Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Laphroaig posted:

Frankly I can't tell which of these I like the most. :spergin:

Its like the most masturbatory, groggy railroading I have ever seen. The fawning comments section though is what seals the deal.

All that effort just to go "You can't defeat my super special villains because the demand for slave pearls is endless and unchangeable."

dwarf74 posted:

The site didn't used to be that bad. :(

I wonder what could have happened???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

thelazyblank posted:

EDIT: Accidentally stumbled across this piece of un-fun-having in response to Very Serious Webcomic Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. The topic is on Elephacentaur Rogues and their ability to kidnap chickens by sneaking up on them.

quote:

When he tries that, and he’s going to try that, the guards quietly surround him (distracted enough that the other players might be able to slip away) and then ask, “Were we just supposed to not talk about you, then? Was that your plan for this?”

Once again a grog stumbles upon something clever by accident, and instantly dismisses it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the ability to houserule is a unique strength of 5th edition, not present in anything else ever

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

paradoxGentleman posted:

This must be what a RPGPundit at a larval stage looks like.

Currently chewing: Concord Original Double Bubble + Pop Rocks Tropical Punch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

role-playing proves superior to roll-playing once again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

No, I mean a chart detailing who's who in the Storygaming Conspiracy to Steal the Vital Fluids Of True Gamers.

this project has been expanded into wikipedia.org

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ProfessorCirno posted:

I legitimately think Wayne Reynolds is an awful artist.

His coloring is good, but he has this whole thing where everyone has to always be mean-mugging and absolutely covered in random crap. Backpacks are super fragile in the world of Wayne Reynolds, and people are not happy about it.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 20, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Weren't bows always about saturation, not precision? There's the enemy, men, kindly shoot your five thousand arrows into the sky in their direction.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He comes so close to the actual proper metaphor: chickencheese.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

My fantasy sex life is exhaustively charopped

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

moths posted:

The paladin who just never happened to realize that women also have butts.

Whilst ruminating upon this dilemma I discovered 149 reasons why male-female sodomy is dangerous and unnatural, allow me to elucidate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Angrymog posted:

I hope that they allow prosthetic moustaches for players of the guy with a moustache related ability.

standing houserule: neckbeards may be used in play as beards or mustaches (but not both)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bedlamdan posted:

Counter-point, Age of Sigmar has Bloodsecrator Threx Skullbrand

Is this a point for or against? I can't tell.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

With their egregious violations of our most cherished natural rights to stockpile guns and scorn the destitute, all liberal democracies are insane and over-the-top by their very nature.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

When the hill you've chosen to die on is "the historical significance of the OSR," you'll drat well fight at every opportunity.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

death to review scores

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

I didn't follow the whole toxic poo poo-show when it was going on, but if I've understood things correctly Mearls for some stupid reason (really, why did he?) decided to exclusively listen to a bunch of grog manchildren and design the kind of D&D they would want to play?

Pretty much; and on top of that, the design could not have been any lazier. Whole sections of the 5e books were literally copied and pasted from other 3.5-based games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Why wouldn't the monk be martial and just able to do crazy poo poo because they're that good at martial arts?

Because that's anime bullshit. Proper roleplayers use wizards who win every fight by calling out the names of their special magical powers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Then some total scrub who can't even conjure a Goodberry wins the whole thing through sheer dumb luck, and the druids don't let him back out of it because druids are jerks like that. So now this poor sap needs all the help he can get taking on an archdruid's responsibilities.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bushmeister posted:

Noted murdering racist Varg Vikernes finally released his D&D heartbreaker, Myfarog: MYthic FAntasy Role-playing Game. And it is somehow worse than you'd expect.

lol even the name is a loving copy of RaHoWa

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Power Word: Dunk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

We need to immediately engage in all the objectionable behaviors that we assume of our chosen enemies. That'll show how we're better than them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not nearly enough hairs being split in this retarded argument

would you ban a game about raping Hitler to prevent the Holocaust??? what if Hitler was actually nine catgirls????

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Error 404 posted:

Inked in block letters across my knuckles.

:cthulhu:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I really want to roleplay as an ancient racist.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Error 404 posted:

Dare you enter my magical realm?

Can I finally give those filthy Saxons what they've had coming for years?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's the DM's fault for having a goblin--who is clearly listed as always Neutral Evil--offer guests a friendly welcome, in clear violation of official Realmslore as established in Elminster's Catgirl Harem by E. Greenwood.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I dunno that sounds kind of op

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What if I want to have sex with the test?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

And then there was the dungeon that was literally an alien spaceship with robots and laser guns and etc.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ProfessorCirno posted:

Grogs don't think it can't happen the first time much less twice. They're entirely opposed to it period. It was literally a banned discussion topic at one point at ENWorld.

What I like best about COMEANDGETITGATE is that there's a warden encounter power, Warden's Lure, that does exactly the same thing that Come and Get It/Warrior's Urging did, pre-nerfs, and nobody so much as blinks at it. Because it's magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

How much of that is based on stories from ten years ago and how much of that is based on being mad about goons trolling their favorite MMO?

I heard once that SA is nothing but a bunch of filthy SJWs

• Locked thread