Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I voted "boo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Darrell Bevell decided that trust Ricardo Lockette with the ball was better than giving it to Lynch. :psyduck:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

triple sulk posted:

The Seahawks and Pete Carroll are loving filth as evidenced by that brawl at the end, gently caress them. They got their own bullshit and the end result owned IMO.

It takes two to tango bub. Clearly the thuggish Patriots are giving physical form to the worst South Boston culture.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
:lol: Sherman's son will only know him as a failure.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I genuinely enjoyed the game and am ok with the ending because it was hard fought tbh

Word. This was a real bummer of a loss, but at least we played one of the best Super Bowls in recent memory.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Two yard throw into a mess of people to a mediocre receiver.

Mediocre is generous when it comes to Lockette. He doesn't see the field much for a reason.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

davecrazy posted:

I feel physically ill and I don't have a dog in this fight. If I was a Seattle fan I think i'd try jumping off the space needle.

It's just a game, bro. Right now on Liveleak you can watch a video of two mexicans getting beheaded with a chainsaw over the Narco wars, that's worth feeling ill over.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I've had some time to think and I'm actually happy with the loss. Pete made the perfect call, forcing Russell into an interception. Honestly, considering how chummy they were at the end of the game i wouldn't be shocked if he leaked the play to Belichick personally. Now Wilson is responsible for the loss, driving down his cost dramatically over the offseason. I'll bet he takes a hollow hometown contract just like Kaepernick's. This gives us the cap space to keep the team going, not making even more sacrifices. I support making a short term sacrifice for a long term haul. We'll be back here next year, better than ever.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

rjmccall posted:

needs more obsessing about hyper-specific statlines. seahawks won the last meeting, loss now makes the team series 8-9 overall, next victory (in two years?) will be all the sweeter

poo poo. You're right. I'll go home, watch some tape on Kawalimus, and be back next year, better than ever.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

double dip posted:

were there any breakdowns in the gameday thread?

Around the fourth quarter my motor stopped running. I still can't get it started. :smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

like, one bad hit?

its more likely than you'd think.

Literally every player in the league is at risk of taking one bad hit. Wilson is better than most at avoiding them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

Shoutouts to AAC and Chich for generating all that negative karma for us, shoutouts to the Packer, Niner, Panther, and Cardinal fans for all the schadenfreude y'all must be feeling, y'all must have been laughing your asses off. Me, I'm gonna loving drown myself in bourbon cause we'll never make the Super Bowl again.

Karma doesn't work that way.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Lockette didn't even know that Butler was there. I think that's the biggest indictment aside from the play call because honestly..you could strategize that pass due to the time pressure...but homeboy didn't even know the corner was there.

That's a tough loss.

Great game though.

Lockette is a special teams ace and like other special teams aces (Devin Hester) should not be considered or relied on like a normal receiver. This was the kind of play that was perfect for a guy like Golden Tate, and I wonder if Bevell's frustration is in part due to losing the one receiver we had who really did fight for the ball.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Seahawks fans sprinting to blame the generals here.

I blame the NFL for not letting Avril play through his concussion. It's the Super Bowl, motherfuckers. What's he got to look forward to after this anyway? You think he wants to remember this game?

Imo the nfl owes the seahawks, cliff avril, america, and me, personally, an apology.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bellmaker posted:

N:

V: 18-1 :getin:

No... we were the Patriots the entire time! :negative:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

old dog child posted:

The Broncos are bringing the 90's back and you're all going to like it whether you want to or not

Dirty rear end o line play that ends up causing injury to a lot of good players? Yeah, sounds like a Kubiak run scheme.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Total side note. NFL Philosophy and some other stat guys are looking at Rg3's problems on twitter.

RG3 got sacked on this play:

:lol:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

vikingstrike posted:

This has been my main concern. Just doesn't seem like enough to identify what his contribution was to the Seahawks machine over the past few years.

Yeah, I'm a fan and I still have no clue. That said, Quinn was a really hot commodity this offseason, so I assume he killed it in all his interviews and had a great plan in place for what he would do with each team. He can still be a total flop, but I expect there was at least a few good reasons for why he was in demand.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NippleFloss posted:

I know Seattle fans hate Bevell, but he made a top 10 offense out of a group of nobody wide receivers and an offensive line that can't pass block. Seattle has very little talent on the offensive side of the ball, and could certainly do much worse than what they got this year.

Maybe we credit Wilson and Lynch for that and not Bevell? Notice you call our receivers nobodies. You know who was a nobody last season? Golden Tate, who loving killed it with Detroit this season. Bevell has created a fantastic ground game so far, though again I would argue Lynch and Wilson created it, but he is loving clueless with the passing game. Look how Harvin performed with us. The man couldn't think of a competent play for Harvin that wasn't a sweep or a screen. His football IQ doesn't extend more than five yards past the line of scrimmage.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

that interception was within 5 yards :smugdog:

Bevell! :argh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

Russel "Bevell's project" Wilson.

He wasn't a project. He was the most pro ready QB of the draft after Andrew Luck. He was an experiment.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NippleFloss posted:

Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse aren't secretly really good players being held back by Bevell, they are mediocre players playing at their level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never said they were good. I was just illustrating that the way the offense is run makes it difficult to evaluate receivers at all, because Bevell just doesn't use them very well.

Part of your argument rests on Stafford vs Wilson when it comes to Tate's performance with the Lions. Percy Harvin did a lot better with Jets, do you think Geno Smith and Michael Vick are better qbs than Wilson?

Bevell just isn't very good with the passing game. Maybe he's bad at the ground game as well, but he has the top workhorse rb in the country at the moment (not counting Peterson) and the most well rounded running QB in the game. He also benefits from a defense that can control games so that he doesn't need to learn how to orchestrate a passing attack.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

True and Real posted:

He isn't even overshadowing Joe Montana yet.

