Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies just signed Maicon Santos. Probably an impact sub sort of signing. I hear rumors that there are additional signings waiting on NASL paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

That was a fun game. The way they play is pretty dangerous when they give up possession midfield, but they handled it pretty well mostly. Set an attendance record for preseason games, too: almost 14,000 people. They're sitting at around 5,000 season ticket holders, too.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Pretty excited for the first Rowdies preseason game tonight.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies won 1-0 (a PK) against the Union!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Rowdies preseason training tour of Portugal, Feb. 26-March 8.

Rowdies have let Takuya Yamada go.

He'll probably end up in a coaching position. I figured this would happen after last season.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies beat Benfica's U20 3-1 this morning to go unbeaten so far in Portugal.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies lost to Sporting B 3-2, which isn't really bad at all. Boggs and Espinal keep scoring, so that's a good thing.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

New Rowdies kits:

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2015/04/01/rowdies-unveil-2015-nike-kits-at-season-kickoff-party

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

camoseven posted:

Hahaha what an awesome end to this game. I wish they would show a replay of that uncalled foul and all the arguing that must have happened. I love how the keeper immediately started sprinted upfield toward the ref after that goal was scored.

e: hahahahaha holy poo poo this loving ref is amazingly bad

Totally lost control at the end. Typical.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Diplomat posted:

The Rowdies are looking great, I'm bringing two buddies with me to Al Lang on the 11th. Can't wait.

I'll be there. Very excited! Need to get my season tickets this week.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Looks like the Rowdies will sell out. All GA tickets are gone. Only tickets left are in the Mob section, and they've opened those up to the public (with a warning that it's a standing section).

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

highme posted:

Also, I'm a big fan of Ralph's Mob. Spent some quality time with those folks when they played the Timbers in the USOC 2 years ago.

I was there! That was a great trip.

Tying Minnesota is not a bad result. Ref wasn't great. Still top of the table, though.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Well, that was certainly a game. We let Armada have possession in the first half, but then we finally realized we shouldn't do that. We were really lucky that they love short corners for some reason. I think they only took one normally.

Oh, and Matt Pickens coming and having the game of his life helped a lot, too.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

This is huge, but not immediately obvious if you don't know the backstory:

I think this explains the Rowdies recent pre-season tour of Portugal, and Rongen's talk about setting up a Rowdies youth academy overseas, ie, in Portugal.

Marcos was an original Rowdie in the front office in 1974, and later went on to found the USL.

This could end up being really interesting. I think it's a great move.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies won, so they're back in second place. Sellout crowd, too, I think. Nothing like a derby to get the fans out. Strikers had good away support.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

You got rained on I hear; fortunately not bad enough to cancel the game this time; if the Rowdies get their SSS built it better have a good roof for the fans at least. Rain in Florida is often sheets of water, not just drops. Can quickly make a playing surface unplayable. And that's not mentioning the threat of lightning.

Yeah, normally when Ft. Lauderdale comes up we get thunderstorms. This time it was just regular shower. We really need at least the stands to be fully covered. When it started, everyone moved under the overhangs.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Kartik Krishnaiyer came up to St. Pete from Ft. Lauderdale for the match, so naturally the rain followed him. He's like a rain storm god or something. :v:

I saw him walking around but didn't actually get to hang out with him. He's really great.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

CaptainYesterday posted:

Don't the Strikers cover the Miami area? I know Fort Lauderdale is a good 23 miles away, but the whole 'South Florida' concept includes that area. They were even called Miami FC in 2010!

The problem is Miami soccer supports in general do not want to drive to Ft. Lauderdale. They want a team of their own.

I think it's an interesting move, but I really wish they would get a West Coast team going.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

The Rowdies have partnered with Sao Paolo FC: http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2015/06/23/tampa-bay-rowdies-and-brazilian-powerhouse-so-paulo-fc-announce-international-partnership

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110...in?ICID=HP_BN_1

Sources: Freddy Adu leaves Finnish club to pursue options in MLS and NASL

Apparently he's close to signing with the Rowdies: https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/619652670559813633

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

And it's official! http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2015/07/14/rowdies-bolster-attack-with-signing-of-midfielderforward-freddy-adu

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Should've let me know you were around. It was a disappointing game for sure, though.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

:ohdear:

https://twitter.com/chrisfischer07/status/634595196668411904

Breaking: @TampaBayRowdies have fired GM Quraishi and HC Rongen

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

They're still in a playoff spot for gently caress's sake :psyduck:

There's rumors that the squad rebelled against Rongen, but I don't believe them. Edwards is mental.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies had three goals disallowed tonight. The first two were definitely not offside, the third I didn't see a replay for but I think it was correctly called. Terrible officiating. At least we won 2-0 in the end anyhow. Back in the playoff spots!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies have launched an NPSL team, Rowdies 2: http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2015/12/23/tampa-bay-rowdies-2-joins-the-national-premier-soccer-league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies GA season tickets are $230 and rise to $920 for the midfield reserved seats (where you can potentially sit right next to the bench). Ralph's Mob GA season tickets were only $180 last year.

• Locked thread