Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
My beard is pretty nice. Gonna have to trim it before the month is over. Last year I was rockin a full 6+ month jihad beard and got an email from the boss saying if I look like I've been living in the mountains it's unprofessional and what will people think waaaaa. So now I trim it every few months. My shame is great.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
loving escrow for my house always underestimates my taxes. Last year was lovely with a 1200 dollar shortage. This year it's only 180 but come the gently caress on.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

that's not your escrow, that's the lender.

my lender hosed up years ago and sent a ~$1000 check because "oh, your escrow had a surplus" only to get pinned 3 months later with a higher mortgage payment because my lender is loving retarded.

Owning a house is cool because you can paint and change the floors and poo poo but it loving sucks when the taxman cometh or the air conditioner breaks.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

dont let your stupid loving lender handle your property tax

The alternative is doing it myself and I am much more likely to gently caress it up even worse. I still get to bitch about it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

the tax man sends you the bill for x tax, there is no question as to how much you owe. just set aside x dollars for it and you're set. we don't let the dumbass lender handle that crap on our house.

Um you're assuming I'm a responsible adult and somehow I'm gonna set aside that extra 2 hundo a month.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

My car tax in CT was 400/year for my lovely 2003 Mazda.

CT charged me tax on my car from when I lived there even though I provided documentation that I was in the Navy at the time. Instead of voiding the charge they just sent it to collection and I got a letter from some collection agency. When I send my letter response I totally wrote gently caress you under the stamp. That'll show them.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
You know what's really loving stupid? Naming generations. Everyone who is not your age range (+- 4 years) is either GODDAMN KIDS THESE DAYS or loving OLD PEOPLE DRIVE FASTER GOD. What were generations called before like... 1900? When was the lost generation?

edit: lol
1909-1928 - Good Warriors
1890-1908 - Hard Timers
1871-1889 - New Worlders

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
CYBER BULLYING

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

The big Gen-x/Millenial cutting line is this

Do you remember Beavis and Butthead being edgy?

Yes: Gen X

No: Millennial

KICK ME IN THE JIMMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCnrpfUaAk

Gen x status: confirmed.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'd go to a friend's house to watch beavis and butthead/ren and stimpy. I never thought the simpsons was very funny but there was a line about a "drat saxophone" or something that caused my parents to ban it from the house.

When I got a little older me and my dad would watch south park until the episode where satan boxed jesus or somethihng came on and it was banned from the house. Fart and dick jokes are cool until you make fun of jesus apparently.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im calling shenanigans on all you guys claiming beavis and butthead cred since not one of you cocks backed me up when i made a prong reference

I thought the music video parts were dumb and worse than commercials.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Poor dog hates going out in the rain but he has to poo poo so bad that I'll take him out so he runs into the yard, panics, and runs back inside. Five minutes later he's lifting his paw at me again saying hey man is it time to go? And we repeat the process. It's hilarious and sad and I could probably do this all night.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
It's 2015 and my city is trying its best to be the the worst part of the worst state. There was a story this morning on the local npr station about flying the confederate battle flag at the civic center. Lots of deep southern drawls all MAH HURITAGE and one dude even said something about honoring the VETERANS that fought and DIED totally glossing over the fact they were all traitors every last one of them. You don't see them wanting to honor the british soldiers that died in our wars with them, or any of the desert folks we've fought and killed over the decades. There's a :godwin: joke to make in there somewhere but.. eh

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The Rat posted:

See that's how I felt after watching the Super Mario Bros movie. Ashamed to be not just American, since my country produced it, but ashamed to be human, because my species produced it.

If you watch it and pretend it's the sequel to blade runner like the directors intended it's a lot better

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

quote:

Omg how adorable! I can see Kaden, Cayden, Knoa and a few other little guys rocking these styles!

quote:

Kaden, Cayden, Knoa

quote:

Kaden

quote:

Cayden

quote:

Knoa

kill all these white ladies for dooming their kids with these names.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Casimir Radon posted:

One of my trainees is mad at me now and called me narrow minded for saying that the whole gluten-free thing is mostly bullshit.

gluten sensitivity isn't a thing debra

A buddy got diagnosed with celiac a few years back and the whole gluten free craze is awesome for him because he gets more options but most people are just retarded

Related, I feel like I look like an rear end in a top hat when I buy soy or almond milk or get it put into my coffees but it's because I'm lactose intolerant, not a hipster :mad:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Taxes done. 1400 return thanks to interest deductions and education payments (wife's schoolin). 1000 into savings and then split the 400 so I have 200 towards my next tattoo.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

I got all my taxes back between education credits and being poor as gently caress for the first half of 2014.

