Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
am I the only one that can't stand lenny kravitz or is there some sort of unrecognized tolerance for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
last trimmed my beard for christmas with girlfriend's parents. I really need to trim back this mustache and figure out what I'm going to do with this goddamn hair mess on my face, because I'm tired of getting half way through a cigarette and smelling burnt hair.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
no

shim's at least legitimately trying to get me to quit. I'm just too loving stubborn.

I'm on 300mg wellbutrin/day. soooo, yeah. not quitting yet.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 2, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Icon Of Sin posted:

That's how I quit. I also started drinking horrendous amounts of coffee to substitute for nicotine, so that might have helped too. :v:

I meant, I've been on 300mg of wellbutrin/day for a long time. Probably about two years now, if not longer.

my caffeine addiction is atrocious but I can ride out the headaches pretty well with green.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
that's not your escrow, that's the lender.

my lender hosed up years ago and sent a ~$1000 check because "oh, your escrow had a surplus" only to get pinned 3 months later with a higher mortgage payment because my lender is loving retarded.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
take it down, wipe your rear end with it, put it back up

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
frog baseball

I had to get my beavis and butthead fill in at friends houses because we only had something like 20 channels and MTV was not one of them, but the town my school was in had a different provider, so I'd hang out with friends there after school until my ride showed up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
STATES RIGHTS!!!

bullshit.

when I lived around nashville, there was a special breed of arrogance about the civil war, especially south of the city where the old money lives. I get that some folk are doing this for irony (granted, not very many) or just to fit in even more into their white picket-fence town. but the people who take this poo poo seriously all need a kick in the dick.

also, we have "sons of confederate veterans" license plates here and every time I see a car with one of those tags I want to stab their tires with the biggest loving 'MURICA style knife I can find.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like soy milk. I get the chocolate kroger brand and mix it with whole milk for my morning pills, and sporadically throughout the day.

what I'm sick of with the whole gluten poo poo is stuff like this:

"I'll have the gluten free blahblah"

me: oh, you have celiac's?

"not really, I'm just a little allergic to gluten"

:what:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

I got a pair of Merrells...chameleons, I think, a few years ago and they are finally giving out. They were the ultimate combo of lazy slip-on and good for any kind of hiking or lovely weather walking imaginable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? New chameleons are supposedly crap because Merrell got bought out and substituted lovely ingredients or whatever.

I have a pair of merrells that are pretty much my go-to shoes. The soles are in awesome shape but the fabric is starting to wear through (one of my calluses wore a hole through already). Just going to patch it and keep wearing them, they're almost as comfortable as my old moccasins.

loving great shoes though, I just had the callus of doom.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31296188

do not talk about personal things in front of the tv, this may also include sex

Not a single one of my TVs is newer than 7 years old. Last one I bought is a 55" Sony projection with a new bulb for $150, bitch should be fine for a few years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

at the date posted:

I did too. The last book is really bad.

I never read a single one of those books, but didn't the author die halfway through the last novel and a ghost writer finished it?

I can see this happening to George RR Martin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Master Bateman posted:

GiP, what is best in life?

dogs

dogs are the best

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

goddamn.

now that I think about it, you're right.

and you call me fatalistic.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get one of those golf ball sucking shitters and be done with it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Satan loving help you if you gently caress up that wax seal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When I bought my house I had plans of going through and repainting rooms one by one. Then I realized I'm not going to live here forever and don't really give a poo poo.

My laundry room is still purple from the first owners, who painted a fake window and a bunch of schmoozy poo poo up on the walls (plates, flowers, kid poo poo). And goddamnit, it will be purple when I move out of this poo poo city one day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
if I was being foreclosed on, yes, that would be an option.

but plans are not what they were a year ago. I'll keep the place, mostly so I have a place to go in september when we're done hiking. girlfriend's going to stay in it for the meantime, family will check up on the place, has keys, etc, etc. Also I have to finish school at some point or another, may as well sit tight and finish here.

much as I loving hate this city, I'm still trapped here for a few more years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
superglue a giant purple dildo to the top of it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
at least you're getting your mail

tried intercepting anything with my name on it going to my ex-wife's place. filled the card out right, but the postal service still hosed it up and just sent all of my mail to her instead of here.

