Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lightning Lord posted:

A flyer posted at Grand Prix Sacramento

Apparently he tweeted that he was going to be there, and judges intercepted him and kicked him out.

"I am JACE, the MIND SCULPTOR of standing next to a disinterested cosplayer!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Bongolesia

I had to go looking for context, and I found a wonderfully illuminating writeup of "Bongolesia":

This dude thinks he's funny, I think? posted:

International business in Bongolesia has picked up some with the development of the Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar Petrochemical Complex run by PETROCO, and the recent relocation of Perverticus Industries to Bongolesia.

He is not funny posted:

a currency system, (The "Bling-Bling")

DEFINITELY NOT RACIST posted:

The People and The Country as a whole

Bongolesia is set up to be a third world African Hell-Hole that the goverment has tricked the people (mostly) into believing that it's the best thing going since sliced bread. The people are generally uneducated and guillable, but also scheming and have perfected many ways to seperate a person from their money. Greed is paramount in Bongolesia as everything "has a price", and it's been a long unspoken tradition of The Bongolesian people to "Get what you can, when you can, and the mostest that you can, in the quickest that you can"...
This is reflected on the National Seal which has the National Motto (in latin) as:"Nos don't volo a succurro manus manus ; Nos iustus volo a manus manus - sicco." ("We don't want a helping hand, We just want a hand-out...")
The Bongolesian people are shown to be mostly greedy, wanting, and always "needy". They never seem to have enough, and are always out to get "more more more". Due to European Influence in the early 20th Century and UN and International Aid Programs, the concept of begging, and "getting something for nothing" has taken on a whole new level of meaning with the people of Bongolesia.
(This is meant as a satire and an ironice look at the failed programs in Africa over the last 40 years.)

I can't honestly tell what's worse, the racism or the awful attempts at "funny names."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

My first Synnibarr experience involved chargenning for ha-has and inadvertently creating an Immortal Born. I'm not sure actually playing the game could live up to that.

For some light grog, let's see what Raven c.s. McCracken has to say about new Synnibarr mechanics:

Cogency Mass! posted:

NEW change...
Previously we split effects up into damage types and effects... like a Ta'sets Dark Thunderbolt vs will-force. The thunderbolt does damage...which may reduce life points until the subject is dead...
Willforce now reduces the subject's COGENCY MASS until the subject is affected...
This "cogency mass" is a type of metaphysical life points...once removed or exceeded, the subject is affected...
Like life points..Cogency mass can now be healed, restored and increased...
This aspect of the new game is very important...
Everything is in duality. Shot/BA shot. Fate/BA fate.
Deeds vs Aims... Life points and cogency mass...
Both sides of the coin...

Cogency Mass is totally simple you guys posted:

Now for news on the SYNNIBARR front. As a game designer I have always pondered the differences between an effect that alters a subject's status... as opposed to simple damage...
Life points measure damage... but what measures how one is affected by say a...Will-force?
Primitive systems had us simply compairing "levels" which is a faulty, all encompassing, measure of a subject's prowess...one that is not only inaccurate, but static and lifeless...In this new version of SYNNIBARR, we now have Life points and Cogency Mass, a form of mystic life points with a catchier name... Damage reduces life points... Effects reduce cogency mass... simple clean and solid...0 ambiguity.

I really hope "pages" is a typo posted:

102,896 pages in the NOVEL to accompany Synnibarr... it's dark... it's epic and it's done!
Mage Warrior will accompany the release of the new Synnibarr Role playing game.
A total of 4 books...
That is all...

Yes, strive for relevance posted:

Game of Thrones: anyone who knows about SYNNIBARR may have noticed something familiar about the Show Open... yep! They are inside the globe, just like our worldship.
Thoughts...?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

It has a very "Darkseid is" ring to it.

Gnomes are born wherever gnomes are born.

