbot posted:

I think this kinda shows why third parties are so thoroughly excluded from American politics at the federal level - Americans have no capability to think critically in a political sense besides "vote for the other guy".

Not really just the system is rigged so a substantial third party would just divide the vote of of the two main parties, so people are afraid of getting stuck with the other guy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

Mark Levin really pulling off the super villain look in this.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Rygar201 posted:

Sounds like he has a veto pen then. :smug:

EDIT: The ultimate arbitrator says "veto pen".

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 2, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

Scumbag, scumbag, scumbag, liar, scumbag...

Impressive lineup.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BTW how many lawsuits/people are tracking down downloaders for games these days, out of curiosity?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

James Bond: From CPAC With Love.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Seeing Walker there reminded me, I caught a bit of Rush over lunch and it sounded like he was pumping Walker pretty hard. And I guess he did OK in some polls or something recently? I've always thought6 was was basically devoid of any charisma; who are these people they're polling and why is anyone taking it seriously?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

CPAC is this month, this should be exciting!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If Obama's just going to veto-stamp everything on his list, might as well propose the Abortion Minomum Healthcare Standards and Single-Payer Omnibus Spending Bill of 2015 and hammer the Dems as being against both tax cuts and government spending with nationalized healthcare.

How far will the tyrrany of the veto pen swipe, for doth it not swipe for we?

ReidRansom posted:

Seeing Walker there reminded me, I caught a bit of Rush over lunch and it sounded like he was pumping Walker pretty hard. And I guess he did OK in some polls or something recently? I've always thought6 was was basically devoid of any charisma; who are these people they're polling and why is anyone taking it seriously?

Walker is the Pawlenty of cows.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

BTW how many lawsuits/people are tracking down downloaders for games these days, out of curiosity?

Not many, most you will likely ever get is a letter from your internet provider. It's so easy to pirate basically anything that it would be impossible to convict every person with out creating a special crimes unit with the population of NY city.

Most of the time they go after specific sites, for example: piratebay.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

The MPAA/RIAA backed off the big lawsuits when Judges started calling them out on not actually having evidence to support their claims, and their excessive use of 'Jane Doe/John Doe's

They are mostly tracking down major uploaders and hosts now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

No idea who Matt Schlapp is but he has a terrible name.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Radbot posted:

Hard to vote for third parties when there's no one to vote for.

Like literally the Green Party has about 4 people in legislative seats at any level of government in the country.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well see the Pen is interchangeable. Any pen can subbed in. The stamp is the constant.

I'd forgotten all about Google Fight, hah

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I wonder what his special power is:

quote:

Schlapp left the White House to run the Washington, DC offices of Koch Industries, a company headquartered in his hometown and known for their philanthropy to free market causes. Schlapp’s Congressional experience began during the historic Republican wave of 1994 where he served Representative Todd Tiahrt (R-KS) as Chief of Staff for 5 years. During Schlapp’s tenure, Tiahrt averaged an ACU rating of 98%. Schlapp sits on several non-partisan and corporate boards including: The Hugo Wall School at Wichita State University, The University of Kansas Washington Intern Program, the 60Plus Foundation, Voter Gravity, and is an emeritus board member of the St. John Vianney Theological Seminary in Denver and the National Association of Manufacturers. He is also a member of the Order of the Knights of Malta. Schlapp’s political activism first took root at the University of Notre Dame, where he started a conservative student magazine. He is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame (B.A.) and Wichita State University (M.P.A.) - See more at: http://conservative.org/acu_personnel/hon-matt-schlapp/#sthash.5ejMqixx.dpuf

Ahhhhh, lobbyist dick sucking and bullshitting.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Someone wants to tweet how they gonna Schlapp that all over the floor, Schlapp that 'til Obummer says no more.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

Scott Walker's super power is the ability to eat while only some of the food he eats dribbles out of his cretinous face onto the front of his shirt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

"I have an army"

"We have a Rand Paul"

Edit>
Can't wait to see the names as they inevitably get scratched off as candidate is thoroughly torn apart by each other in the upcoming media/political blitz.

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 2, 2015

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Unzip and Attack posted:

He was wrong, yes, but being an anti-vaxxer in 2015 isn't the same as saying more research was needed in 2008.

No, but it was still irresponsible and stupid, even if it was irresponsible and stupid to a lesser degree. We didn't need more research in 2008. There was an absolutely confident scientific consensus in 2008. There was no controversy in the field whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gravel Gravy posted:

Edit>
Can't wait to see the names as they inevitably get scratched off as candidate is thoroughly torn apart by each other in the upcoming media/political blitz.

Have to be pretty quick as CPAC is at the end of the month.

• Locked thread