guess I should go yell at the local postmaster general for their glorious fuckup.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm getting other people's mail, but it's because the postal worker on the route doesn't realize there's a South and a North version of my address, and apparently can't read "south" on my mailbox. It's not every day, but it's frequent enough that I'm usually running over to the other folks' place once a week or so.

stupid. stupid. stupid goddamn postal workers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone signed me up for emails/texts/junkmail the other day and I was getting poo poo from GOP, the Pauls, Glenn Beck, uber, domino's, redbox, something called theblaze, UofPhoenix, all sorts of poo poo.

Now that my phone shut the gently caress up after all the texts, calls (4 from UofP alone), and emails, I'm thinking about who did it, and how much poo poo I should send them from where and whatnot. Thinking a few messages to their work email from white supremacy groups would do them some good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never put my number or that email in the get help thread, so it was probably my ex-wife, or her mother (a raging oval office).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My email gets so little action it might as well be retired and walking around a golf course.

This all started monday, phone went down yesterday (back up today), only people who know this email are the ex, a few of my family members, and whoever I sign up with for poo poo. I haven't signed up for anything in a while either. No family member would bother with this poo poo, but the exwife has had time, motivation (she's a oval office), and definitely knows enough about me to get poo poo sent directly for dumbass reasons. She's had weird poo poo mailed to me before (mens lingerie catalogs).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd say I'd trade you but my washer leaks a little and I've fixed it twice for other reasons already. my dryer is a complete fire hazard because the loving door switch broke, so I jammed a chunk of wood up in there to keep the circuit closed all the time, so now you can open the door and throw cats in on towel loads.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
ahhhh

I was wondering what the gently caress that was, and wasn't going to waste my time looking it up. thanks.

anybody know if there's a junk mail generator type page out there? email or real. for funsies.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
....aspirations for the trail...

Gonna be scoping out skunky woods pussy all summer long.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have low standards. This is practically widely known fact.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

But real talk you are rinsing out the tent and tarps if you go all Ishmael slamming land whales in the tent on the trail. I won't spend a night in the sexual mucus' of an Appalachian Humpback Whale beached out way too far inland. We're better than that.

lol

Any whale tail will be speared in her tent.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Richard Bong posted:

is a grilled cheese with blue cheese a thing?

Yes.

Well, some crumbles tossed into it, yeah. Last actual bar I worked at, some of the servers would have us make grilled cheeses with every cheese in the kitchen. Probably 9 total. On sourdough, cooked in a panini press.

They were loving magnificent.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hit/miss at best. If you like andy samberg, you'll probably like it. I'd dare say I'm surprised fox hasn't killed it yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably closer to six months, dude. Wind-whipped moving truck wasn't that far back.

Time dilation is a oval office.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I got a tattoo with my tax return. Thanx Obama. Now I can be cool

Edit ?????

what'd you get? a big green weenie?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
right where uncle sam likes it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've only ever used my VA ID card for prescription pickups at the pharmacy, and even then it's just "slide through the card machine and let me passively glance at it through three inch thick glass".

I don't really see the point of it if that's all it's used for.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
oh yeah.

holy poo poo I can't believe I forgot that. after the divorce my trips to home depot dwindled ridiculously, because I don't give a poo poo about repainting, tile, fixtures (water and electric), etc. If it ain't broke I'm leaving it the gently caress alone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
which is almost never, ever done. because they just ask "last name, last four".

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't wait for someone to just absolutely lose their poo poo and start lighting motherfuckers up at the hospital. Vets seem to go crazy and shoot up a bunch of places because "tinfoil radio waves" tell them to, and yet they don't go after the VA. :tinfoil:

I kinda wonder if Chris Kyle's killer would have had an acceptable plea of insanity had he gone nuts on his local VAMC instead.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Your that guy. GG. Enjoy your HAI, and lower life expectancy.

I'm that guy too. :(

For now, anyway. Goddamn does it suck.

Besides, if the VA doesn't kill you, something else will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
probably yeah, the news was jammering on about it the other day

• Locked thread