Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Soooooo I haven't bought/played a "the Show" since 10, and now that I have a spakin' new PS4, I want to buy this. Coupla questions for those of y'all that have 14:

Did they ever fix the retarded manager goals poo poo? In 10, you'd get yelled at for not covering a hit and run that's in the damned dirt and impossible to hit, for getting caught stealing even though you have 100+ SBs on the season, and there were a ton of other bullshit things like "take this first pitch" and then getting yelled at for smashing a gopher ball over the wall for a 3 run shot. That's to say nothing about all the poo poo where it would let you "talk to the manager" if you were a pitcher and were pulled in the 8th on a one hitter. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION ME? YOU'RE SITTING A GAME! HAHAHHAHA Like why even bother putting that poo poo in if you always "lost" the argument?

Progression poo poo related to above, the "manager" would sometimes decide you needed to improve say bunting one week. If you didn't, you'd get reprimanded even though you lead the league in every goddamned hitting category. Yes, I'm sure the Twins are going to bench their future HoF 2B who hit 120 HRs last year because he didn't improve his bunting enough this week.

Is lead-offs any better? In 10, If you were 2 steps off and a fast guy, your baserunning "experience" consisted of 1,453,542 throwovers to first. In most cases, if you didn't have the retreat button down before he even started the motion, you were gone. I had to frequently hold the "lean" button (R2) and retreat at the same time so that the runner would stay where I wanted him, but would make it back if the CPU decided on throwover number 3,325. Stealing got to be a real bitch if you had any sort of speed.

Is practice any better, or is it pretty much teh same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

They changed it all a year or two ago. The whole system is much better. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd post more details. Do some googling and you'll find info from 13 or 14 about how they fixed it.

oldskool posted:

Baserunning greatly improved with 13 (and there's a slider for CPU pickoffs you can turn down, which I always do), bu that's the last one I played & the manager goals & progression poo poo was still in that version. I think goals & progression changed for the better in 14 and improved again for 15.

That's really interesting, because after googling, I find people saying that they have to "hold back" during a possible pitch because the game still cheats on pickoff attempts. Are they just being dumb?

That was really the most maddening part of RTTS in 10 after you were established and the manager was broken because there was nothing more to improve. I got so tired of trying to baserun because you couldn't even really steal because of all the damned pickoff bullshit.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

oldskool posted:

I would say the game doesn't cheat on the pickoffs any more, but holding back still prevents getting picked off 100% of the time so there's really no reason not to use it.

Gotcha.

Preordered

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

PS4 is region free, no?

For games yes. If you want your DLC to work, however, no.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

screaden posted:

This is what I wanted clarification on. I know you can buy games from wherever. We bought all our rock band stuff from the U.S. on ps3, but had to make a fake psn id and then buy those prepaid credit things on line in order to buy the dlc songs because of it, and I'd like to avoid having to do that poo poo again.

Although I checked last night and the show 14 is up on the Australian psn so I'm assuming 15 will be too once it hits the release date, so none of this will probably matter(hopefully).

From the link earlier, it implied that if you buy the US version, you'll need a US PSN and poo poo to buy and install the DLC on.

I have no idea whether that would then work with DLC on your AUS account on the same PS4 though.

Here's hoping that MLB15 is available at launch for you making this moot.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I never per-ordered a game before, so I don't know if this is normal. I am looking at the downloads, and it downloaded the game and a patch (which I installed). I do not see any of the themes or any indication that I should be getting a bunch of coins or whatever.

ANyone else?

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 30, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm afraid to try it because of Sony justice, but has anyone tried putting their PS4 time ahead to unlock the game? Or does it do an authentication check anyway?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The themes are kinda hidden, go to where the show's icon is, press down until you hit additional content and there they are.

The stubs and such come when you first play, it's an account flag not a patch.

Ah. Thanks. Of course the Yankee Stadium theme has the stupid strip TVs right along where the menu is, rendering it damned near unreadable. Oh well, I'll end up switching it to whatever team my RTTS guy gets picked up by. MY IMMERSION. Back in MLB10, I was drafted by the Twins in the new Target field and had way more fun than I thought I would. ESPECIALLY when we beat the Yankees, who didn't recognize my greatness and traded me when I was on the Thunder.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 30, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I don't know about y'all, but I for one cannot wait to try out playing online with a friend only to give up after the third inning because we're both pitching perfect games due to the ball randomly freezing/lagging mid-pitch.

