Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah, prices are the same. In fact, they gave you 3 basics for every one Planetary you had when 3.0 launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
My juggernaut's rolling in basics because of that I think, I've got about 1000 commendations at 46 :sotw:

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Also, despite not playing for over a year, I'm still in the goon republic guild, so if any of you guys who are just starting to play don't want to be :godwin: send a message to Liisi, I can invite and stuff.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Medullah posted:

Have him transfer too. :)

Ok you've convinced me. I thought I had more than one decent leveled character but I was wrong.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I might give this a shot again. Played it for like a month at launch. Is the guild info in the OP current? The max level for 7day trial is 50?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Good job Medullah, your referral got me to sub to this terrible game again. Maybe this time I'll actually be on when goons are around. :v:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The primary job of an OP is for referral bait, useful information is just a pleasant side effect.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I know most of you goons on jc are in tng, but I'm curious how easy it is to get into sm ops now on fleet. Anyone do much pug ops? A couple of us from my pot5 guild are moving at this point. Just haven't figured out where. Key requirement is easier access to sm ops. Our current guild has the ops on farm but no one is ever on.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ZypherIM posted:

When I play this game, I wish they hadn't hosed up the endgame so hard. Leveling is such a great experience, and then it just tanks so hard when you hit the end.

Eh I think the problem with end game here is that alot of people play this because its a Bioware story game and we love our story. Which is obviously harder to produce, especially voiced with all the actors they need, than Raid #21.B I mean it's fine for what it is, but raid treadmill isn't that appealing anymore, and they are kinda screwed in that the best way to get good outfits is via cartel packs (so farming credits) than raiding. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Eh I think the problem with end game here is that alot of people play this because its a Bioware story game and we love our story. Which is obviously harder to produce, especially voiced with all the actors they need, than Raid #21.B I mean it's fine for what it is, but raid treadmill isn't that appealing anymore, and they are kinda screwed in that the best way to get good outfits is via cartel packs (so farming credits) than raiding. :v:

Yeah, I've never bothered with TOR's endgame. I resubbed for a couple of months, which was long enough to play a bounty hunter from start to the end of the Yavin 4 story and play a consular from start through the end of Act 2. I enjoyed the story parts well enough, but the rest of the game attached to the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This is sort of a general bitch, but holy poo poo, what MMO developer came up with the idea of 'elevators'? I do not want to have to sit and wait for 10 seconds for an elevator to reach me, then another 15-20 to ride it down. At least when I was playing WoW i could use a slow fall parachute, potion, or cast a spell and just jump off without waiting.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Sure wish I didn't have to do this 'reorganizing data' nonsense every time I decide to dip back into the game.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

I enjoyed the story parts well enough, but the rest of the game attached to the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired.

as we've heard you say time and time again. Not to pick but I don't think you've made a single post in either SWTOR thread that isn't bitching about an MMO plot.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Treek is great.

This is basically how she heals you.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
So I played this at launch, left when I moved house and my guild kinda separated, that was when there was Oceanic servers, looks like heaps has happened, but where do all the (Aus)Goons play, I've got one transfer up my sleeve it looks, and 3000 cartel coins to spend?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It seems weird being a mean ol Imperial with a goofy rear end jawa following you around. Is the jawa at least evil?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Something like six months ago on Red Eclipse, it was almost daily to see calls for 55 ops. 50 ones were mostly EV HM for weekly probably, and as far as I know people mostly two-man those for fun or such.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It seems weird being a mean ol Imperial with a goofy rear end jawa following you around. Is the jawa at least evil?

The ewok is, the jawa (BH exclusive) is pure LS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need to remove my security key, but the link at the login screen to remove it is not there anymore. Does anyone know what the url is? Help center says there should be a link for removing security keys but I can't find it.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but are there any rumblings of this game getting scuttled by Disney, what with their axing of basically the entire EU? I already have a character and I've already spent money on this game; thinking about downloading it again and picking up where I left off. I don't wanna get too invested monetarily or otherwise only to find out next month Disney is killing this game and that's that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

matrix ripoff posted:

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but are there any rumblings of this game getting scuttled by Disney, what with their axing of basically the entire EU? I already have a character and I've already spent money on this game; thinking about downloading it again and picking up where I left off. I don't wanna get too invested monetarily or otherwise only to find out next month Disney is killing this game and that's that.

EA Games owns complete rights to Star Wars video games, so SWTOR is safe. And the EU wasn't completely wiped clean. The Old Republic is actually still canon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Not to mention the game is doing very well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

So I played this at launch, left when I moved house and my guild kinda separated, that was when there was Oceanic servers, looks like heaps has happened, but where do all the (Aus)Goons play, I've got one transfer up my sleeve it looks, and 3000 cartel coins to spend?

I don't know about goons specifically but Harbinger has a huge APAC presence.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I need to remove my security key, but the link at the login screen to remove it is not there anymore. Does anyone know what the url is? Help center says there should be a link for removing security keys but I can't find it.

If you login with just display name and password (leaving security key blank), the next screen should be "Enter Security Key" with a "Lost Your Security Key?" link under the text box.

