Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

#I.Matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Ask. Tell. Show. Rookies.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_W8JeBpeE

Police "chase" in Poland and then casually asking about paperwork.

Everything about that video screams "not in America".

Also, manual transmissions in patrol cars.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Yeah I'm surprised the number is that high. Thought it was like a two man department and some reserves.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

I'd say hose jockeys are much worse than the popo poopoo at wearing those kind of shirts in public.

Also less likely to be shot at off duty for announcing their profession to the public in such a way.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

omg do we need new leadership. we were told at roll call it's an election year so expect to be written up or disciplined severely for ANYTHING we do. by command of admin. no more warnings. or something. got a poor guy on my squad that's never really been in work trouble, violated a minor go, and they're raking him over the coals to make an example. think we literally heard an lt say "we're tired of your bitching whos next".

not a fan of people losing jobs because of an election but hoping the next guy cleans house.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whale Cancer posted:

Are you guys unionized? I would say now would be a good time to grieve everything.

We're not. Not because we don't want to be but because state law forbids it. There are only certain things we're allowed to grieve, and getting hosed because the brass said so won't get you anywhere with the board anyway since they all work for the administration.

DrakeriderCa posted:

By election year do you mean your CLEO is elected? Like a sheriff or similar? Or do you mean it's the local government elections and they're pressuring the leadership?

Actually all of the above. It's one of those years where every local office is running. So not only is our brass freaking the gently caress out about everything, and the ones that are trying to look past the bullshit are freaking about which local politicians will win and ultimately approve (or not) our requested budget, etc. etc. etc. You could save a baby's life, but if your heard cursing on camera or some poo poo kiss your job goodbye because the chief is worried about the political repercussions of your actions.

GunForumMeme posted:

Time to nope the gently caress off to a different department.

Or quit the job entirely, move south, and bask in the glory of not working for a poo poo department.

But my retirement account. :negative:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

YOU MUST LOG IN TO YOUR TARGET SOLUTIONS ACCOUNT FOR TRAINING NOW. IT DOESN'T MATTER YOU FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD FROM LAST YEAR AND IT WILL TAKE DAYS FOR THE RESET E-MAIL TO ARRIVE. YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT RIGHT NOW.

And once it finally arrives... "You know you can click right through to the end right?".

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Equine Don posted:

I invite all sworn law enforcement officers to Debate and Discussion for the grand reopening of the Ferguson thread!

I already posted. So there.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JiimyPopAli posted:

8 in British Columbia or Seattle.

And Oakland.

CBS posted:

Young Oakland Girls Called ‘Radical Brownies’ Learn Social Justice Instead Of Selling Cookies

After the recent Black Lives Matter protests, there is a new brownie troop in Oakland. Instead of selling cookies, they are spreading a message.

On a Saturday afternoon in Oakland, a handful of 8 to 10 year old girls are gathered, in brown uniforms, giggling and eating cupcakes. They look like Girl Scouts, but it’s not just fun and games. And it’s not just fun and games. “White policeman are killing black young folks such as women, men and children,” one of the girls said. Another girl said, “Mike Brown. He was shot because he didn’t do nothing. Only the police officer shot him because of his skin color.”

These girls are called the “Radical Brownies.” And instead of learning sewing, they’re learning social justice. Even their uniforms have a message. “The beret, it’s a Black Panther/Brown Beret twist,” one of the Radical Brownies said. “I think it’s very appropriate. A lot of the work the Black Panthers did was community oriented,” Radical Brownies co-founder Marilyn Hollinquest told KPIX 5.

Hollinquest and her friend Anayvette Martinez co-founded the group about a month ago, after Anayvette’s daughter Coatlupe told her she wanted to join a girl’s group.“How amazing would it be to have a girls’ troop that was really focused around social justice and where girls could even earn badges?” Martinez said.

Their first badge, a fist emblazoned with the words Black Lives Matter. They earned it for marching in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in Oakland last month.
“The girls felt really just like passionate about the topic and they loved being there,” Martinez said. When asked about the big issues they are tackling, Martinez said, “They are big issues. But we also feel like these are conversations that they’re not too young to be having.”

The Radical Brownies have triggered an avalanche of criticism online, with some accusing the group of brainwashing. “We did strike a nerve. We definitely did strike a nerve,” Hollinquest said.
But Hollinquest said they are not telling the girls what to think. “Kids already understand fairness and unfairness, so we take that understanding at an age-appropriate level,” she said.

The girls said they feel like they are a sisterhood. “It’s really good for me because it brings out who I am,” one of the girls said. Martinez said, “After this first year, we’re hoping to be able to support other chapters starting.” In a matter of weeks, the Radical Brownies’ Facebook page received 10,000 likes. There have been requests from as far away as France and Bermuda to start chapters there.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/10/radical-brownies-girl-scouts-social-justice-oakland-black-lives-matter-protests/

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Equine Don posted:

I invite all sworn law enforcement officers to Debate and Discussion for the grand reopening of the Ferguson thread!

I'm really enjoying my posting experience in your thread so far. Any chance to make D&D collectively have their panties wad because a viewpoint they don't agree with exists in that forum makes me giggle.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

D&D gonna flip if they find out a something awful copgoon can be from a minority family and have a masters degree in a non cop field. And still disagree with them. I don't feel like dropping that on them yet though. It's too delicate a time.

~head explodes~.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

always knew you were one of the good ones :v:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/23/us/cajuns-ask-minority-status.html

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

But Only After Being In The Fridge.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Blue Poops Matter

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Another department recently reported complaint's against officers were significantly down last year after officers started wearing body cameras.