Dubious posted:

Soundtrack for this year again appears to be hot garbage based off of internet sleuthing!

So like pretty much any loving sports game full of lovely indie music and a few crappy rap songs. I think the last MVP game (2005?) was the last time there was a good sountrack to a baseball game. That Madden where half the music was from NFL films was pretty great too (10?)

It sucks that PS4 can't play loving MP3s. I loved having custom music and poo poo and it gave it a really cool effect of being "played" through stadium speakers.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 30, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Dubious posted:

I read an article this morning that this game will feature players half rear end dogging it to first base on sure outs :v:

~The David Ortiz Experience~

Now I want a few random pitchers to dog it to first and allow a sure out go away because they're too damned lazy to cover the bag.

~The Hideki Irabu Experience~

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

I've got a party up on PSN to facilitate match making or otherwise shoot the poo poo while we play.

Here we go!

PSN?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So if some of you were struggling batting last night - i found something out that'll help me. Apparently, the batting scheme changed to a "timing" based approach as opposed to a "zone". While older versions of the show didn't have a cursor (and some did), you aimed your left stick in the direction you thought the ball was going to end up. I was doing that all last night and no wonder I was having trouble. The game has moved towards a system where the left stick is where you want to put the ball.

I realize this may be old news to you, but I don't really follow too much game development stuff, so I had no idea.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Anyone else having issues with Road to the Show being full of crashes? Everything else is fine but I straight up can't get past batting practice in my first showcase game for my Road to the Show dude without a crash hitting me.

I had no problem, but could use some advice.

I started a guy last night, did alright in the first showcase (2nd round by Detroit). Angered that I'd play for the Tigers, I decided to STAY IN SCHOOL (TM), and went to a 4 year uni. Got 600 extra points (which I feel is far too few) for it.

So I guess my question is this - is it worth it to go to college or not? It doesn't seem like it is...

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I think it is if your showcase doesn't put you in the early rounds. 600 pts. doesn't seem like a ton, but it adds nicely to your stats at that level.

EDIT: A few things about the game that, um, aggravate me. First, there's no indication in RttS that tells you how to earn equipment. It'd be nice to know what the metric is for gaining some of that stuff in your inventory.

Also, how/when does the MLB weekly radio feature kick in? I've dug through the menus and not seen any mention of it. Speaking of menus, I'm still getting used to the interface. It took me forever to find the Player Card.

I don't like that you can't see average pitch-type speeds beyond the batting order screen. Once you enter an at-bat, you can only recall pitch-types it seems. Also, the last pitch speed appears for like a millisecond on the boxscore graphic in the top left corner. It needs to linger a bit longer.

EDIT 2: Despite this new directional hitting thing, having good AB's still relies primarily on timing. One of the things that improved my hitting was to focus on the pitcher. Don't try to pick up the ball coming out of his hand, but rather just focus on his sillouette. Once he releases, then pick up the ball and if it's pretty much in line with the pitcher's body, it's gonna' be in the strike zone. (Excepting submariners & extreme side-arm actions). I dunno' really...it took me a bit in '14, but I can hit for a pretty good average even with crap stats.

Yeah, that's a good point. It's not like my age is going to matter *that* much, I'm definitely not going to play enough seasons to be forced into retirement.

Harlock posted:

The long wait for Operation Sports roster set begins

Don't worry, they'll be busy screaming about how the color of the Mets' socks aren't the right shade for MONTHS before they get around to the rosters. The autism on OS always scares me. I remember the final NCAA football game people lost their goddamned minds over the FSU sock colors and some went so far as calling it "too distracting to play". As EA was busy fixing actual bugs, they were busy losing their poo poo over the right color equipment.

I used to wonder who gave a poo poo about having hundreds of bats or whatever.... OS made me see.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Dandy Kaiser posted:

In '14, I was a 12-1 ROY pitcher with a 1.20 ERA and a .270 average for the Marlins and I demanded a trade because I was tired of being on this poo poo team that couldn't play defense or win more than 75 games. I was traded to the sub-.500 Red Sox for Napoli straight up.

I've been requesting another trade every opportunity I've gotten ever since, and two months later, the Sox haven't done anything to move me.

I'm so used to the old way where any time you tried, you got an email from Skip saying "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? ENJOY THE BENCH, LOL!" I think I'm the guy who smashed every batting record including DiMaggio's hit record. gently caress you, Skip.