Usually during winter.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Magic was made by Richard Garfield to have fun with his university friends many years ago. Wizards turned it into a business which is fine and understandable. Mark Rosewater came and turned it into a parasite where children don't have enough money to go bowling or take girls on dates cause they spend $50 on a single land so they can keep up with their friends decks.

I really want this guy to walk me back to the magical time when kids didn't have to spend big chunks of their income to craft competitive Magic decks. As a kid in the Revised era, I was spending frightening amounts of money to craft non-competitive decks!

drat you, entitled whippersnappers of the MaRo era, and your improved playtesting and balance! Back in my day, we bought boosters for sets that were mostly if not entirely unplayable garbage, and we LIKED it!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

how is babby space marine formed

how power armor get pragnent

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

quote:

Forgotten Realms more compelling without Drizzt and Dark Elves!

Correct! A Good Grogpost.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh, man, that Sundered World dude is supported by David Gonterman! The Gonts is such low-hanging fruit, but he produces such amazing content:

quote:

It's more related to my "Don't be a D!¢%" rule. There's already plenty of options, identities, and behaviors involved, and it's even open to LGBT areas. I just don't want the campaign derailed every half hour or so because your character is offended by anything. Or more importantly, regulary does things that drives the rest of the characters to want to kill him or her.

Example: A female PC cleric who was raped by a man as a child became vehemelently misandric, even to her own party members. She refused to help or even heal her male party members and instead prefered the company of the female party members. That alone will get me to allow PvP. But that didn't happen until she offered her ideals of destroying the whole male gender for her claim of a better world, and do it with a Charisma check that could get the Gods in her side.

The resulting primal screaming as they delivered attack after attack until they permakilled her was expected, and if you happen to be a male, understandable.

I would've called upon Ravenloft's 'Dark Powers' and make her into a Dark Lord long before that happened.

He's only just started in tabletop, but he's a goddamn natural grog.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

Gonterman now game's the elves? I love it when a classic reinvents itself.

He has a campaign bible up on G+ for a 5E campaign that's entirely about starting a magical amusement park in the Forgotten Realms, and you're the mascot workers, and also Five Nights at Freddy's is involved somehow? I may have to find appropriate excerpts from it, because it's a loving goldmine.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Man, Five Nights at Freddy's has to be like catnip to Gonterman.

He seems to want to do it with the animatronics as protagonists, because of course he does.

The Gonts introduces an example of his PBP posted:

I hope to keep things to just under 3K words when I really get good and going. I start with some articles from the local paper, add a tie in with other stories in the Realms (In this case the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic book and my own Baldur's Gate character, and just for $#!%s and Giggles, Hatsune Miku in a midevial outfit.

An excerpt posted:

“Yeah, too bad I missed all the fun.” The blue twin-tailed girl smiled. But her voice, as youthful as it can be, carried a psionic tone to it, which showed the wisdom and intelligence of someone who lived millennia. You didn’t hear that tone, but you felt it in your head. Almost as if the girl could look at the Florence and Coran—or anyone she’d talk to—and know every little detail about them, even the parts they themselves forgotten.

Ghaele can really do that.

Natasha doesn’t usually do it on purpose. But what just jumps from their brains to hers can be annoying, like Minsc’s ability to get a thought through his brain edgewise after all the concussions (sixty five at latest count) he had. Or the seventeen girlfriends Coran had before settling in with the Grand Inquisitor, which Natasha doubts Florence even knows about.

“It’s why I don’t usually hang out in public,” Natasha admits. “I try to cover my inner light so that it won’t enrapture everyone five miles—especially when I don’t want it to—but even with my control it sometimes slips out.”

(....)

“Very well, my dear, until then,” Coran said, taking Natasha’s hand and kissing it. He noted that the hand feels like it’s wearing a glove, even though it looks like a fine feminine hand with skin and fingernails, but he let it slide. “Maybe you can change into something more…feylike then.”

Natasha had to chuckle, especially when Florence was punching Coran’s shoulder. “I have a lot of masks in my collection, though you’ll know it’s me when I arrive in the scene.”

