Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

games are poo poo bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i would've taken 1 2d metroid game over all of the prime pieces of poo poo put together

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I know you don't actually feel this way but good low effort troll.

I liked the 2D games a fuckton too so I understand the idea behind this but the prime series were far from pieces of poo poo.

i do not care for them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i am mainly just sour that when it came to making a new metroid for the DS we got hunters instead of a super metroid sequel

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hunters was bad, but not because it was 3-D. It was just bad.

no it being 3d on a DS was def why it was bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow this month I get a free copy of Spelunky, a game which anyone even slightly interested in that genre has already owned for at least a year or more. Thanks Vita!

yeah but its portable on vita you big idiot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hubris.height posted:

wait, i did buy freedom wars but then traded it in cause gently caress that game.

no gently caress you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hubris.height posted:

i think the fact that you like it says all that need be said about freedom wars, stux :colbert:

its fantastic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

I couldn't get into Guacamelee because color-coded enemies that are immune to everything but one attack is one of the most tedious gameplay mechanics out there and it has two versions of that that make every fight take 3 times longer than it needs to.

well that isn't how they work at all, they need one hit from the colour coded attacks, then are open to normal comboing, which leads to working out ways to string enemies up together while breaking their shields. its fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Pretty much every vita game is on PC or iPad so who cares.

a PC isn't portable, even a laptop isn't even close, and lmao an ipad for games vs a console with two analog sticks and a poo poo ton of buttons

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I didn't say good games were on vita, just pretty much every game on vita is on PC or iPad.

If I want good games on the go I'll just bring the 3DS

3ds doesn't have spelunky, rogue legacy and Chie so uhhhhhhhh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also end of life vita when they stop patching it is going to be the ultimate emulator machine

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tip for fighting sinners: shoot them a lot and don't bother with melee

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

Gravity Rush is complete garbage that completely blows its load in the first 10 minutes and offers nothing new after that. This is a great example of how bad the Vita is, you see people hyping the gently caress out of trash like Gravity Rush that feels like a half-baked tech demo compared to even bad 3DS games.

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

and people say i have bad opinions :eyepop:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

Holy poo poo, the sewer level in Wolfenstein 2014 is total garbage. I really want to like this game, but there's so much dumb poo poo that it's hard for me to enjoy it.

the wu tang secret is that the new wolfenstein isn't actually that good and goons go mad over mediocre poo poo all the time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chaos rhames posted:

for example everyone gets mad at you

exctly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Are there good browser games that basically involve zero thought but slowly award points and level you up?

neopets

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

krampster2 posted:

Hello chat thread. I have decided I am going to play every single game in my Steam library. I have 177 games and will do it in alphabetical order. I don't play 99% of what I own so I'm basically resorting to forcing myself. This is going to be a fun adventure.

you're an idiot go gently caress yourself.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just play the games you are interested in and don't make what is meant to be a fun activity into work or alternatively

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why would you need motivation to play games unless you didn't enjoy them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

krampster2 posted:

dunno, just not that into games anymore

do something hing else then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

yea Dying Light is cool

wish I could remap the controls though, I want jump to be X, who the hell binds jump to R1? :psyduck:

you're meant to be free running and it bases its actions on what you're looking at, plus clambering etc is a hold rather than tap, so having it on a face button would be terrible

edit:see also mirrors edge which used L1 iirc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

indie art games own actualy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'd rather indie art games exist than not

the cool thing about them is that some are good and some are bad but all of them make idiot nerds angry. that is the true art of indie art games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gone home

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

I've just been stux'd

no i honestly like it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close imp zone and bring back ycs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I'm still here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

imp zone would be a lot better if you were only allowed to post about chie

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

please respect limp trolls

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sorry you all just got rekt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

same except explicitly for the dangnanronpa lp

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't want to get rekt by someone like Stux.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

If you're a gamergate "moderate" (ie not making death threats) then you're basically just a gossipy weirdo, pretty good poo poo

go post in the hell thread about it and never post anywhere else again then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

i wonder what he posted so bad that kewpuh had to edit it out

oh

giant anime pictures

well stux while you are probated chie sucks lmfao

as i said in my PM, chie owns

Stux