Like it'd be pretty funny with demanding a trade because you'd get that and then get traded, but Skip apparently traveled with you and said "your attitude problems annoy me:"

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I still can't get the goddamned stubs and packs I was supposed to get for getting the anniversary collection. Thanks SEA.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

I had to go into the store IN GAME and click on the stubs. It was weird.

I've done that several times. It just takes me to the store to get me to spend $10 on stubs.

I'm reinstalling in case something stupid happened.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ihatepants posted:

In case anyone else is having this issue, you can avoid reinstalling by going to the PSN store from your PS4 and going to the Anniversary Edition's store page and choosing to download the game again. It will tell you that it is already downloaded, but I got an email immediately from Sony for "thank you for your purchase."

I then logged out of my PSN account and logged in and played MLB, where I then got a notification for the unredeemed stuff.

Yeah, I saw this posted somewhere after I started to reload. I had gone into the store to try and download the anniversary edition thinking that maybe there was a separate exe that I didn't get... and got that error. That's what led me to re-download it thinking that maybe something mucked up.

Anyway this morning, after the download, I had my stuff. Now to spend stubs on worthless poo poo like a ritual for my RTTS guy because of course that gives me +POW.

:allears: MLB going the way of Tiger Woods where you watch adds to your power... sigh....

Harlock posted:

Carried over my MLB 14 franchise. Derek 'The Pope' Jeter

I used to trade Jeets in my Yanks franchises... gently caress him and his cement shoes fielding. I may be the only Yankees fan who despises the guy, but w/e.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 1, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

Wait till they go full EA/Ultimate team and basically ignore the game except for the part that makes them a ton of money.

:negative:

I want to argue, but they've already started in with that poo poo. The only thing I think that might stop that is that they know how popular RTTS is as compared to "Superstar" mode in Madden. Baseball fans are a lot more patient, and generally enjoy that long slog.

Of course, you're right, once give it 2-5 years and it'll literally ignore franchise mode like EA does with Madden.

BUT NOW YOU CAN BUY MORE PACKS OF GUYS!!! WOOOOOOOO!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I like that the loading screens are protected against streaming/recording, for no reason I can think of besides not showing how long it takes to load into a game.

It's probably because it's real photos of players and they're probably protected via some MLBPA agreement.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Ultimate Team is the reason EA's NHL was totally and completely unplayable (and didn't even have a franchise mode at first). EA only cares about UT modes and didn't even loving apologize for the absolute abortion the NHL game was.

I get why since UT modes print money, but it is sad that the reason why *I* play these games (franchise modes; career modes) is pretty much doomed.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ManicJason posted:

I'm not too impressed with RTTS so far. It seems unchanged in four years other than some small improvements to the in game evaluations. Stuff like base running has potential to be awesome but was totally mailed in and hasn't been touched in years.

Hopefully it gets better as you get out of AA.

I was picked off twice in my first showcase game. So yeah, that bullshit is still running strong.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

MagicCube posted:

Not getting picked off is the easiest thing in the game. Taking more than a one step lead-off will get you picked off pretty much all the time, but if your base-stealing is high enough you can take a 2 step lead and hold back on the left stick so you dive back automatically. Either way, if you hold back on the left stick you'll never get picked off unless you're a long way off or have a mediocre stealing attribute.

Well, I was getting picked off without adding to the default lead. The bullshit I refer to though is that you have to hold back to even have a chance to get back to the bag. That shouldn't be the way it is at all. That's the way it was in the last one I bought, so I'll just go back to doing that and get ready for the million throwovers the AI inevitably does once you get good at stealing.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

MagicCube posted:

Well you could try adjusting the sliders to make pickoffs a bit slower/less likely (possibly). I've never adjusted the CPU pickoff slider so I'm not too sure what exactly it does, but you could try lowering it and see if it changes anything. In general it seems that they've tried to make stealing more difficult with the slide step introduction as well.

The constant attempts suck for sure, but I've rarely seen multiple attempts with a default lead and if it keeps happening on a one step lead I vary it up and let them throw a pitch with a default lead then go back to a one step.

Just thinking now and best case scenario with the upcoming delay of game changes they can put in some kind of warning for excessive pickoffs or have the pitcher sky it after the 3rd or 4th attempt.

I legit want MLB to have a limit on pickoffs in real life. 2 or 3 at most per pitch. After that, it's a balk. Period. That also adds an element of strategy to the game, and if a pitcher is that butthurt over it, he can always give up a ball and pitchout. With all this talk over the "length of the game", it's the most obvious thing to fix. There's nothing worse than watching a game where a coward pitcher is throwing 10 times over to first between each actual pitch.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
In past years, you could change the throwing controls under fielding. It may be under "game specific options" though. When you play enough RTTS the perspective "flipped" controls make a lot of sense.

