Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ryan Rosburg just airballed a hook like 2 feet from the basket. The next time down the floor he heroically saved a ball going out of bounds to a Bama guy.

It's really amazing how bad he is while still being kind of important for Mizzou. Well kind of important because he's sort of big. And kind of not important at all because what matters for this team this year anyway?

e: After a time out he hit a layup. Go Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Iowa State looks a little better early than they did the first time against Tech.

I'd completely forgotten Tubby Smith was at Texas Tech, are they really young or has he not had enough time to put anything together or what? Not that I'd expect him to be great or anything, but being a little better than they look this year seems like something Tubby could do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy poo poo go Pokes.

Probably Magic posted:

You're still not winning the conference.

Kansas is never losing the conference again, we all know that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lessail posted:

lmao the radio guys are gonna blame the refs for this loss

I remember vaguely kicking around the idea of Dave Rice (who wouldn't have been interested I'm sure) at Mizzou during that horrible coaching search/horrible hire. Do you think this is just a down year or part of a trend? I noticed they've been a little worse each year he's been there but I don't know a thing about the program past old Tark stuff.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lessail posted:

I think it is part of a trend, but he avoided the total meltdown this year so he's back next year.

Ah that sucks, I can't remember what it is I liked about Rice but there was something that made me think he might be good.

And now it's time to get swept by A&M on the season. In basketball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's amazing how bad Missouri is. They're going to end up the worst team Mizzou has had since Norm's first couple of years in the loving '60s.

They won't match 3-22 Bob Vanatta though!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

How many more years does Anderson get, especially with a new AD? I honestly cannot see him pulling in recruiting that is anything more than mediocre (and even that is being generous).

Three years bare minimum--two after this one--unless they hire someone super impatient (which would probably be bad if we're honest), four would probably be fair because good old Frank Haith left him nothing at all to work with. The...good? news is he seems to recognize he's not much at recruiting so maybe Fuller and Fulford can keep some kids coming in. At least I hope Fulford has some connections, he coached a lot of ridiculous guys in high school before he came to Missouri. I mean it almost certainly won't work out but you don't want to be the school who fires someone after two years when they never had a chance.

Still, this poo poo is painful and I'd hoped they might improve in some fashion as the season went along instead of tanking.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Big 12 seems like it'll have a ton of 3-5 seeds this year. With Kansas as a 1 or 2 of course.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
SECN on South Carolina/Mizzou "these two teams are much better than their record indicates."

Not really, definitely not with Missouri.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also there are three players suspended for Missouri tonight, one for not having a good attitude towards his terrible teammates or coaches and the other two for reasons I don't know.

Run those recruits off Kim.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross posted:

Quinn Snyder was coach the last time I payed attention to Missouri.

That fucker Clarence Gilbert used to light the Cyclones up without fail.

Gilbert was streaky as hell but when he was on he's just throw up crap every time down the floor and it'd go in.

I'd imagine even from a neutral standpoint the first year Frank Haith of all people was at Mizzou they were a really fun team. Then North Dakota State happened. Then the rest of Frank Haith happened. And here we are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oops, yeah. North Dakota State isn't good for Big 12 football teams and for some reason my brain put them in...

Because seriously. Norfolk State? Who loses to Norfolk State?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
RIP Wes Clark's season, apparently dislocated his elbow badly. Or broke his arm maybe, who knows?

SECN refusing to show the replay so I guess it was pretty ugly.

e: Also I think Mizzou is about down to walk ons at guard with all the suspensions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So I went back and watched the Clark injury, it was one of those full on arm below the elbow looks like it was put on backwards things. With a lot of screaming :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

Feel bad for the Mizzou dude whose arm exploded, though.

Yeah I was approaching that from an 'oh well, an injury to one of the better players on a bad team' at first but when I went back and watched it I just hope it's something where everything will eventually work again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That call was ridiculously late to the point where I thought it was something that happened on the rebound.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

It's better to be a great recruiter than a great coach at K-State. If you are a good coach and a bad recruiter like Weber you're never going to get the guys you need.