The footnote? Of the documented 36 complaints, 26 were pulled by the original complainant before even being investigated by the department after they were told the officer was wearing a camera.

Just goes to show you how many people knowingly make bullshit complaints against cops. Like in the 80% range.

:lol:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

It's gonna be 3 below tomorrow night, it would take me 20 minutes to get all the layers off and get my tits out.

-7 here last night. Hard nips.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

skoal made a cool mint dip :woop:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

GunForumMeme posted:

How's the flavor compared to regular Skoal mint?

It's different, but a nice change of pace. It's a lot like the mint chill snus if you've ever tried that. Except obviously more dippy. It doesn't juice that long though. I'm the type that can't stick with one flavor more than a week or so at a time, so it is nice to have another enjoyable option that isn't insert FRUITY MEDICINE FLAVOR here.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

Will the cool mint make your partners dick tingly as you felate him?

Why else would you dip a mint flavor, duh.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Shits $2.74 a can here. That's the perk of having all the big tobacco companies in the state.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Found a picture of Grem at school.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

i should be able to put shoveling out my cruiser on my timesheet.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cops would be as in shape as fire fighters if we could get paid to do nothing but work out during our shifts.

We get "30 minutes" to work out on duty but it's call dependent and shift dependent. Your always on a call and your shift is always short so it never happens.

Also getting there, taking off and locking up all your poo poo, and then taking a shower and putting all your poo poo back on before hitting the road again eats 20 of your 30 minutes anyway.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

work out off the clock motivator

Most of us do :ssh:.

But just like taking a poo poo on duty, it's also great to work out while getting paid too. Also getting paid to:

Smiling Jack posted:

sleep 8 hours a day among other things

Although after working 12+ hour shifts the motivation to work out on work days can be tough. Gotta mainline C4 Pre with your eggs and bacon.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

Some day the world will rise up against the united states like it did against hitler, and we just want to make sure we are worthy of the title of fascist oppressors when the day comes.

As far as fascist oppressors go, we're certainly not very good at keeping the general population of our own country in line. We've got a lot of work to do in that department to be ready for the Mexican invasion.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

Sign me up for the post apocalyptic BDSM scene.

Are there still lots of Mexicans there though? This is important.

In Mexico? Not really. All the illegal immigrants I talk to say Mexico is basically 90% populated by people from El Salvador and Honduras waiting to cross the border.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Do the British Police services document every unholstering of a firearm and taser even if there is no deployment?
The Nordic ones do, and you attach all kinds of paperwork, but I've been trying out of curiosity to find other places that do it. It's kinda hard to come up with on easily available info.
If so, does it require justification and the events leading up to it descriptions and all that?

There is a department near where I work that does this. They got like 15 pages of paperwork to write the second they do a thing. So now they have officers who are slow to react at pulling their guns or tasers or batons or whatever when they really really need to because they know they have to write a report, a memo, a message to the governor. So now you have situations where no one on scene wants to do anything or react to a suspect or an evolving situation. Or recently when they called us for mutual aid for fleeing suspects with weapons and wait for us to get there because we can pull out our guns and point them at the bad guys and/or tase people without a lot of extra nonsense.

Just the other day I was there when they had 7+ officers chasing after a guy who attempted to flee in a car. After they got him stopped none of them initially moved in to pull him out of the car and arrest the guy because it means two extra layers of use-of-force paperwork. That kind of poo poo can get someone else or you killed.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 26, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

Not an LEO, but my local PD requires a use of force report for unholstering a firearm. Thankfully there seems to be a small measure of sanity with it according to my friends within the agency... No one is getting in trouble for being safe.

Yeah, there is no problem with it at face value. But there are times, like noted above, where it can go to far. Say you've responded to a burglar alarm and have to search a building. You draw your firearm and search accordingly. At that other department automatically every officer has to now write a "use of force" report. That doesn't make any sense.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

I've been asked to take a process for a School Resource Officer at a middle school in my district. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one taking it.

It's comes with non zombie midnight hours and a take home. Not going to lie, I could use a change of pace after spending all this time in patrol.

First thing I'm gonna do is egg your cruiser.

:colbert:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

How do you guys handle shots fired calls with no cooperating witnesses?

For example, 3-4 calls for a gunfight in the middle of the day but nobody got hit and no ballistic evidence.

Check the area, no shells in the road, no plainly obvious bullet holes anywhere.

*Call Unfounded*

Or if you are feeling frisky *Fireworks*.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Chopstix posted:

You don't have to wait for him to become an SRO to do that

Don't gently caress with a pool car, because your loving with the guy on the other shift who uses it too.

Branis posted:

EMT's talk poo poo till they get scared of a guy running his mouth and call for the cops to come hold their hand while they drive the ambulance.

As in when a dude is having a heart attack and his wife is "hostile on the phone telling rescue to hurry up" the paramedic advises his crew won't go to the house without us "securing the scene" first. That's happened, and that kind of thing is why we transport ourselves in a cruiser. My favorites are when they bitch about us calling them to do check outs and transporting "not vital patients" but when they have someone refusing to go they want to transport they call us to come threaten them.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 26, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Also lets open a can of worms, french cops use a cool leg shot to disable a suicidal dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_75uR4u5YEs

look at this post in the wrong thread

we've got a drunk thread for this

i mean ask a cop thread

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

SrgMagnum posted:

I knew it! Joke's on you though. I'm gonna drunkpost in both threads. #ftp

Thought that is what we were supposed to be doing. Whichever one is at the top CLICK.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

:golfclap: https://vimeo.com/90147444

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

HASHTAG.

• Locked thread