Positioning on the link is a little janky. If it's not there maybe try another browser or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

araeris posted:

If you login with just display name and password (leaving security key blank), the next screen should be "Enter Security Key" with a "Lost Your Security Key?" link under the text box.

Positioning on the link is a little janky. If it's not there maybe try another browser or something.

I had to call support, but I am back to playing SWTOR again. This game is an rear end in a top hat that won't let go.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Is there a way to easily macro all your poo poo down to having fewer than like 10 buttons to push? I may be spoiled by Guild Wars 2, but I log in and see all the powers and just uninstall like "what is this multiple hotbar poo poo"

Also is there any kind of sidekick system so I can outlevel my wife and still play together? I don't remember but I don't see it

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

signalnoise posted:

Is there a way to easily macro all your poo poo down to having fewer than like 10 buttons to push? I may be spoiled by Guild Wars 2, but I log in and see all the powers and just uninstall like "what is this multiple hotbar poo poo"

Also is there any kind of sidekick system so I can outlevel my wife and still play together? I don't remember but I don't see it

Nope (not without third-party software like Autohotkey anyway), and nope. That last one's especially irritating. You can do Tactical Flashpoints (or maybe it's just Kuat? It's been awhile) with people of pretty much any level since there's bolster, but no real levelup/down system.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

signalnoise posted:

If you hate having lots of skills to worry about, I recommend playing arsenal merc or marksman sniper. Their main rotations involve like 5 buttons, you don't have to worry about too much.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Disney's whole "Legends" stuff applies only to post-RotJ, fairly certainly made to clear any possible conflicts with VII. Wipe includes Thrawn and whatever else was diamond within that pile.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cythereal posted:

The ewok is, the jawa (BH exclusive) is pure LS.

I confused ewoks and jawas.

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you hate having lots of skills to worry about, I recommend playing arsenal merc or marksman sniper. Their main rotations involve like 5 buttons, you don't have to worry about too much.

I'm a marksman in the 30s and I have a fuckton of buttons. I can't imagine having more than this. And I dont even have all my poo poo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm a marksman in the 30s and I have a fuckton of buttons. I can't imagine having more than this. And I dont even have all my poo poo.

Yeah, every class has a lot of buttons, but having just finished leveling a sniper to 50 the important ones are, Shield Probe, Evasion, Snipe, Penetrating Blasts, Ambush, Followthrough, Takedown
and SUPPRESSING FIRE

Oh and your interrupt which I forgot the name of.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 14, 2015

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
Heya, posting for an invite into That's No Goon. My character's names are Xelris (sorc) and Cheese'n'beef (powertech).

I haven't played since Cartel was released (almost 2 years), Xelris was nearly maxed on pvp and pve gear, Cheese had a good deal of midrange stuff, most of which is completely obsolete on both from the looks of things. Still trying to figure out my head from my rear end again. Anyway, just transferred in, and after I un-useless myself and level I was hoping to raid with you guys. See you in game :)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I don't know about goons specifically but Harbinger has a huge APAC presence.

Ok cool, was auto transferred there anyway. How big is this game now, taking forever to download and so much is different. Going to be spending the next week learning everything, runs better at least, rolled a new Trooper, might do an agent as well as I recall them having the best story.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I confused ewoks and jawas.

There are a lot of buttons, but only a few you have to really know about. Series of shots, follow through, ambush, snipe, the one that you use when enemies are under 30% health that I forget the name of are the ones you have to use regularly. Beyond that, sniper volley, lase target, and target acquired are your main offensive cool downs. And you'll want to remember your interrupt. Those are the only abilities you really need to keep track of to play half decent in pve, and honestly you could probably never touch your cool downs and be fine until you reach current raid content.

Everything else is situational, iirc, or stuff that you use to get a little extra boost.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's pretty much how all classes and specs are. You'll get a ton of abilities, but some of them aren't meant to be used in particular specs. For example, a Hatred Assassin's biggest move is Crushing Darkness so you'll want to make sure that it's easily reached. However, a Darkness Assassin will never use it so you might as well take it off your quickbar. It's just a matter of knowing your class and knowing what moves they use.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
The agent story-line is seriously James Bond. It seems like every other female in class quests gives you a flirt option. I should have named him Milf-Hunter.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hah, I found my old phone with the security key for my old account. That sure is 3000 cartel coins.

Edit: Why does my bounty hunter have a massive lisp when I talk to one of these bounty event guys?

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 15, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbit posted:

Hah, I found my old phone with the security key for my old account. That sure is 3000 cartel coins.

Edit: Why does my bounty hunter have a massive lisp when I talk to one of these bounty event guys?

If you're a male it's because the VA is like 80 years old

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Also medullah come back and be with me again or give me admiral so I can clean out the guild roster, we're starting to creep on the cap again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also medullah come back and be with me again or give me admiral so I can clean out the guild roster, we're starting to creep on the cap again.

I'm not your guild leader, pm Oedzi. I uninstalled to avoid temptation for a few months.

• Locked thread