Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The VA just sent me a letter saying I owe them $6k for GI bill overpayment.

The gently caress, VA. I used two semesters' worth back in 2008-2009 on the old Montgomery GI bill, and two semesters' worth last year. This has got to be some kind of error that my current school hosed me into.

edit: oh hey, new page.

The Rat fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

The Rat posted:

The VA just sent me a letter saying I owe them $6k for GI bill overpayment.

The gently caress, VA. I used two semesters' worth back in 2008-2009 on the old Montgomery GI bill, and two semesters' worth last year. This has got to be some kind of error that my current school hosed me into.

Talk to your certifying official and they'll get you sorted out, don't even bother calling the VA. They said I owed them some money last year for tuition overpayment and when I called to find out what the deal was they just told me to talk to my certifying official. Instead of contacting the place where they send the tuition they bill you up so you have to be some whack rear end middle man and track down money that wasn't paid to you, but you're responsible for.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Master Bateman posted:

Jet fuel doesn't get hot enough to get melt steel either you know.

Normally your right but there are more energetic jet fuels, colloquially referred to as "JP Quatro Amigo" or "Dimer" that burn hotter due to some fun stuff involving hydrogenation of the dimer of methylcyclopentadiene. and as a flip side sorta makes the poo poo safer(ish(C12H20, you think that's not gonna gently caress up a chromosome? Pssh. :rolleyes:)) to handle on board ships and stuff. Or if this were the 60's the addition of Boron to the fuel mixture, vastly increasing the energy density of the fuel could also work.

But commercial jetliners (or their circa 2001 reasonable CGI facsimiles) don't burn those sorta fuels. However I'm pretty certain the Israeli F107-WR-402 turbofans that slammed into WTC building 7 and the wrong side of the pentagon were burning the poo poo out of JP-4 right before impact, and when he's not regretting going with the run last night my old buddy Pete Carrol can tell us alllllllll about it. :colbert:

This post is layers upon layers if you dig shallow and (don't) think a bit on it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 3, 2015

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

RichieHimself posted:

Talk to your certifying official and they'll get you sorted out, don't even bother calling the VA. They said I owed them some money last year for tuition overpayment and when I called to find out what the deal was they just told me to talk to my certifying official. Instead of contacting the place where they send the tuition they bill you up so you have to be some whack rear end middle man and track down money that wasn't paid to you, but you're responsible for.

Wilco, thanks for the tip!

e: if I were still living in the barracks, I'd throw this poster up http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-going-hot-leanna-decker-poster/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this was a fart of a storm. About 8" or so.

This is a snow storm. (same parking lot)

not bad

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

RichieHimself posted:

Oh cool. I had a letter from the VA saying I owed them $166 bucks .

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never got paid that 1200 bux you're supposed to get after burning through the GI bill, so the guy I called at the VA opened a case on it. Unless the yellow ribbon program cancels out that payback, I don't see any other reason I wouldn't get it. Between that and my tax return, I kinda wanna buy a dirt bike, but I'll guilt myself into paying off my car instead I guess.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cole posted:

Fwiw I have flipped out on a neighbor or two because their dog was barking at 3am on a Wednesday.

I woke the whole neighborhood up in the process.

Its not the dogges fault though

ya i know its not the dogs fault, they just moved in yesterday and left it alone in the tiny rear end backyard they have. lots of new smells and sounds.

hmmmmm i have an idea. i have some coyote urine stuff. if the dog doesnt shut up in a few days i could ring his yard in that poo poo to freak him out.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
loving escrow for my house always underestimates my taxes. Last year was lovely with a 1200 dollar shortage. This year it's only 180 but come the gently caress on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
that's not your escrow, that's the lender.

my lender hosed up years ago and sent a ~$1000 check because "oh, your escrow had a surplus" only to get pinned 3 months later with a higher mortgage payment because my lender is loving retarded.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

that's not your escrow, that's the lender.

my lender hosed up years ago and sent a ~$1000 check because "oh, your escrow had a surplus" only to get pinned 3 months later with a higher mortgage payment because my lender is loving retarded.

Owning a house is cool because you can paint and change the floors and poo poo but it loving sucks when the taxman cometh or the air conditioner breaks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
dont let your stupid loving lender handle your property tax

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

dont let your stupid loving lender handle your property tax

The alternative is doing it myself and I am much more likely to gently caress it up even worse. I still get to bitch about it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The alternative is doing it myself and I am much more likely to gently caress it up even worse. I still get to bitch about it.

the tax man sends you the bill for x tax, there is no question as to how much you owe. just set aside x dollars for it and you're set. we don't let the dumbass lender handle that crap on our house.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The Rat posted:

Wilco, thanks for the tip!

e: if I were still living in the barracks, I'd throw this poster up http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-going-hot-leanna-decker-poster/

Spoke to my school's certifying official this morning and he doesn't know what the deal is. Now I get to either stay on hold with the VA for hours or try their email/chat support system. :suicide:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

the tax man sends you the bill for x tax, there is no question as to how much you owe. just set aside x dollars for it and you're set. we don't let the dumbass lender handle that crap on our house.