“Just like that bird on your head?” Florence said as she dragged Coran from his latest attempt of being a Don Juan.

That’s another problem Ghaeles get when they’re trying not to Ghaele: Their nature tends to attract little woodland creatures. Birds chirping around her; rabbits, squirrels, and the occasional fox scampering around her feet, flowers bloom at her presence, being able to brighten a room with just her smile; magical princess stuff that any girl in Faerun would sell their souls to have.

But when it happens when you don’t want it happening, it does get annoying.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I think it's just that the whole atmosphere of "okay, I clearly have an out-of-character issue that upsets me, but to avoid confrontation, I'll just be as adversarial as possible in my GMing style" is seriously passive-aggressive. If you distrust the people you're gaming with enough to go to elaborate ends to gently caress them over when you think they're cheating, why are you even playing with them?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Are there any games that actually use this "save point/save state" idea, or did someone make this up just to grog about it?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I kind of wonder what this dude thinks the role of the GM is/should be in the "all story is incidental" model of roleplaying. Is the GM the one person at the table allowed to actually create a plot, or is their obligation just to randomly generate terrain and encounters and roll dice for goblins until such time as a narrative maybe emerges? If it's the latter, I gotta say, reducing a person at the table to an Angband AI is way more video-gamey than save states could ever be.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Actually reading Knights of the Scarlet Woman/Knights of the Virgin for the first time really makes me want to write up another faction in the same style: the Order of St. Thomas of Finland, who support the right of young men to develop their strength and romantic spirits and don't give a crap about what women are doing one way or the other. The Order of St. Thomas recruits across all walks of life, from established peacekeepers to humble craftsmen and sailors, and are in fact renowned for their naval activities, as well as their extensive network of temples/self-improvement centers for young men who need to get themselves clean and have a good meal.

Their standard does not involve a well-favored, curiously attired paladin in a lustful embrace with a similarly well-favored trumpet archon. That would be crass.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Grognards.txt NEXT: letters to the editor of dweeb weekly

Also, this is what I'm getting out of that giant wad: "Forgotten Realms has been terrible ever since at least 2E, but something something storygames now it is THE BAD TERRIBLE."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I can understand preferring to only ever roll one or two dice -- everyone who ever played a dice-pool system past a certain power level probably has a horror story about that -- but the d20 is basically just a nerd fetish object at this point. It's just good ol' "consumer product as identity."

EDIT: What a lame page start! Here, have a short'n'sweet nugget about 4e FR:

quote:

I was waiting to see how Elminster would look with the 4e game rules, so I could tell if magic users were basically crap or good at higher levels. So instead of spec'ing Elminster, all Wizars does is 'explain' why he's a now based on the craptastic magic-using system in 4e rules?

ive been playing D&D since the Expert days in the late 70's. this is by FAR the worst incarnation of the gaming system ever conceived and published.

wizards has managed to kill D&D for me any for many of my old-school gamers.

oh, and please spare me the 'then just dont play 4e and play the older versions that youre happy with' argument

Rest in Piece D&D, right along side Gary himself. Im sure he is rolling in his grave.

D&D 4e: the worst game system ever because it didn't stat Elminster.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 3, 2015

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

frajaq posted:

Isn't Elminster basically a very powerful wizard? Make him a level 30 Wizard with some unique spells/items then

In 3e, Elminster was, bizarrely, a Fighter1/Rogue2/Cleric3/Wizard24/Archmage5. I'm sure if 4e had given him a sensible 30th-level wizard build, people would scream about UNVERISIMILTUDINOUSNESS.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Darwinism posted:

That spread is entirely because of the ridiculous books where Elminster starts out as a rebel fighting against the usurper of his crown, then becomes an urchin (and if the poo poo he does is level 2 Rogue stuff then drat), then becomes a transwoman priestess of Mystra to teach him a lesson (and he bangs Mystra right after she gives him his dick back IIRC), and then he learned that he's been fuckin really dumb up till now and goes full caster from then on

Why do I remember those dumb books

Oh, right, I knew it was some dumbshit "life experience!!" thing.

