Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Did you know that Fred Hoiberg previously had experience in the front office for the Minnesota Timberwolves, thus making his portfolio to the NBA more attractive than your average schlub? And his buyout is lower if he takes an NBA job?

Anyway, just some things to think about this evening. The more you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hell, I like him, but gently caress a Cyclone.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

bearic posted:

This KU-ISU game is crazy good so far

Self may have noticed that the KU offense runs 1000x smoother with Greene in and he gives the team crazy good spacing (he's like 12/14 or 13/15 for 3 in Big 12 player!!!), opening up the inside game. But I'm sure he'll keep playing him 15 minutes a game.

Green isn't as good a defender as Seldan and not as athletic as Oubre, so I can understand why he's not necessarily starting, but the team gets stuffed in the post so much that they have to have some kind of perimeter shooting if they want to stick around.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Alexander has been the dumbest motherfucker this game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I had a huge feeling of dread those first five minutes, I was preparing myself to go numb. Glad this game doesn't seem to be going there for the time being.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jastiger posted:

If they were playing like this 5 minutes ago, it'd be a 5 point game

Second wind, I guess? Bigger question is, why the hell is KU trying to keep that fast pace up?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

and they protect Kansas

They do, though! Except against Texas. gently caress Texas.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Watching ESPN 3 so the outcome could be decided by now, but Texas pretty close to losing at home against Oklahoma State.

Edit: That's loving shameful. This team was supposed to usurp KU out of the title, and they've lost four in a row.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 5, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Roargasm posted:

Putting the house on Florida tonight can't wait for tipoff

Enjoy homelessness.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd just like to throw in here a reaffirmation of my eternal hatred for Jeff Van Gundy.

Quarantine him to NBA games please, ESPN.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"But now this team believes," Mark Jackson says emphatically, and a little part of me dies.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

There is no universe where you haven't been complete and utter poo poo this game, Ellis.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Still a tech seems stupid. Yeah bad officiating

Also gently caress a Jayhawk.

You're still not winning the conference.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Why should Kansas?

Well, let's assume both teams win their home games automatically. ISU needs another Kansas loss to be in contention for the conference title.

Kansas Away Games:
@TT: Guaranteed win
@WVU: Toss-up, very possible loss
@Kansas State: Non-guaranteed win
@Oklahoma: Toss-up, probable win

ISU Away games:
@Oklahoma: Toss-up, probable win
@OSU: Toss-up, probable win
@Texas: Toss-up, considering Texas's slide, probable win
@Kansas State: Non-guaranteed win
@TCU: Non-guaranteed win

So Kansas has less road games in general, and one of them is against the worst team in the league that's probably going to be a revenge game. Also, when comping losses, losing to South Carolina and Texas Tech is worse than losing to Temple and Oklahoma State. Let's not pretend there's anyone other than KU/ISU contending for the top, and it looks like situation normal.

This hasn't been a great Kansas team, and they only play one good half a game and will get their poo poo kicked in come tourney time, but Texas playing like crap basically opened up the path to the title.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Wake-up call game. :tinfoil:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Earlier, SVG in the KU game wanted a loving open lob to be top 10 because he's a total goblin. That WCS dunk, though, that's how you end up on the highlight reel. Holy poo poo.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Wanna see Hoiberg get T'd up, that'd be the most adorable technical foul in history.

I feel like he got one in one of those Kansas games last year, and it was indeed adorable.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

KU is literally never ever going to lose this conference, I hope y'all have come to terms with that.

The prime occasion was last year, because they had two insanely legit players which of course sets up the reverse expectations, but they managed to power through it.

So... not for another few years, until some inevitable sanctions hit somehow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

On the plus side more time for them to reach their destiny as the first 1 seed to lose to a 16.

Oh, it's an inevitability.

But so is the fact that the year they actually don't win the conference is the year they win another championship.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am watching the sport of basketball being set back a few decades, as WVU leads Kansas 27-15 in women's basketball.

'Sup. Kansas is good at NCAAM and only NCAAM. Hope you had a good time.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

You can do it Texas Tech, you can beat Kansas, I believe in you

I hope Iowa loses in the first round.

