Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"let's make it super hard, just like games were in the good old days"

*makes a game harder than anything that was ever made before 2008*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'd like to see an action patformer featuring a chubby female protagonist.

unless she abuses warps she loses a marginal amount of weight at the end of each level which increases her jump/speed/. This feature won't be revealed in advertising/demos.

It's a real good game actually.

Like a mix of Duke Nukem 1, Bio-menace, and Commander Keen. A retro game that isn't NES/SNES style, I know a shocker!

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

What about Shovel Knight?

Graphics

The only complaint i have about the game is that it's yet another NES style retro game. I'd like to see more 16 and 32 bit era stuff, and y'know not just Nintendo ecosystem stuff.

(The game itself is awesome though).

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cracked_Gear posted:

Now show me a game that mimics the PS1 including polygon warping and no Z buffer :q:

Freedom Planet adheres to Saturn rules, AFAIK. But it's still 2-D, sort of like MMX4 or Astal.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

"Our game is designed to teach the player important life truths, the stuggles and problems of every day life as a young woman in today's modern society"

KITTY! PRESS X TO STROKE KITTY!

That is a struggle many young women face in today's modern society. Seems like a very relevant, poignant game.

• Locked thread