I don't think I ever read the FR book where Elminster is Sex Tiresias, and y'know, that's fine with me.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

poo poo, man, I wanna play with that guy who's firing viper-bearing crossbow bolts. That's pretty stupid, but it's the best kind of stupid.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Ewen Cluney posted:

In the actual books the characters tend to be pretty badass at every point in the story, and Elric is practically a Japanese light novel character. If someone showed up to a typical grog's game wanting to play an albino sorcerer/warrior/prince with a soul-eating magic sword they'd get booted out as a "special snowflake."
That's one of the things I love about these guys: they claim to be acolytes of Gygax, praised be His name, and to be following only in his Most Hallowed Traditions, but somehow they look at D&D's raft of adventurous fantasy sources with unique, distinctive, powerful heroic characters and decide that that's all "storygaming" and the obligation of the PCs is to be generic trap fodder. I guess it follows from being sufficiently ossified that now every trace of imagination is a sign of Storygame Swine. We will run the same lovely generic characters through the same lovely randomly-generated dungeons forever! We have always lived in the Tomb of Horrors!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

That amazing point-missing makes me want to read Frank Trollman reviews of the other adept schools. "I just don't get Mechanomancers! First of all, we don't even get a list of robots they can build -- how can I be a techno-magician without a huge gear list along with ingredients and construction costs? Also, they're all weird and gross and senile instead of sweet techno-gods? Why isn't this game letting me get my rad wizard on?!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I just skimmed that Pundit post, but oh my god is he really arguing Blue Rose is about fascism

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

alg posted:

In a world where slavery is rampant, guess what else is rampant. . .sexual slavery. Having mature themes, and gritty settings does a lot more to challenge your players than "it has Armor Class 25, and a Breath Weapon".

Oh, all my plots about maidens kidnapped for the sex trade and half-orcish rape babies? Those aren't lazy-rear end elfgame tropes, those are challenge. :smaug:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

NiciasTSOF posted:

I've had this guy or his spiritual cousin in my party. Note the part where he implicitly assumes that the DM will gently caress over the entire party if his AC isn't as twinked as possible.

To be fair, the DM did dump a cursed Sword of loving Over Your Playstyle And If You're Not Within 30 Feet Of It At All Times You Die +5 on him, and it kind of sounds like that wasn't a development based on mutual OOC interest in that kind of plot development. I'd be concerned about being hosed over, too. Of course, I'm sure nobody in that thread actually suggested "talk about it OOCly with the DM like a human being," so... yeah.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

This one confuses me. On the one hand, great! A paladin can be gay and sexually active! On the other hand ... Something about this bugs the poo poo out of me.

There's a lot of elusive weirdness here, but what pings my Weirdometer is a lengthy aside about childbearing and heterosexual courting in something allegedly about a gay character. Is this dude's paladin actually bi/Jailhouse Gay For Pelor, or does the dude not understand that a gay man isn't ever going to fall deeply in love with a woman and start a family, by, like, definition?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

FicusArt posted:

For me it's how men are never treated as attractive or desirable for the character. It's all about how having sex with men is the moral choice since women are out, or how it's the logical extreme of being cordial, and then he goes on to make a false binary choice of "I'm either naked in bed with a dude as a sign of respect and comraderie, OR we are fully armored and fighting to the death"

It's a calculated sexuality from beginning to end. "I need a hole for my dick, I have logically determined that men-holes are the correct choice" and not like "Dang dudes are hot. Just think of the close bonds a couple young men can have, out fighting for each other's lives. That's where real relationships start" or something like that.

