Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's me, ping pong guy, coming into this thread to say that if you watched the anime you should start the manga at :siren: Chapter 93 :siren:. The anime actually ends about halfway through the chapter but there is some new stuff, and then you get to keep reading! Some of the stuff, which really isn't spoilers but I'm spoiling it anyway: Arata actually doing stuff, digging into what makes Suo tick, and a general and smart fleshing out of things beyond the core crew before SUDDEN EXPLOSIONS OF OMG ROMANCE that are really loving brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

poo poo

ill take 'japan lover' or 'asia,' beef waifu. plz save me

It should be "SPORTS"

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

There will never be a season 3.

The earliest possible moment where we could have gotten a season 3 was just a month ago (we finally have enough manga, and enough lead for the production to plan) and the TV staff is working on another project (the adaptation of fantastic manga My Love Story!!). And, unlike most manga adaptions, it never had the manga publisher on the production committee so it's not tied to what they wish to promote. There could be another season as soon as 2016, and it's not unheard of for new seasons to pop up years down the line. Think of the new Durarara airing right now, or the new Haruhi coming this year.

I mean holy poo poo, we got a new season of Mushi-Shi a decade after the last one and over five years after the manga ended. Season 3 2023 anyone?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Final boss of Chihayafuru is a karuta playing robot.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wait. I just spent five minutes trying to find news of this, can you link me?

It's not really that exciting.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

While I am holding out hope for a season 3 and haven't jumped over to the manga yet, my patience isn't infinite and if an announcement doesn't pop up sometime soon after Ore Monogatari!! is done I'll start reading it.

I voted for Arata :goleft:

It takes a year or more before the first episode to plan and stuff, so don't expect anything before summer 2016.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As Shirobako teaches us all: miracles happen in the anime industry.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually, there will.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Remember, because of the staff being busy working on My Love Story!! and the amount of prep that goes into making an anime, I wouldn't expect anything before spring 2016, and that would be pushing it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Arata is just getting out of a way too long post grandfather death funk, so give him some time to become cool again.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you want to try the manga start with Chapter 93.

And it's not the worst ending, Chihaya showing that she's taking things more seriously and writing a not-poo poo poem is kind of sweet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The trouble with starting the manga is you eventually run out of that too and then what? AND THEN WHAT?

Cri

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The OVA is anime original and centers around Sumire. It's completely inessential, but kind of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMESK2BiZ2k

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Try Zazzle

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: manga spoilers It's not been that many chapters since the big downer, and yet we've had so many things change in interesting ways. Having the Karuta club functional without those two really does soften the blow and is more interesting to read about. Like all the characters aren't really in a good place because of this, but they're also not completely broken and still have things they care about. And that's not even mentioning how it looks like they're going to wrap it up, with something that connects and Taichi and Sou, advances Sou's characterization, and reflects deeply on the series romantic view of youth. One of my favorite chapters and I can't wait for the next.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The second season of Kaiji was timed around promoting a live action movie so that might happen again, who knows?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope the translators keep up this pace, getting two chapters in two weeks is wonderful.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh I thought there was more of a backlog. Thanks for the heads up.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For me at least, Chihayafuru is not the kind of story that becomes less enjoyable when you already know what's going to happen. I actually liked the anime more the second time I watched it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Chapter 93 :siren:

The series actually ends in the middle of this chapter, so there's some stuff the repeats, but there's new stuff too.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nope! The director of the first two is working on My Love Story! right now so the earliest it could happen is sometime next year.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Aww poo poo, the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club Shirt is available on Teespring again.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy to hear that!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm wearing a Mizusawa High School Karuta Club Shirt and it's making me goofy happy. I'm a loving dork.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We'll figure out over the next year or so if there will be a season 3. At right about the point where there was enough manga for a season 3 to make sense, the anime team was working on My Love Story!! If there is going to be one, it'll be announced sometime next year. If it isn't, it might still pull a Mushi-Shi and we'll get another one in a decade.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's what women want.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mentat Radnor posted:

I think it's been almost six years of in-story time since they played each other? I'm super pumped, holy poo poo.

About six years real time, as well.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zas posted:

I'm holding out on catching up with the manga in the hopes of a surprise S3 announcement but that's a fool's hope isn't it :(

It's going to happen this year. I've willed it with my mind.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

Remember, because of the staff being busy working on My Love Story!! and the amount of prep that goes into making an anime, I wouldn't expect anything before spring 2016, and that would be pushing it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I LOVE THIS SHOW oops caps

THEY ARE APPROPRIATE

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

I'm going to cave and start reading the manga, i can't take it any more.

It's really good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CHIHAYAFURU 2017 CHIHAYAFURU 2017 CHIHAYAFURU 2017

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Don't raise my hopes without proof you bastard!

CHIHAYAFURU 2017

BELIEVE

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Months later, but me too buddy :smith:

And every time I see a new post here I go through that all over again.

Keep dreaming...

The director is currently held up with a Cardcaptor Sakura project that isn't gonna air until 2018.

CHIHAYAFURU 2020

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Lol it's been like 2 years

It was like ten years between seasons of Mushishi :colbert:

(And it's been 3 and a half years)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh lol