Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Seriously let's build a loving battlebot. We've funded stupider poo poo before, and think of all the fun this would be. We'd have a robot. Like we could up-armor a Roomba and put a saw blade on it and have it spin around or something, call it the Doomba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
im gay

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

lowtax doesn't have the hand eye coordination to successfully use a RC controller

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

guys hands are so greasy that they would just ricochet wide every time he tried to push a button

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

that loving lowtax

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Sybian w/ tank treads

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

lowtax and shmorky play battlebots irl on live television

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014
Surround it in giant nails so any direction you ram it you'll end up damaging something on the opponent.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
take this battlebot to a new level by taping a shotgun to it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

battlebots was stupid because it was just all who could build the best flipper robot to flip the other robots

stupid bitch baby i want to see damage

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

battlebots was stupid because it was just all who could build the best flipper robot to flip the other robots

stupid bitch baby i want to see damage

make it really wide so it's hard to flip and has space for lots of batteries then mount a cutting laser on it, the udience may or may not go blind depending on how shiny the other robot is

alternatively make it spin hammers around itself real fast to ruin the show again

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
That fighting robot show was bullshit. All those robots, and no rear end in a top hat ever made one that could mount it's target and hump it with a whirling auger drill deathcock.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
put spinning dildoes on it

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ur mums a battlebot in bed OP

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

lets not

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

battlebutt

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

blowfish posted:

alternatively make it spin hammers around itself real fast to ruin the show again

several robots did this, they all lost to the flipper bots

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fagmaster posted:

battlebutt

lmao

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
make it work upside down aswell jeez

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have access to a full sheet metal shop and can weld but I have very little understanding of electronics or mechanics. I will help build the robot but smarter people also need to be involved.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also it needs to be pronounced "robut" if I'm going to have anything to do with it

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ill make the website

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

done:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
a laser shaped like a swastika that spins around really fast

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can you put a shotgun on the robut and just blow the other robuts away with lead slugs

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You know it's going to end up as some sort of Penis-bot with "I'm Gay" written on the side, this being GBS and all.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

is it ready yet?

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
The Zybourne Bot

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

moose face posted:

Can you put a shotgun on the robut and just blow the other robuts away with lead slugs

"untethered projectiles" are banned

iirc explosives of any sort are also banned

oil slicks and other flammable liquids are banned

its a fuckin gay competition

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
What we need is a Tesla coil mounted on tank treads, so we can zorch our opponents with high frequency electronics-damaging EMF pulses. Bystanders will most likely be electrocuted too, although with far less fatal results.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i remember way too much about battlebots and its rules, i haven't watched this poo poo in ten years but its all still kicking around in there

but then i try to remember the name of someone i literally just met and uhhhh

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"untethered projectiles" are banned

iirc explosives of any sort are also banned

oil slicks and other flammable liquids are banned

its a fuckin gay competition

What about a pneumatic gun that fires a retractable bullet

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
In my Battlebot expertise, clearly the best design is just a giant wedge shape that just flips the opponent over as it drives into it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Name it "Cheese Wiz"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Splatmaster posted:

. Bystanders will most likely be electrocuted too, although with far less fatal results.

:cripes:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
battlebots sucked, mostly they would just get stuck or break before anything interesting happened

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Ok, ok- they won't be electrocuted, that takes about 500 milliamps, which the Tesla coil won't produce. Better?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What was that really stupid one where people would build rockem sockem style robots and then pit them against each other with motion activated controls? It was fairly recent and George Lucas's bbw daughter was competing

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
build a dick-bot, but then when times are getting desperate press a button to shed off all its armor and the dick to become a lady-bot. troon-bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
shoot acid glue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

• Locked thread