Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oh hey its been snowing since like 11pm last night, wonder if it stopped snowing yet

...oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I just spent 10 bucks on a bunch of programming courses for Ruby/PHP/Python.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/python-programming-for-beginners

I keep trying to work myself up to learn more poo poo and hopefully spending a lil bit of cash will motivate me to do so.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

aw how cute you think thats a snow storm :allears:

this was a fart of a storm. About 8" or so.

This is a snow storm. (same parking lot)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

My car tax in CT was 400/year for my lovely 2003 Mazda.

sorry you didnt live in a town that gave you a vet discount

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

platonic speed dating

wtf is that for like people who dont want to be left out but know they cant get any

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

gently caress you dad i'm a loving transraptor, deal with it

i know the perfect person for you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Took a PTO today because I didn't feel like working. :feelsgood:

Carried over a full week of PTO for this year because I barely take any PTO

Since I work from home 99% of the time and I suffer from catholic guilt i just work whenever i feel like poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

we have more and more millenials at my work these days and its loving hilarious to me how inept they are at face to face conversations

take away the time they use to make a response over text/email and boom poo poo falls apart if you call them out

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

every time ive heard it used it was for kids after 86 or so

now im looking on wikipedia and now its set for 82 and later

oh shiiiiiiiiiiit my identity

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

from now on i am trans-generational

please refer to me as the generation i identify as (gen-x)

ill hang signs up on the bathrooms so you can all be educated

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i refer to myself as a ninja turtles kid to differentiate myself from all the worthless turds born in the 90s and beyond

The Real Ghostbusters was 100% my poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I remember a lot of kids not being allowed to watch The Simpsons growing up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I thought the music video parts were dumb and worse than commercials.

i thought the same thing growing up

now they're my favorite part

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the mike judge collection kinda sucks for beavis snd butthead, since they only include like 10 music videos because of the licenses

if you can find the King Turd collection online, its the most complete version you can get

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SumYungGui posted:

Ren and Stimpy I still do not understand even today, beyond "Holy poo poo what drugs are you on?" and "How the hell did this make it on Nickelodeon?"

nickelodeon was trying to cash in on the cartoon boom of the late 80s from Who Framed Rodger Rabbit/Disney doing Little Mermaid

Warner Bros went all in and got Speilberg to produce Tiny Toons/Animaniacs/Freakazoid etc, and also doing Batman

disney was selling tickets like hell for the first time in decades

so nickelodeon grabbed what was out there from who they knew at Klasky-Csupo and poo poo

They also hosed over everyone royally for the rights, which is why season 3 of Ren and Stimpy was made without Jon K (hes a huge bitch irl anyways so gently caress him)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Are they still good? It's been a while since Xena, man

they're not bad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm probably going to be in the same boat soon, in a year or two. We got some stuff to take care of first. and then somehow find a buyer for our condo.

Town I grew up in has really reasonable prices all of a sudden. Certainly didn't when we were looking in 2009 :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

We got a first-time state downpayment assistance loan thing for our place that we need to pay off before we can sell, along with a couple things we need to fix up on the place. (paint the walls, replace the rear slider door due to a busted seal that's now fogging up the stationary part) and crap like that.

We're not going to get back what we paid for this place, because we live near a bunch of olds in our neighborhood who sold asap to get the hell out of CT after the winter of 2013. We'll probably be down at least 20k from what we paid here. :( We bought here when we did though since our oldest was about to go to kindergarten and there was no loving way we wanted her to go to to schools in the city we lived in at the time. Ah well.

I've also got a bunch saved up in my 401k but I really don't want to touch that at all for this.

not caring here posted:

Is that to say that the VA loan program lets you roll in closing costs, or you got the seller to cover them?

wondering this too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Looks like an unauthorized Wheel of Time pilot aired on FXX during the infomercial period last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this looks lame as gently caress, i thought wheel of time was about medieval sword and sworcery poo poo like game of thrones, not some fags in puffy shirts chatting in a mansion

this was unauthorized by the family of the author so that would probably explain it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pretty sure my toilet pipes almost froze last night, with the -25 windchill. Took a leak at 4 am and the flush was not very strong, and i heard a weird bubbling noise.

Turned the heat up and flushed some hot water down, which seemed to clear it up. I really should turn the heat up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the fiesta st is pretty rad

if i were shorter i would be all about it. i can barely fit my 6'5" self into my wife's fiesta though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is Brooklyn Nine-Nine worth watching at all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I got a tattoo with my tax return. Thanx Obama. Now I can be cool

Edit ?????

did you get more goku

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

can burning jet fuel melt robocop

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

7 years in a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i started going grey and my beard started looking hella bad so i trimmed it down :(

• Locked thread