Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Kyrie eleison posted:

If someone is always making bad posts, which is a huge amount of posters on this forum, why would you read what they have to say when it's so easy to click on their profile and add them to your ignore list?

i do not know, kyrie eleison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm guessing that those who make bad posts also enjoy reading bad posts. Subsequently they don't get why someone would not want to read bad posts.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sizone posted:

So it's good, but defending its use is bad?

Man, that akai timbrewolf looks really loving stupid, but to saying that it looks really stupid is also stupid.

Let's just never have opinions or talk about them because that is crazy dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P8-WboRLVw

idk man shovelface says it's pretty good

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Sizone posted:

I'm guessing that those who make bad posts also enjoy reading bad posts. Subsequently they don't get why someone would not want to read bad posts.

you would think that that is the case because its sound logic but actually you and kyrie are the loudest proponents of the ignore function and therefore your hypothesis is bnk

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Another reactionary's post that I don't have to read thanks to the ignore function. :)

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
kyrie freakin blows my eyes hate reading his words i dont like to trash a fellow poster but drat

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kyrie eleison posted:

If someone is always making bad posts, which is a huge amount of posters on this forum, why would you read what they have to say when it's so easy to click on their profile and add them to your ignore list?
Or you could use the ignore function in your miiiiiiiind

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
aids cumm

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
if you use the ignore function you are the worst kind of person, a something awful forums poster

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Kyrie eleison posted:

because who gives a poo poo, you do not need to apply efficiency algorithms to reading a comedy forum you inside-out brained clown

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sizone posted:

That's not what you were doing, though; you just kinda threw a weird tantrum out of nowhere.

Also, it has such a stigma because so many posters actually need it to keep from going ape because they saw something that they didn't like, which is amazingly lame, and you look more and more like that type with every post.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 7, 2015

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
op was like

ill flip out if you mock me only even a little bit

and passerby were like

lol ok id like to see that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jackyl posted:

this thread is great, ty to whoever changed the title and made me click on it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fanged wang posted:

op was like

ill flip out if you mock me only even a little bit

and passerby were like

lol ok id like to see that
it's not even just the flipout, like, it's some dadaist poo poo beyond the average flipout. most people would at least stay vaguely on the topic they brought up but this poo poo goes all over the goddamn road. impressive

like we joke about people being mentally ill here but ping ponging to multiple unrelated issues wildly and unbidden while completely ignoring the other person is the sort of thing patients in actual mental institutions do

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

mods make rapman the cook the op of this thread

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
post more of the comics they're p funny

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

fanged wang posted:

kyrie freakin blows my eyes hate reading his words i dont like to trash a fellow poster but drat

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Tsinava posted:

Another reactionary's post that I don't have to read thanks to the ignore function. :)

You can't just ignore my posts, everyone ends up quoting them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kyrie eleison posted:

You can't just ignore my posts, everyone ends up quoting them.

oh gently caress what have i done

sorry sorry

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

OMGVBFLOL posted:

because who gives a poo poo, you do not need to apply efficiency algorithms to reading a comedy forum you inside-out brained clown

lol

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Why is this shitbird thread still going on

You people are talking about whether or not to use a loving ignore function for five pages now

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lmao

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Sizone posted:

Man, that akai timbrewolf looks really loving stupid, but to saying that it looks really stupid is also stupid.

Let's just never have opinions or talk about them because that is crazy dumb.

i appreciate your cross-forum reference here, but your first post about how you have that guy on ignore makes you look like a weenie. put idiots on ignore and then ignore them.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

The Wizard of Oz posted:

You people are talking about whether or not to use a loving ignore function for five pages now

heh, you just bumped this thread
while talking about the ignore function
using noted shithead phrase "you people"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Wizard of Oz posted:

why are you using the word "shitbird" like a adjective?

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

why are you using the word "shitbird" like a adjective?

It's a noun adjunct!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
ewww angerbeet's a mod again

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Gaunab posted:

ewww angerbeet's a mod again

who is angerbeet

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
are they bad

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

fanged wang posted:

who is angerbeet

a demon, from the ancient world... this foe is beyond any of you... RUN!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
angerbot is cool

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

BKPR posted:

i appreciate your cross-forum reference here, but your first post about how you have that guy on ignore makes you look like a weenie. put idiots on ignore and then ignore them.

which is usually what I do, but rapman is so consistently terrible I felt the need to make note of it. it's not like racism in beetle bailey would've been enough to carry an entire thread anyway.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sizone posted:

which is usually what I do, but rapman is so consistently terrible I felt the need to make note of it. it's not like racism in beetle bailey would've been enough to carry an entire thread anyway.

yeah but it's part of the experience man you can't just put people on ignore. Do you just go through life closing your eyes when you see something uncomfortable cover your ears and go la la la

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

moose face posted:

yeah but it's part of the experience man you can't just put people on ignore. Do you just go through life closing your eyes when you see something uncomfortable cover your ears and go la la la

forums ain't real life, they're light entertainment.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sizone posted:

forums ain't real life, they're light entertainment.

Uh we play for keeps here son

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

moose face posted:

Uh we play for keeps here son

You die on the forums, you DIE IN REAL LIFE.

(sizone update your will soon)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If you don't have Supermechagodzilla on your ignore list you're using the forums wrong.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

No, you don't die in real life. You have built for yourself an artificial fantasy community for yourself, because you can't deal with the real world. This is harming your relationships with people who care for you, your job, everything is impacted. You need to see a psychiatrist and get therapy. Get help, spooky girlfriend and moose thing, please.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Wizard of Oz posted:

No, you don't die in real life. You have built for yourself an artificial fantasy community for yourself, because you can't deal with the real world. This is harming your relationships with people who care for you, your job, everything is impacted. You need to see a psychiatrist and get therapy. Get help, spooky girlfriend and moose thing, please.

you seem to care about this a whole lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i can't even tell who is serious and who is mocking anymore

• Locked thread