Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Other than trimming the neck I haven't shaved since December 1st. Wanna try to make it at least a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

last trimmed my beard for christmas with girlfriend's parents. I really need to trim back this mustache and figure out what I'm going to do with this goddamn hair mess on my face, because I'm tired of getting half way through a cigarette and smelling burnt hair.

Stop smoking bc beards > cigarettes

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Fwiw I have flipped out on a neighbor or two because their dog was barking at 3am on a Wednesday.

I woke the whole neighborhood up in the process.

Its not the dogges fault though

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
But would they send a male cop or a female cop in after you? This is important.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

elite_garbage_man posted:

currently getting buried in a snow storm.

nice knowing u all

Did it fill your vagina too

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
what about the "i was born in 2000 and i'm in high school hope this makes you feel old" generation

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm 42. Sounds about right.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
My mom let me watch anything without nudity. And even then I just had to close my eyes for that scene.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
As long as I don't have to get a flu shot every year then idgaf

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
someone in D&D got mad at me because i wouldn't respond to their question because it had "otherize" in it and i refused to answer a question that had made up words

stuff like that is pretty fun, but try to do it in person.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
people say its just like.... "their body types" and poo poo when they are fat and that they can't do anything baout it

but then i look at asia and the number of fat people is like 0.0001% of the general population (not counting sumo wrestlers and stuff)

this tells me that asian people are made different than americans because americans are fat and just can't do anything about it, but asians dont get fat

which leads me to believe that there are physiological differences between people

what i am saying is dont let women in the infantry

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Master Bateman posted:

They actually have balls too which surprised me.

Only the ones that used to belong to the driver.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Did you show the cop your action shots that you took while driving

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
No, a VW Bug is a chicks car.

A G35 is nowhere near a VW Bug.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
just get the car you like :shrug:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I've only ever used my VA ID card for prescription pickups at the pharmacy, and even then it's just "slide through the card machine and let me passively glance at it through three inch thick glass".

I don't really see the point of it if that's all it's used for.

i just use my drivers license. i don't even have a va Id card

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

not caring here posted:

Well, basic cleanliness?

look at all the dirty rear end homeless looking vets that are in the VA next time you're there.

i wouldn't care if the VA was sitting on a landfill if the fuckers would just operate more smoothly.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Vasudus posted:

Anything remotely related to the VA at just about every level is filled to the brim with incompetence and bogged down by legal mandates. I'm not one to say 'hurf, government regulations!!!1' but goddamn, the VA is the shining example of every big government stereotype. They're slow, they're incredibly inefficient and any attempt to change ANYTHING at ANY level is borderline impossible without congressional mandate.

The next time I step foot in a VA facility (other than meetings for work) will be in a few years when they tell me my combat-related injuries are magically better until I prove otherwise.

tell me why my prescription has to be picked up an hour and a half away instead of at the rite-aid where they usually send them

seriously, this is stumping the poo poo out of me.

this is rhetorical bc i know the answer

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MurderBot posted:

What's your masters thesis on? I was thinking about switching my PhD emphasis from Fat nurse research to VA nursing, maybe seeing where improvements could be made within the VA system through nursing... Although I only knew one person who conducted research through the VA and I guess the amount of poo poo he had to put up with to conduct research within the VA was insane, granted he was focused on patients rather than staff.

you know how the sergeant major is usually that guy who has spent the last 15-20 years getting brainwashed?

i'm convinced the VA does the same thing to people. you go in with the best intentions and then bam, you're just another one of them.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Went back to the VA today. Was just there Tuesday. They couldn't treat me Tuesday because I had to do my initial intake today.

Since they couldn't treat me Tuesday, they couldn't write me a note for missing class either.

The moral of the story is don't miss class even if you feel like you're gonna die if you're covered by the VA.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
how can they just make it impossible to sign up for something like that at any point idgi

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
all this talk about how long you guys have been in is really making GBS threads up the vet thread

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Uh, we're talking about how long we've been out.

oh. i've only been out since may so it is weird to think that one day it will be years since i have been out.

do you guys become cool people or are you all still gay mil dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

not caring here posted:

Not gay, but I am willing to learn.

that's like saying you were in the NBA and don't know how to play basketball.

sorry dude, you're already there.

• Locked thread