Who?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

A lot of rumors that miami is going to target michael Crabtree in free agency and likely are cutting mike Wallace and brian hartline.

How do you feel about this? I know that contract will definitely factor into your opinion, so let's assume he gets the top 10 contract he probably wants.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

no he will be a patriot and end up a top 5 wr because there is no god

:lol: why would Bill overpay Smith when he can sign scrappy WR Brian Walters from Seattle and turn him into a 100 catch 1000 yard slot menace?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mister Fister posted:

No way the Pats could afford a top tier receiver. I bet Bill goes after a scrappy white receiver on the relative cheap like Hartline though if/when the Dolphins do release him.

Chichevache posted:

:lol: why would Bill overpay Smith when he can sign scrappy WR Brian Walters from Seattle and turn him into a 100 catch 1000 yard slot menace?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Man kisses family member after big win, goon confused at emotional showing

Not every culture goes in for kissing your children on the lips, dude.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

effectual posted:

The only good use of that sherman face.

If you didn't like the Sherman Simpsons mashup then :fuckoff:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keith Atherton posted:

Will someone kindly explain this smilie for me? I saw it in FYAD too

I'm not sure. Go ask in FYAD.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

I hope they figure out a way to use Dri. It seems beyond Haley's mental capacity to use him for something more productive than a run off tackle or some sort of lame unprotected screen where he gets blown up immediately. Call me crazy, but the dude has 4,26 speed -- just run him on a go route 10x per game. If nothing else, all it takes is one completion for 50 yards and then it opens up a world of possibilties bc it will force defenses to finally respect his speed.

This is like a copy paste of Seahawks Harvin issues.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

old dog child posted:

Didn't you get the memo? Brock is the next Flacco! !!!!!!!!!!111

Your teen vamp qb is going to burst into flame under the bright lights of the NFL. Welcome to hell, bloodsuckers.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm still real happy the Seahawks had their hearts ripped out. It felt real good to watch.

Dude, my team just won a super bowl and came a play away from repeating. This season ruled. And we are looking like king poo poo of the NFC mountain again next year too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Homestar Runner posted:

Surely you jest

Why would I be? Surely you don't get so emotionally invested in a bunch of steroid freaks working for a billionaire company in a concussion factory that you're upset when the ones wearing your color lose? I watch football for one thing, entertainment. Yeah, I wanted the Hawks to win, but most of all I wanted them to be entertaining. I got my wish.

Also for everyone going on about us being lucky that Arizona fell apart, Arizona had a lot of luck too, and they lose a lot of pieces next year while Palmer just gets older. The Seahawks core is intact.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

If a Super Bowl loss doesn't ruin your week you're a liar and have no competitive spirit.

Competitive spirit? Not every "12" thinks he actually plays on the teAm, dude. Is that how you felt Sunday? Like you were competing? Man, you're basically watching Game of Thrones, but with a little personal investment and a lot uglier actors. If you let a tv show ruin your week then you're a weirdo.

Probably Magic posted:

Why should Chiche be so emotionally damaged for our entertainment as to taint his entire view of a season over one game? Honestly, the more crushing loss for a fanbase would be the Pats losing, three champs notwithstanding, since it would've been an entire backslide for the second half of Tom's career. Meanwhile, Seattle very well could win it again next year. I'm more weirded out by Seattle fans who are acting like the sky is falling. It's a tough loss, but it's not like their window has closed by a long stretch.

Pretty much. This wasn't "my" franchise giving one last gasp before failing to obtain their first super bowl. They just won. They're still competitive. They'll be competitive for the near future. The only thing that really has me bummed right now is going from 100% to 0 football in one game. I don't know how I'm going to make it the next 8 months.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 4, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

If you concentrate really hard, you can almost convince yourself that the episode ended right after this frame:

:golfclap: Though if I'm being perfectly honest I view us more as the Starks, because we are cool like that.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

It's not like I'm going to do something stupid over a loss but I fundamentally don't understand watching a team for your entire life and not having an emotional investment. It makes the wins a lot better and the losses a lot worse. It's sports. Its how everyone in the world treats sports. Really I just wanted to give you poo poo but it's for sure not weird to have a super bowl loss ruin your week or whatever. It's what makes sport so awesome as fans as long as you aren't a Mets Jets Knicks fan

Everyone in the world does a lot of things for a lot of reasons. That's not a compelling reason for me to want to watch sports the way they do. The only reason you don't think it is weird as gently caress to let your mood be determined by a bunch of estranged millionaires is because you and everyone you know are already invested in it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

^^^ :staredog:

I might catch some grief for saying this but if you let sports dictate your overall mood you very likely have other issues.

If you catch grief over that then the person throwing it has some real self-esteem issues.

old dog child posted:

I diversified my sports teams. Lakers, Broncos, A's, and FC Everton. I can't go wrong!

Go A's! (I wish baseball was entertaining somewhere besides the radio.)

Ozu posted:

Someone's trying to get on her level, cunts.

This new trend is going to be hilarious until some goon recognises his ex. Then it's going to be even more hilarious.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Josh Lyman posted:

So everyone decided to root for rear end in a top hat behavior?

Everyone else rooted for Edelman because that one dude was being stupid. (Edelman isn't at fault for loving her, she's at fault for cheating)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

go minitron

That explains why she's still awake and he isn't.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

at least he is not cucking his QB

Why do you hate fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Trying a bit too hard to out "don't care" each other.

Wait, our team made it to the Super bowl and lost, so we are supposed to be totally distraught and inconsolable for a week? If that's the case, why haven't you killed yourself yet?

• Locked thread