Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
When my bitchcoins make me enough money to purchase a golf resort in the driest part of Arizona

Then all you lieberals will be extra sorry you laughed at my funny money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Who is Ann Rand is she hot

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

The creation of Ayn Rand represents the Soviet Union's greatest crime and for that they deserve to be wiped off the map with a nuclear moist towelette.

Or

The Soviet Union created the perfect embodiment of capitalism and launched it at its greatest enemy like some kind of biological kindness destroying weapon that seems to be working.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i thought she was really funny and good in snowpiercer

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i thought it was funny that even in her own book she made the non-geniuses who actually befriend the genius capitalists (dagny's assistant, that evil guy's wife, etc) die off for not being smart enough and none of the heroes give two shits

like i know you have to be basically retarded to be a libertarian but even in the book written by ayn rand for libertarians to jerk off to if you're not one of the ten smartest people in the world you're probably going to die and you completely deserve it, even if you agree with her

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i also enjoyed the fact that every good/smart person is a statuesque aryan ubermensch and every bad person is an ugly bloated monster when she herself appears to some kind of goblin :raise:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i read atlas shrugged cover to cover once because cmon, its a major work regardless of anyones opinion, and i found it tedious and very railroadish pardon the pun

neuromancer makes a much better case for capitalism imo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

we the living owns

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i do agree with her re copyrights or trademarks or whatever tho

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also fountainhead is much superior to atlas shrugged

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
fyi if u want to read one of these books the organization that does the hilariously hypocritical thing of giving free copies to teachers also will give free copies to "homeschool teachers" wout any kind of validation whatsoever. its how i got copies of all of them

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

fyi if u want to read one of these books the organization that does the hilariously hypocritical thing of giving free copies to teachers also will give free copies to "homeschool teachers" wout any kind of validation whatsoever. its how i got copies of all of them

fun story the university i went to got a big donation from an insurance company with the stipulation that theyd teach a class with atlas shrugged as the primary text

in reality it was mainly about ethics and different kinds of externalities. it was cool

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
No one who has graduated high school can truly appreciate Ayn Rand's books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Best thing about Neuromancer is that you can read it on google books but not all at once.

• Locked thread