Um you're assuming I'm a responsible adult and somehow I'm gonna set aside that extra 2 hundo a month.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Um you're assuming I'm a responsible adult and somehow I'm gonna set aside that extra 2 hundo a month.

is that all yours is? lmbo

ca property tax is insane :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My car tax in CT was 400/year for my lovely 2003 Mazda.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Rat posted:

Spoke to my school's certifying official this morning and he doesn't know what the deal is. Now I get to either stay on hold with the VA for hours or try their email/chat support system. :suicide:

This seems like the kind of thing your school pays the certifying official to rundown and take care of as opposed to you handling this. What the gently caress does he even have to do in the middle of the semester anyway? Tell him there is a problem and you need it fixed

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

CT charged me tax on my car from when I lived there even though I provided documentation that I was in the Navy at the time. Instead of voiding the charge they just sent it to collection and I got a letter from some collection agency. When I send my letter response I totally wrote gently caress you under the stamp. That'll show them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

sorry you didnt live in a town that gave you a vet discount

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

This seems like the kind of thing your school pays the certifying official to rundown and take care of as opposed to you handling this. What the gently caress does he even have to do in the middle of the semester anyway? Tell him there is a problem and you need it fixed

Turns out it was the VA themselves. I used the VA Ask website and actually got it resolved. Apparently since I graduated community college a month ago, some knucklehead at the VA decided that I didn't need my Spring 2014 semester paid for after all and did a withdrawal on it. It is now theoretically being fixed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

sorry you didnt live in a town that gave you a vet discount

Yeah new haven county took 1500 off. Off the gross value of my car, saving me like 62 dollars a year.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Clay Hunt suicide prevention act passed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-white-house/

bolding the good stuff:

quote:

Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act or the Clay Hunt SAV Act -

(Sec. 2) Requires the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) to: (1) arrange for an independent third party evaluation, at least annually, of the VA's mental health care and suicide prevention programs; and (2) submit a report to Congress, by December 1 of each year, containing the most recent evaluations not yet submitted to Congress and any recommendations the Secretary considers appropriate.

(Sec. 3) Directs the Secretary to survey the VA's existing Internet websites and information resources to publish an Internet website that serves as a centralized source to provide veterans with information, updated at least once every 90 days, regarding all of the VA's mental health care services.

(Sec. 4) Requires the Secretary to carry out a three-year pilot program to repay the education loans relating to psychiatric medicine that are incurred by individuals who: are eligible to practice psychiatric medicine in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) or are enrolled in the final year of a residency program leading to a specialty qualification in psychiatric medicine; demonstrate a commitment to a long-term career as a psychiatrist in the VHA; and agree to a period of two or more years of obligated service with the VHA in the field of psychiatric medicine, as determined by the Secretary. Limits the loan repayment to no more than $30,000 for each year an individual performs such obligated service.

Directs the Secretary to submit interim and final reports to Congress on such pilot program.

Terminates the pilot program three years after its commencement.

(Sec. 5) Directs the Secretary to establish a pilot program at not less than five Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISNs) to assist veterans transitioning from active duty and to improve the access of veterans to mental health services. Requires the pilot program at each VISN to include: (1) a community oriented veteran peer support network, carried out in partnership with an entity that has experience in peer support programs; and (2) a community outreach team for each medical center in such VISN.

Directs the Secretary to submit interim and final reports to Congress on such pilot program.

Terminates the pilot program three years after its commencement.

(Sec. 6) Authorizes the Secretary to collaborate with nonprofit mental health organizations to prevent suicide among veterans. Requires the Secretary and any such organization with which the Secretary is collaborating to exchange training sessions and best practices.

Directs the Secretary to select a VA Director of Suicide Prevention Coordination to undertake any collaboration with nonprofit mental health organizations.

(Sec. 7) Extends, for the one-year period beginning on January 1, 2015, combat veterans' eligibility for VA hospital care, medical services, and nursing home care for illnesses which have not been medically proven to be attributable to their service, provided: (1) they were discharged or released from active duty between January 1, 2009, and January 1, 2011, and (2) did not enroll to receive such care during the five-year period of eligibility following their discharge.

(Sec. 8) Prohibits the authorization of any additional appropriations to carry out this Act's provisions.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Saw this taped over the men's bathroom sign today

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
take it down, wipe your rear end with it, put it back up

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
People wouldn't put poo poo like that up after the "too much Popeye's" turd I just took an hour ago.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

Tape a new one saying "Do you takes baths here? It's a Toilet, moron."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Tape a new one saying "Do you takes baths here? It's a Toilet, moron."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Sounds like an invitation to strut into the women's bathroom and whip your dick out.

(and then get arrested for indecent exposure)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
But would they send a male cop or a female cop in after you? This is important.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

You never know which room a cop might need to go into. That's why all cops these days are genderfluid.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I get that for one person in a gazillion there's some genetic fuckery and things aren't clear cut for that person specifically. For the huge, huge, loving HUGE majority of people, every person they ever meet in their lives even in passing will be exactly one gender. It's such a remarkably loving dumb argument and I don't get it.

I've never really understood how someone can look at the 99.9999999% of people who actually are one gender or the other and conclude that everyone must ask what pronoun they should use to talk to you. It's loving reality, deal with it. (My campus has a "fluidity of gender" exhibit going on for like a month or some poo poo and it's grating on my god drat nerves)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well the basic argument is that sex is assigned in the womb and cannot be changed without treatment. Gender is like whatever you want, baby.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That's why we need to go back to using the identifying term "sex" on all paperwork instead of "gender." There are two checkboxes; pick one, don't write a loving essay. If at some point in the future that answer changes, whatever. Until then, if you're not sure which one to pick, look in your pants.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Saw this on campus last week.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

platonic speed dating

wtf is that for like people who dont want to be left out but know they cant get any

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you dad i'm a loving transraptor, deal with it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

platonic speed dating

wtf is that for like people who dont want to be left out but know they cant get any

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm still a grilled cheese sandwich.

• Locked thread