This year I'm doing a proper W4 withholding so instead of having a juicy tax return I just get 300-ish more a check. Unless I hosed up my math and then I get slammed with unpaid taxes. It's an adventure!

Yeah doing it myself like that is terrifying. I'll just do the normal poo poo cause it works for me.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got a va loan and the hardest part was dealing with their inspection and appraisal. They valued the house a few thousand lower so the sellers had to lower their price which left us with a "better deal" but we lost some stuff like washer and dryer and had to pay a few more costs to even it out.

Definitely find a local lender. We tried to go through navy federal and it was such a pain even trying to contact our guy. Your loan officer doesn't work at your local branch. Everything is done out of San Antonio. They send you a massive amount of paperwork with no explanation or guide and to me going over it with a real person helps.

That said your loan will be sold to another bank immediately either way. Now I get to work with Wells Fargo :11tea:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this looks lame as gently caress, i thought wheel of time was about medieval sword and sworcery poo poo like game of thrones, not some fags in puffy shirts chatting in a mansion

Yo I read all 15 books or w/e and like 60% is fags in puffy shirts talking to each other (or chicks in dresses smoothing their skirts) with the other 40% being travel and like 1% cool fighting. Series is still 101% awesome (minus book 10).

I don't know math.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ahahahahhahahaba hahahahah

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Finally getting around to installing new toilet. Being a homeowner kinda sucks sometimes but this is actually fun. Thinking I shoulda got something other than a white one so I could hide the poo poo marks better but oh well.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Oh hey installing a toilet sucks. Mostly because I had too short of a water connection and had to go get a new one and this one is too long. Now I need one that's juuust right.

next time I'm paying a poor

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Satan loving help you if you gently caress up that wax seal.

This is terrifying. If the seal is hosed (I figure a bunch of flushes will let me know) I'm calling in someone to do it for me. My neighbor could have done it but he was just in a car accident and hosed his back up.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Well it's all gotta wait till tomorrow cause I was drinkin when I figured out the waterline was too long (made of metal and bending it put pressure on the pipe, need shorter) so I couldn't go get the replacement. I think I did okay but I get paranoid.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Toilet drama over. Ended up having to get a 20" water line because the 9" was just too long and didn't bend, the 12" was bendable but there was a hard crease in it that would probably be bad over time, and the longest one let me loop it around in a safe manner. After many flushes no apparent water leakage and I took my first dump in it with the poop going right where it needed to. All in all a healthy experience. Being a homeowner (homo-ner) sucks sometimes but then others it's a-ok. Welp that's my boring story, tune in next time for, "What room will I paint next?"

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
With all the upgrades I'm making to the house I feel like I'm pricing the house out of the neighborhood. We plan on being here for a while so it's worth it because you need to enjoy your home.

I wanna do solar panels and see what the HOA says. Joke option is get elected to the board and campaign to dissolve the HOA.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ours is 150 a year, they maintain the sign at the entrance and I guess are responsible for the street lights, and they send out notifications that I put my garbage cans out too early the day before trash (3pm when they can't be out before 5pm suck my dick). They obviously don't care about some people's literal dirt yards with garbage in them.

The problem with getting anything done with the HOA is not enough owners show up and a quorum can't be established to vote on anything so nothing happens.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vriess posted:

HOA sent me a letter about my mailbox because it isn't shaped like a brick pizza oven like 60% of the other houses.

gently caress them.

It's a plain, black, steel unassuming mailbox.

Wasn't that just the box that came with the house? What the christ? It's probably better than my uniform lovely fischer price plastic mailbox.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Yes.

Well, some crumbles tossed into it, yeah. Last actual bar I worked at, some of the servers would have us make grilled cheeses with every cheese in the kitchen. Probably 9 total. On sourdough, cooked in a panini press.

They were loving magnificent.

this is legit.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

i need an office chair that does not have a gas cylinder failure. the past 4 chairs i've had have all failed even the chair that is designed for giant fatasses (I am only 190lbs).

Sounds like you're in denial, fatty.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Better call saul!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Ford is dumb. Buy a Subaru. :colbert:

Saw a subraru at panera bread the other day had a sticker said "despite owning a Subaru I am NOT a liberal"

:ironicat:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got a tattoo with my tax return. Thanx Obama. Now I can be cool

Edit ?????

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

what'd you get? a big green weenie?

leading right to my butthole

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I wish my tattoos were that cool

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Casimir Radon posted:

I just took an anonymous college survey about some marketing campaign. The gender question was a type box. They're going to have Trans-Dinosaur in the stats.

What are your pronouns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
3 years and change. Big vet beard, 40 extra lbs, and some tattoos to replace having to have a personality vet life owns.

• Locked thread