Man, maybe I'm just too used to the RTTS guy I had who blasted everything he hit, but I am total poo poo at batting right now. I'm trying to force myself to use directional hitting, but I'm really using it very much like I would zone. I want to keep at it because I want to be able to park every pitch that I want once I'm all 99s. :v:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think these guys have fundamentally different views than EA does wrt sports games. I'm not worried by DD becoming Ultimate Team because this team has shown they put a legitimate strong value in career mode and franchise mode as equally key tent-poles in the series.

I agree. As I said earlier, I think a lot of it stems from RTTS being the whole selling point of the game. It's why the game became popular. In addition, baseball fans, while they have their own form of craziness (e.g. way over analyzing poo poo), love the game in a different way from football/hockey fans. Those games are much more action based and they don't lend themselves to the kind of play RTTS is.

My only concern is how it's starting to bleed in with the gear stuff. I realize it's optional, but the "get cards for better gear" is certainly a carrot to play DD. That said, I'll definitely be applying and cards I get for it. I'll probably sell off any cards that can't be used in dynasty/RTTS for more stubs.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Trillest Parrot posted:

New to The Show and haven't played a baseball game since MVP 2005. I played a couple practice games and I think I can manage pitching and fielding but I'm still terrible at hitting. Is there any fun game mode I can play while I practice that won't screw up any long term ramifications? If I start RTTS and am bad will it gently caress me over?

Ironically, I think MVP 2005 had directional hitting in the sense that you use the left stick to tell the game where you wanted to hit the ball. Granted, I used it much like zone hitting unless I wanted to troll my roommate as he tried to beat the Yanks with the Marlins. :smug:

After getting so used to the MLB10 zone style though, I think I may just have to switch to that because holy crap I'm using directional and the dynamic difficulty keeps me at loving rookie. I'm that loving bad at hitting right now. :laugh:

In either case, directional hitting doesn't even make sense to me as it is, zone hitting does. Then just adjust the timing if you want to pull/push it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

doesn't korea have some of the best internet in the world?

It's almost as if a country the size of Maine might have the ability for strong internet all over.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 3, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Soooo has anyone figured out a fix to the stamps thing being broken? I've not seen a single thing about it in days.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is there any advice anyone can give me for improving my hitting? Pretty much every time I hit the drat thing any distance it's either straight to a fielder or slightly to one side of them.

I'm using the O for contact Square for power control scheme, is there a better one?

I appreciate that the best thing might be just to spend more time in practice, which is fine, but I thought I'd check, just in case.

1) don't forget there's also X for "regular"

2) try zone hitting. My hitting vastly improved when I went back to it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Here I got three golds and a legend and I will never play DD. I sold the cards for stubs though.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Does anyone know of how you "freeze" dynamic difficulty? I want to keep using it eventually, but I want to just freeze it at all-star for a bit until I'm better. My player has hit a few HRs lately which has given me 4+s and I dont want to move up just because of a hot streak. I can always just change the difficult to all-star, but I thought I had heard there was a way to "freeze" progression.

got called up from AA Biloxi to the Brew Crew about 40-50 games into the season. I guess already being 15 games back and my stellar hitting in AA convinced them to just bring me up. :laugh: I'm probably going to demand a trade because holy hell the Brewers are bad.

ManicJason posted:

Playing middle infield, I frequently (about once every ~3 games) have it switch to me on defense, requesting double play depth, but leaving me unable to move at all. I've seen a similar frozen bug when leading off on base once or twice where you cannot move.

It also kills me when, in RTTS, I go to field an easy out, preset a low speed throw, then watch my guy smoke a cigarette before slowly reaching down on his backhand to pick up the ball instead of continuing in on it. At least this year you get no punishment in RTTS when you fail to make an out on an easy play toward you. It doesn't feel great when that failed out ends up giving the other team the winning run.

With my 2B, I have now had several times where I will be running towards the bag, and then get frozen in whatever direction I'm running because the ball has been thrown. I appreciate *why* they do this, but it's very frustrating when you're correcting your path to the base and now you're not touching second on the double play ball.