Because

Honestly they have a pretty impressive history considering...well all of that. I guess maybe it mattered a little less back in the day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who wants this game less?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

It shouldn't of been close. Michigan had 8 scholarship players and played two walk-ons in the first half.

If you should have lost that game then that's awful.

I wish I cared enough to use the 'we're so goddamned bad you should be embarrassed' defense.

Of course I'd have to use it on South Carolina or LSU and that's just depressing.

e: Oh poo poo I could have used it on Illinois too come to think of it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 13, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gee I wish this Cincinnati/Tulane game would hurry up and get over so I can watch....Missouri/Mississippi State?

My god what am I doing with my life?

e: If anyone cares Cinci/Tulane is tied with 27 seconds left.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my loving god, that was actually worth watching. Tulane with a buzzer beater after giving Cincinnati the lead with 4 seconds left.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Getting blown out by Clanga at home might be a new low even for this Mizzou team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The guy on the halftime report is a moron who clearly doesn't know anything about the teams he's supposed to talk about.

Didn't complain about Big 12 refs enough?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You guys seem fine?

I only turned it on a few minutes ago admittedly so if something has changed other than being down a few points I wouldn't know.

e: I take it back after 8 attempts at points on one possession ending with a foul on WVU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's too weak to move the other guy with his elbow so no foul.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy poo poo. Rush that cout.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I gotta admit that I like WVU singing Country Roads. As long as it isn't against my team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Man, Perry Ellis really choked on that layup

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing, he should have hit that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OctoberBlues posted:

Albany looking like they're going to lose their first America East game, at home against Stony Brook.

You know I didn't really believe you about driving hundreds of miles to watch bad basketball teams until now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

I actually think the SEC is pretty good this year, especially relative to years past. Even the bad teams have been able to score some nice wins.

Not all the bad teams. I guess LSU is the closest thing for Missouri, and of course it was one of the few games I didn't watch this year.

gently caress a Razorback but gently caress Mizzou more since there's about 0 chance they win tonight.

e: I guess Valpo's sort of alright too, but LSU's gotta be the best win by a mile.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 19, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It has to be a positive for Kim Anderson and Mizzou that they keep losing, is that what I just heard?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did Vandy change their uniforms or is this normal for them? I kind of like them, it'll be nice to lose to this team horribly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Holy poo poo Mizzou is for real not winning another game this year.

They play Auburn or someone at home who they might have a slight chance against but yeah, probably not.

e: Yeah Auburn in the second to last game of the regular season is the only hope.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Vandy should wear those uniforms more often is pretty much all I think about that game. If you're going to go neon yellow it works better as the secondary color to something like gray.

Or black. Just saying. Baylor.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Orders came down for these refs at half in Lawrence. I say while barely paying attention to this game but there's no evening up fouls going on here at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross posted:

You're not showing much confidence in your team by waiting until the game is over to make your :smug: post.

Kansas fans have gotten lazy and it's understandable. I blame everyone who ever played in the Big 12 without leaving. That and Colorado.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OctoberBlues posted:

Are you really going to let Iowa State win the Big XII?

Big 12 teams are occasionally allowed to share the title with Kansas, so it's possible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well it's a lot easier to do it at home than on the road.

poo poo if Lockett's available at the bottom of the second I'll be mad, mainly because that means KC passed on him in the second.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ooh Missouri's bad enough that even this Florida team might have some garbage time. Want to see the kid with one arm play.

...and a chance to be a piece of history by being Billy Donovan's 500th win? What a night!

God I hate this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Florida is losing to Mizzou lmao

Namon Wright is having the game of his life so far. Or he's amazing and has been dogging it all season and Kim Anderson's fine coaching is bringing out his talent. One or the other.

Weird call just now, pass attempt goes in the basket but there's a foul called on the guy guarding who the pass was supposed to go to. Foul came after the pass was released but still counted instead of the basket because it wasn't a shot.

• Locked thread