Yeah, exactly -- that's what I was trying to get at with "Jailhouse Gay For Pelor." This character isn't gay, he just has sex with men apparently without being attracted to them because he thinks sex with women is inappropriate. It has the stench of wanting to make a gay character without actually empathizing with said character's sexuality because nobody really likes men, gaaaawd

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I know Reddit is cheating, but this is kind of delightful:

How to become a Tarrasque posted:

Step 1: Make yourself a Clone, hide it somewhere safe.
Step 2: Endanger the Tarrasque so that it will use up it's thing that lets it CHOOSE to succeed on saving throws. I don't know how you'd do this, but do it
Step 3: Once the tarrasque has used those up use True Polymorph to change it into a Githyanki Warrior (or any humanoid with low charisma). He does a wisdom saving throw (tarrasque has 11 wisdom so +0) with advantage.
Step 4: Cast Magic jar and switch bodies with him. He does a Charisma saving throw. You will be a Githyanki Warrior for 1 hour, after which you turn back into the Tarrasque. Magic jar lasts until the jar is broken. So pad it in a box and cover it in cement and throw it in the ocean. If it ever does break, if you are at least 100 feet from the jar you and the tarrasque die. Luckily you have a clone waiting for your soul somewhere safe.
Now you are a tarrasque. You retain your personality and alignment. If you ever die, you go back to being you again. No downside really :D

Good start, but it needs to be GRIMDARKER posted:

I'm picturing a scene where, as the caster is beginning to shunt into the gith-tarrasque it begins to chuckle and then bursts into mad maniacal laughter. As the tarrasque's soul leaves its body the caster senses something is horribly wrong. The magic jar was suppose to contain the creature's soul...but...how...is....
The soul coils and shutters, reforming and twisting in a shower of inky darkness and shards of crystal where the receptacle once was. The earth cracks and burns. A tall thin man dressed in robes black as the void steps forth from the forming crater, a shark-toothed smile forming on his pale gaunt face.
It whispers in abysaal, but you can feel it deep within your mind as well, like the grinding of rusted metal. "Ahhhhh, finally liberated of my tiny cage. A pantheon fell to keep me locked away so I shall let you live, little fool, as a reward for freeing me. Farewell." With a flick of its claw it tears a hole in space, leaps through and is gone.

quote:

Step 2: Hire a small army (50+, skilled hirelings are easily affordable) of mages. Cast a bunch of annoying save spells at it. Some will have to stick eventually. The Tarrasque should have no reason to NOT choose to succeed.
As long as your GM isn't a meta-gaming poopy face, they should have the Tarrasque use enough of it's legendary resistances that you have a shot with your tactic.

quote:

hahahaha, love it. If anyone wants their campaign's tarrasque to be less force of nature more evil mastermind, this is the way to do it. :P

quote:

It would be a great answer to "Hey...I thought it was just a godlike beast", then you explain this and your players realize the game can be very, very deep.

Yes. Very "deep."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The sad thing is that the Realm basically is a Terrestrial mass-breeding/eugenics enterprise, and one successful enough to largely maintain stability in Creation for centuries, and yet those guys still can't stand up to a handful of Solars. What could you possibly get out a few decades of a bottlenecked, accelerated version of that besides some broke-rear end Harlow's-monkey-style DBs who are probably less effective than the Celestial implementing the project just fighting on their own?

Then again, a guy stupid and/or venal enough to watch Fury Road and consider Furiosa the bad guy probably considers the rape camps a desirable end in and of themselves.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Lunars can have animal-people children by mating with mortals. Which is kind of a thing, half-god people turning out wrong is thematic to all sorts of Mythologies.

But people took that to the logical extreme and came up with hypothetical situations where Lunars set up 10,000 year breeding programs with multiple sires to create hypothetically optimal animal-men. Also lots of furry sex.

