Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas letting SCAR go on the most lethargic 8 - 2 run I've ever seen in my life. If both teams break 30 I'll be amazed

E: Ark shooting 25%, SCAR 31%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RumbleFish posted:

Gamecocks are performing exactly as you'd expect with 8 scholarship players on the road against an NCAA-caliber team. Sigh.

Looked fine until Thornwell picked up his third, all went downhill from there

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ross posted:

Are you certain of this?

There may not be guys who are assigned to only do Big 12 games and nothing else but I feel like it's the same group of guys doing most of the games, from radio broadcasts, box scores with the refs listed, things of that nature.

The first part is what he was getting at: that there isn't just a group that exist only to do <conference> games like in football.

So far, there are 13 referees who have done at least five Big 12 games. Meanwhile, everyone's favorite referee Ted Valentine has worked in 8 different conferences this season (for conference games, anyway; that list doesn't include non-conference to try to avoid the double counting that would happen I imagine). Fun fact: In TV's 61 games worked this season, his crews are averaging the least fouls called in college basketball right now at 31.7 per game.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 6, 2015

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas up 30 - 9 on Mississippi State at half time. State are literally shooting 10%.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refs have called like 21 fouls in 12 minutes in Arkansas Auburn. Kentucky LSU had 28.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was there a double T? Saw both teams shoot but had it muted for a minute.

Single. Arkansas player got fouled shooting but then threw an elbow cause he's kind of a punk, so we shot our two then yall got your shots and ball.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

We put in Keaton Miles, #55, a guy who rarely plays, in because of all the foul trouble. He promptly picked up three fouls in two minutes

E: THEN HE DUNKED

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

And hour and fifteen minutes, and 31 fouls later, it's halftime. 58-47 Arkansas lead

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Double Ts now. There is no way someone doesn't foul out or get ejected from this, surely.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

elentar posted:

So that'd be the Georgia that is Kentucky's single hardest remaining scheduled game.

Reminder that Arkansas is ranked :colbert:

Well at least until we lose to Ole Miss tonight. Travelled all the way to Oxford to watch the bloodbath.

E: this NC state Louisville game has been fun, upset alert is firmly on

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 14, 2015

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

elentar posted:

there is the small matter of the Arkansas game being in Lexington

A much worse Arkansas team won there last year. Kentucky will beat is but I think we will give them a much bigger scare than UGA

NC state did it, up 10 with 30 seconds left :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't think Florida even got that off in time

They didn't haha

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ole Miss the only team to have shot any free throws at half time despite Portis constantly getting mugged

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas just stole one in Oxford and my heart might have exploded in the process

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Catholic Hooker posted:

One month until the tourney. Can it be March now? :ohdear:

We're goin dancin this year :woop:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RumbleFish posted:

Suck a dick, Georgia. Season sweep, motherfucker, and hopefully it ruined their NCAA tournament chances.

They will get in the tournament after they beat Kentuhahahahaha

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RumbleFish posted:

I seriously can't find another loss on Kentucky's schedule. Some SC fans were melting down about how they blew us out a week ago, but talk about missing the forest for the trees. We were the 10th (TENTH) opponent UK has held under 30% shooting. We ain't great, but maybe chill on wanting to burn our program to the ground and salt the earth.

Kentucky isn't losing til tourney time. Arkansas has the best chance but there's no way we are winning in Rupp two years in a row. The other games are Auburn and Miss State, who are both bad; Florida who is not great; and Georgia, who just lost back to back home games to yall and Auburn. SEC is not very good at basketball.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

kittenmittons posted:

kentucky will go undefeated and lose in the first round and it will be awesome. embrace that poo poo

They can cancel basketball forever IMO if that happens because there will be no greater moment in the sports future

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RumbleFish posted:

I actually think the SEC is pretty good this year, especially relative to years past. Even the bad teams have been able to score some nice wins.

Yeah, I started to edit the end but just left it. For a while it was lookin like it was gonna be a five or six tournament team conference. Average play has been a lot better this year compared to years past. Kentucky rolling everyone helps disguise that, though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I really don't want to lose tonight but dropping this game would absolutely be the most Razorback thing. :ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas starting to take control, most exciting thing though was the kid from the student section making a nice rainbow shot from half court to win $5000

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:psyduck: how did UNC not win in regulation?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thoguh posted:

I don't know if ISU has shot this well from 3 a single other game all season.

Yall were pretty deadly beyond the arc against Arkansas

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas shooting 27% to States 57%. Luckily they are bad so only down 2 but good lord we need to start hitting some shots

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

St Mary's up 30 - 15 on Zaga early. Long way to go but I'm still hopin upset.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Zaga starts second half with 7-0 run. Still down 4 but the dream might be dead.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Zaga out scoring St Mary's 10 - 2 at the first media timeout of the second half. Ughhhh.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mini 6-0 run for St Mary's, have a 7 point lead at the U12.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Still amazes me how bad centers are at shooting free throws. I will never understand that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Zaga on an 8-0 run and its a 1 point game just before the U4. St Mary's been more interested in running the clock down over last few minutes and Zaga has woken up. :ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Zaga took the lead for the first time but St Mary's answered with a 3. U4 timeout, Gaels by 2.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

St Mary's got way more concerned about running the clock in the second half than getting quality points and it cost them. Should have gone to bed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But there's no way Gonzaga is actually the third best team in the country right? This is like the fourth time I've seen them play and they have struggled against bad teams and found a way to win every time. Really feel like the Florida State of Basketball to my admittedly untrained eye.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I hope "Lose badly to Alabama" Texas A&M shows up tonight, not the "Take Kentucky to 2OT" version. Gotta honor Nolan the right way.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

uncurable mlady posted:

feelin' bad for a&m here

Arkansas came to play for Nolan

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hogs up 49 26 at half. Good, good.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cauley-Stein with an airball and travel since I tuned in. Can't wait for him to dunk all over all 5 Miss St players, then I will cry about Saturday now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

30 minutes til Arkansas/Kentucky tips off, and I'm nervous :ohdear: logically, with Kentucky being a 15.5 point favorite I shouldn't feel anything about it because there's no way we're winning, but I've said that about every time we've played Kentucky that I can think of and yet here we are on a 3 game winning streak against them. Just don't want to get embarrassed I suppose

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Glad to see that a) Beard is going to get mauled underneath with nothing called like in every other game and b) that Mike Anderson doesn't know when to call a timeout like every other game :cripes:

That block was very nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Portis and Harris, neither of whom are particularly good three point shooters, have decided today is the day they want to shoot 3s. And now a foul called on Beard. He has more fouls called against him than any small guy I've ever seen.

Thank god there was a media timeout because Anderson sure doesn't know what one looks like.

• Locked thread