Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Regnevelc posted:

Rafterty is awful. gently caress.

Raferty owns and is one of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet.

Also, gently caress a sooner. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I turned the game off because gently caress this noise. Goddamn Big XII officials are terrible.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress baylor and their sanctimonious rear end in a top hat coach, that is all

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah.

LeVert done for the year, Walton probably done for the year.

Granted, we were at full strength when we lost to NJIT and EMU, but this crop of freshman took longer to grab the system.

Has John given up on anyone yet? That was one of only two of my real criticisms of him when he was here. He just straight gave up on kids if they didn't fit his mold. (Not that other coaches don't do this, I just noticed is glaringly with him.)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Man, Dev Williams isn't 100% (he sat the OU game) and that sucks.

I am pretty sure we're going to lose this game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The BIg XII is so bad with officials.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

jesus WVU

we played like rear end, but the officials are absolutelu awful

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

yeah can wvu cheat anymore, dumb cheaters, at least you have a big fat coach wearing a snuggie and named huggie this is poo poo its like watching vcu play, hows it feel to have your undefeated champiuonship season go down the drain oh wait i wont bet on a 16 point baylor lead thats for sure but baylor bitch baylor bitch

you have weird, dumb opinions. but enjoy your sanctimonious head coach and your exit in the first round, because lol

rico gather's move to the basket is a chicken wing

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i don't like, but don't mind when officials call it tight as long as they do it both ways. the last two games have just been hilariously lopsided.

rico gathers throws his body all over a wvu player, no call

wvu looks at a dude, that's a foulin'

--

whatever though, we're still going to make the ncaa and i think we'll be a dangerous team on the quick turnaround

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

you have a dude named billy dee williams

and it legit owns

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Announcers in this Baylor WVU game won't stop talking about Kansas. That has to be annoying as a WVU fan.

None of them are still watching this snuff film. Alsso, we can respect Kansas.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah, I am really unimpressed by Baylor. They have some good shooters, but so much of what they do seems to be predicated on getting the whistle. (This has been true very time I've watched them.)

Also I don't know why Isaiah Austin is dressed up like he's still a basketball player and allowed to do shoot arounds.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

theyve been a lot better since their 3pt% and ft% have gone up. they were real bad at both for nonconference and early conferency play. their rebounding and defense has always been pretty good, we'll see. i just wish we had that kansas win but we can still beat em away i guess

It's a lot easier to get shots when you get away with contact.

I mean I knew Baylor was going to be trouble for us. They're long and can gently caress the press in the same way Texas did (they remind me a lot of Texas); add to that our effort isn't there and it wasn't like this was a surprise for me, I just loathe Scott Drew and also how woefully inconsistent the officiating in this conference is.

Like the Big East was like a loving Prison League, but you generally knew that they were going to let the game get physical and let a lot of poo poo go. Like just stupid poo poo. I watch a lot of basketball and I haven't seen three 3*second calls all loving season, and they called three against us in 3 minutes? Eat a goddamn dick.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress a Lady Jayhawk.

That is all.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I am watching the sport of basketball being set back a few decades, as WVU leads Kansas 27-15 in women's basketball.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Better than Northwestern men's basketball though.

I am honestly not sure.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

geaux tigers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I got bumped for some greasy neckbeard they paid mileage for tonight's game, so I am gonna actually get to watch.

gently caress a Wildcat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Matey posted:

Were they trying to distract Nino Williams shooting free throws by chanting "Nino"?

Prolly.

The press looks like hot garbage, but we're shooting better.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

If the Big XII wants to be a real conference, its time they get actual officials. Inconsistency crew to crew and within crews is astounding and bad for the game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:allears: with this crew.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That escalated quickly.

K State down to just two timeouts for the rest of the game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

I think that's just a college basketball problem in general.

It's more pronounced in the Big XII than it ever was in the Big East. Like, part of the problem is you have officials who aren't used to teams/games and so its hard for them to know how things work and even harder for players. The Big East was bad, but at least we knew what to expect with each crew and they knew the players, coaches and teams well. I'm also continually amused at how much more physical the Big East was and laugh at how most of the Big XII teams wouldn't have been able to survive it.

If I ruled the world, the major changes I would make to officiating would be setting a cap on how many games they can work in a week and mandating that each conference have its own crews.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Game related: Nino Williams is very good and I love Gipson, but Foster makes such a difference.

I personally really like Bruce (full disclosure: former Illinois assistant Gary Nottingham is a longtime family friend.) I just don't think he's going to ever turn the corner at K State.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

You sure bitch a lot about how your team isn't consistently allowed to foul the hell out of everyone.

I prefer basketball to be played the way it was meant to be played, :shrug:

Sorry that your babybitch league conference thinks basketball should be a free throw contest.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

But let me illustrate my larger point about the consistency issues, right there.

Gipson has held on virtually every runnout that has happened near him, and the finally call it 30 minutes into the game. How's he supposed to adapt to them suddenly calling something he's done all game?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The refs basically called the second half for WVU.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Matey posted:

Agree with a lot of that. I'm indifferent on Weber, mainly because I don't know or care to know his whole history and why he is so hated on these here SA forums. But he definitely is no Frank Martin, even if Frank Martin wasn't a great coach.

Mostly just the Illini posters and big ten b.s..

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

It's better to be a great recruiter than a great coach at K-State. If you are a good coach and a bad recruiter like Weber you're never going to get the guys you need.

Because

Yeah. I mean I think you could get a guy like Beilein there who can win without a lot of great talent, like he did here. I just doublethink bruce is a good enough XO guy to do that.
goodneb

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

We're allergic to success.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Matey posted:

Oh wow, K-State down 1. what?

We thought the game was over.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Who wants this game less?

Trucking to the NIT

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Matey posted:

just can't mess with PRESS VIRGINIA and their diabetic head coach

I am glad you learned your lesson. :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress A Cyclone, that is all.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I guess this pace suits us better, but man I'd like to get this win so people will shut up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Benne posted:

West Virginia has a dude named BillyDee Williams. Why am I supposed to hate them again?

:smug:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Big 12 officiating taking over this one. Cool, cool.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Ross posted:

This game has had some bizarre calls so far.

More than 50% have probably been in ISU's favor so I will refrain from further comment.

Yeah,it's mostly dumb shut too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The thing is they made three early bad calls against us at the start of the half that more or less handed ISU the momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

Monster blocks by McKay.

Yeah, and if that had been us it would have been a foul.

• Locked thread