God, I hate that I remember this: Lunars (in 1E, at least?) specifically created beastmen by mating with mortals in animal form, or with animals in human form. The 1E Player's Guide broadened this concept to state that any (Celestial?) Exalted of Essence 4 and up could also conceive beastmen via sex with animals, in case your players were regretting missing all those juicy bestiality-related plot hooks because they didn't play Lunars, I guess?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"I am a dark deathknight of dark seductive darkness, and I crave the forbidden carnalities of mortal love. A cat is fine too."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

... the Aristocrats!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I dunno, maybe I'm the grognard here, but I actually agree with them? Girls in gamer spaces get enough weird attempts to pick them up via in-game stuff that I wouldn't be comfortable being approached that way even by a guy I liked. Just ask her out like you would any other girl. I also wouldn't want to be proposed to via game, but YMMV, I guess?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

With all due respect, this is the sort of thing that sounds way cuter if you haven't actually had it happen to you, multiple times, from dudes you're not even interested in. I can see how it sounds fun on paper, but in practice it's basically always incredibly awkward, way more awkward than just being asked out after a game session, or hostile-environment-making if you don't actually like him. I may be biased myself because I've had some bad experiences, and maybe other people have had better experiences, but seriously, having guys trying to express or work out feelings towards you in a hobby space where you're trying to just relax and enjoy is almost always awful.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 8, 2015

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I'm just imagining a GM gradually getting increasingly frustrated as all his plans are repeatedly foiled by a jumping centaur and it's pretty great. Just this super-excited centaur bouncing all over the place while the GM gets red in the face, crumpling up yet another set of notes that took him hours to write, all because of that cursed +35 to Jump checks, you like centaurs huh, well I'LL SHOW YOU

Frankly, the super-jumping solves the one major logistical problem that came up in the one game I was in with a centaur PC: how the hell do they do ladders? It's more amusing to imagine them doing sweet-rear end straight vertical jumps than our actual solution, "just don't think about the ladder-horse."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I really like how his "revenge," in addition to being unthinkably petty, is also self-defeating. "Oho, so My Hated Enemy wants to write a history of my RPG movement? I'll deny him any information so he can't write about my contributions! This will prevent my work from being memorialized and also... hurt him... somehow!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Am I just being an elitist jerk or what because this just reads like another expression of nerds' crippling lack of social skills that they have to resort to baiting people to comment on RPG books.

The image of this guy carrying around the loving massive Nobilis hardback to "casually" read on the bus or whatever is pretty hilarious, at least.

(Guilty confession time: I once read the World's Largest Dungeon in an airport lounge. In my own defense, I'd just gotten it for Christmas, my flight was delayed, and... uh, really, that doesn't help at all, does it?)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Nessus posted:

I've read RPG books in public a bunch of times, especially when travelling. Basically nobody ever gave a gently caress. I think once it was a D&D book and someone recognized the cover. You are not shamefully revealing your stupid hateful hobby that you need to be embarrassed about, I think. (I mean, unless that makes the RPGs more fun in which case yes, sure, totally, everyone's snort-snickering up their sleeves. Shame on you, reading non-pornographic specialist literature in an airport terminal.)

Most of my shame has to do with the fact that the WLD is approximately the size and shape (and, uh, playability) of a cinderblock. Why in God's name was I carrying that thing on?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

These guys are really, really mad at Evil Hat Games (which Fred Hicks runs/is the face of, iirc) because they were involved in lobbying DrivethruRPG to take down an OSR dude's lovely pro-Gamergate card game. Evil Hat also makes FATE and Don't Rest Your Head, which I imagine makes them Storygame Thoughtcriminals, but the big grudge is the lovely card game thing.

EDIT: I assume by "Black Hat" he means "Evil Hat." I may be wrong.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

So is the Strange just going to be a rolling anti-racism intervention for Monte Cook, one racial stereotype at a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Karl Rove posted:

Is there any purestrain grog regarding people who have played (or are playing :stonklol: ) World of Synnibarr? I know it's the byword for ridiculously bad Rifts-ripoff excess, but I own a copy and having read it, the WTFD&D?! article doesn't fully do it justice.

I'm not sure anyone besides Raven c.s. McCracken claims to have actually played Synnibarr. I'll admit that I kind of want to, just to see what the hell goes down, but it's kind of the roleplaying equivalent of wanting to go to the moon: you probably can't do it, and if you did it you'd probably just die or get bored.

• Locked thread