Also, I really hate it when that preset throw poo poo messes up too. My guy will just ignore the input sometimes when I try to tell him when the ball is in air from 3B/SS "hey throw this immediately to 1B". Which almost always ends up with him sitting there like an idiot and me mashing throw all too late.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 6, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Abu Dave posted:

It's dumb you don't earn Stubbs in RTTS mode. That's all I play :(

I'm right there with ya buddy. I sold all the cards worth a poo poo (except that legend, because no one is paying 20k for that guy right now), and spent the initial 12K stubs the preorder gave on the stat boost.

I am hoping that free pack for 10 days of play gives me some card worth selling.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

go into sliders and turn the dyamic slider all the way left

Ahhhhh that was not at all what I would have thought of doing. Thanks!

EDIT:
This autism I read On OS forums is just OS.txt

quote:

Did we ever figure out if the sun's position changes day to day in franchise or if it is the same all April, changes on May 1st, stays the same until June 1st, and so on? I'm almost through with May and I swear it seems like it changes day by day. My shadows look different on my home stand than earlier in the month, but that might just be from having a road trip that blurs my memory.

:spergin: THE AZIMUTHAL ANGLE OF THE SUN FROM EACH CITY AND THE ORIENTATION OF THE BALLPARK.

EDIT2:

Those of you with RTTS closers - has it gotten any better with regards to the points earned? I remember that with not nearly enough games played you basically *had* to buy points to make it as a closer. Have they made it so you earn a reasonable amount of points per appearance?

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 6, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So is it me or is the game just a huge bitch when you get to the bigs? I realize there's a huge jump in talent from AA to MLB, but the game just throws a ***lot*** more balls. On top of that, it feels like the game has all of a sudden gotten unforgiving with the cursor placement. What would have been a double is now a foul off. I use zone hitting.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am getting weird out of place stuff when I bat too. I hit a triple and they comment that the hit is scored as an error when it's clearly not an error.

I had something like that happen and the game scored it a double. I guess they were saying it's a double and I advanced on E9 or whatever. I was impressed it was able to do that though, I figured the game would just take a poo poo and score the triple an E9.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

just want to say that this game irritates to no end but i love it because it does

So is it an element of your fielding stat that your fielder just decides to ignore you occasionally when you tell him to throw? Sometimes i do, and no meter comes up. Sometimes I'll field a grounder, tell him to throw, the meter comes up, and...

My guy just stares at the third baseman like a boob.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

axeil posted:

In my RTTS guy I dumped all my points into control because it doesn't matter if you can throw a 98 mph fastball if it flies 3 feet outside the strike zone half the time.

and yet still even with 99 control, the target for the control part of the meter is a pixel wide. I know the show has done that forever, but I just don't get it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ManicJason posted:

The accuracy bit gets larger if your pitcher's confidence grows above some amount during a game.

Yeah, this is true. It's just still hard to hit that sliver of an accuracy bar.

Jondan posted:

15 is my first ever MLB The Show game, but I'm guessing this is because it combines a stat check on pitcher attributes with a skill check on you, the player. :eng99:
I've seen the yellow mark on the pitching meter get super-wide sometimes, but just assumed that the dynamic difficulty was checking up on me.

Manic covered it, but you'll notice that wider accuracy zone stay if you keep pitching well. Once you let up a hit though derp it's gone.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ManicJason posted:

Does anyone remember if it was an old Show game or 2K that let you do custom cheers for the crowd? You'd record your voice doing a chant, and then it would add a hilarious crowd effect to make it sound like a thousand people. I had custom cheers where the entire crowd would make race car noises complete with a crashing noise at the end. I miss that.

I think it was MLB12 that did that, but one thing I liked with the Show in general on PS3 was the ability to edit your "sounds of the show". If you really wanted you could download the sounds for your favorite team off some OS sperg and have it sound like it was going through stadium speakers for any kind of game event.

As I said, I think it was 12 where there was a crowd noise option.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Man, it just *feels* like the game is a lot more unforgiving about hitting. I even experimented and batted with guys who were 99s across the board and I was still hitting weaksauce poo poo all the time.

I use zone hitting, but it really feels like unless you're dead on with that cursor, enjoy your ground out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

davecrazy posted:

I'm getting hits and winning games, but I'm always late or early on pitches. I can't lock down the timing this year. I'm only hitting .250ish.

Yeah, that described my problem as well, my timing is almost always off. Batting .250 with guys I was high .300s with last game. Granted, .250 is "more realistic", but it just doesn't feel right when most of the hits dont leave the infield (which is the contact issue).

The real sad part is the ones I tend to get good contact on are the ones I time terribly and watch them sail just foul.

• Locked thread