Also, I hate this team. Seldan and Mason are cool, though. And Green.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This may be setting the faucet to overblast, but gently caress the Red Raiders.

Whoot.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Selden is turning into a real player. Also I love this team. It's different than anything we've had under Self, the best three point shooting team since I don't know when.

Yeah, that's the conundrum, that they're the best shooting team I've ever seen KU play, but they get their poo poo blocked and turn the ball over so bad that the games are always close. They do have their cold patches though, but it's nothing compared to last year.

Also, I was too quick to hate, because Jamari Traylor will always have a place in my heart.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

DEACS.

BITCH.

Mods, change the N/V thread title to this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

baylor unclutch baylor bitch gently caress clutch gay kansas kansas is the most unclutch and we out unclutched them just like we out unclutched mich state wer the most unclutch poo poo team of all time go baylor baylor bitch baylor bitch

Baylor bitching about Baylor Bitch ITT. :smuggo:

I had to watch this on a terrible, terrible stream. Living in ACC country sucks sometimes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

What game did you get? I didn't realize CBS showed different games in different parts of the country.

I did not either until I turn on CBS and get a promo (a loving promo) for Virginia-Wake Forest instead. And before you say, "Maybe they transitioned away," it wasn't listed in the channel menu previews.

Ah well, at least I got to hear the audio in between the video buffering.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

CBS Knew.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Kansas is only a 1 point favorite at West Virginia tomorrow night...

I believe it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas has done exactly 0% of anything well so far this game.

Take a vodka shot every time WVU gets an offensive rebound if you want a slow-mo reenactment of the Jonestown Massacre.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

You guys seem fine?

I only turned it on a few minutes ago admittedly so if something has changed other than being down a few points I wouldn't know.

West Virginia had a stretch where they had five straight offensive rebounds and grabbed a dozen turnovers, and they only got up by eleven, so yeah, WV is kinda screwed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

God loving dammit, I knew KU was gonna drop this one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Big East sucked and yearning for those olden days will earn you my judgment.

Seriously, the whole point of basketball is dunks, and if no one can ever make one because they're getting hacked down low, then that's bad officiating.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 18, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jack up a three instead of call a timeout and set up a two-point play? Brilliant, Yogi.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Ross posted:

Maybe TCU will win @ Kansas!

Maybe not.

Go Wolfpack, eke out a tourney appearance.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Ross posted:

You're not showing much confidence in your team by waiting until the game is over to make your :smug: post.

I got home thirty seconds before it ended.

So long enough to see Frank Mason looking pained which made me freak out for a sec.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

One good half, one bad half.

All loving season.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That team that lost to UK in the championship game was worse, more shallow team than this. That team that lost to Michigan wasn't as good as this year's. There's been depletion, but this team has found a way to keep games unreasonably close or flat out drop them with startling ease.

I know a million people would kill to root for a team as good as this KU one, but it's really frustrating to see this team consistently avoid consistency.

Musberger is a jiangshi and I hate him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

When KU goes down during the tournament, it will be at the hands of a 3-for-21 FG performance from Perry Ellis.

He actually had an okay game tonight, but I've still seen the future, without blur or haze.

Thoguh posted:

Look at this terrible opinion.

Storm all courts. Always.

No, because K-State deserves nothing, even if they did a very good job hitting contested 3s tonight.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Matey posted:

Seriously, of the few times in the past few years where K-State has stormed the court after beating KU, this is probably the most deserving one due to just how god awful K-State has been this year.

...godawful?

I mean, I haven't really had that impression (other than I think Weber sucks in general), but then I saw they'd lost to both TT and TCU so I guess you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's the second toughest conference in basketball for sure, and the only reason it isn't first is that the ACC went gung-ho stacking up all the good basketball programs because I guess they figured they were always going to suck at football spare Florida State. An objective I applaud.

Anything's up for grabs away, for sure. Though K-State should've been one of the easier match-ups. This KU team does need to get their poo poo together, though, that's a pretty bad streak of falling apart on defense at the end of games between WV and K-State.

I'd also argue that Tech is legit bad, but somehow has a magic blessing on their home court this season for some reason.

• Locked thread