Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
i mean i tried it a few times, how does one enjoy the feeling of being 'drunk'?
i dont get high or anything, i just feel slow and wanna lay down and sleep
why not just do drugs instead? try molly for instance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
molly for fucks sake
just say ecstacy its not like people are gonna think youre cool

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
try it with friends, it releases your typical inhibitions leading to cool times and regretful decisions you wouldnt have experienced otherwise

Aug 4, 2010

to escape from my miserable reality

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
of course everyone should just smoke weed

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

molly for fucks sake
just say ecstacy its not like people are gonna think youre cool

lol ur dumb

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drugs are hard to get if you don't have any friends

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
because bourbon tastes good and i like the way it makes me feel and it's fun to meet new people whilst drunk, op.

The Kraken posted:

of course everyone should just smoke weed

well yeah obv everyone should do this too especially once you've met some cool new people whilst drunk like when you meet a cool chick at the bar and you go out back to smoke cigarettes together and then you surprise her by flippin' a dutch master right quick and rollin' up a fat bleezy and you and her get your smoke on then go drink more then probably gently caress i mean come on op are you being serious here?

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 11, 2015

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

alcohol is a drug and a pretty good one at that. other drugs are cool too though

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

most molly is bullshit op. i drink because i can.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
some weed and a glass of wine is an excellent way to take a nice nap imo.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this is you op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8YciwllLO4

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
lol if you dont stuff LSD crystals in ur butt

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Most Ecstasy is bullshit these days, everyone's cutting it with all sorts of gross poo poo.

And I drink to get drunk.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

tvayisnihyaami posted:

i mean i tried it a few times, how does one enjoy the feeling of being 'drunk'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menai_Suspension_Bridge
It led to me pissing off this. If I hadn't been drinking, I would not have pissed off this.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
for a lot of people, its good with friends, or company in general. for others, they drink because their life sucks. you can do both of course. OP, I hope this was enlightening

brotato
May 14, 2013
Alcohol is delicious.

Close thread.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

last night i drank a $6 bottle of whiskey, puked, got dizzy and couldn't stand, and then slept like poo poo. reminded me why i'd rather take a xanax

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i drink it because i have disease called "alcoholism". symptoms include: drinking alcohol 24/7, insanity, and early death

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

www posted:

to escape from my miserable reality

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ALSO gently caress YOU OP YOU STUPID PIECE OF poo poo human being

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Frog Act posted:

last night i drank a $6 bottle of whiskey, puked, got dizzy and couldn't stand, and then slept like poo poo. reminded me why i'd rather take a xanax

I had 10 xanax ir 2mg bars in my pocket last weekend and I washed those pants lol

:owned:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there's that moment when you've puked up ritz crackers and you;re on the ground and you think "why did i do this"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

I had 10 xanax ir 2mg bars in my pocket last weekend and I washed those pants lol

:owned:

that loving sucks, like, drat. what a bummer

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

for taste and nutritional content and to feel great!

man i could go for a six pack right now!

and sometimes to escape from my miserable reality

Aug 4, 2010

gently caress off wesley

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Frog Act posted:

that loving sucks, like, drat. what a bummer

worst part was I realized what happened right when I needed it most - hungover on sunday. that was a serious major bummer

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

to tolerate people who don't

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I drink alcohol as a system depressant and muscle relaxant. It helps relax me. If I have a stressful day and know it will be difficult to get to sleep, I find that a shot or two will help me out.

As a relaxant and social lubricant, alcohol is quite nice.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

worst part was I realized what happened right when I needed it most - hungover on sunday. that was a serious major bummer

losing drugs is a devestating tragedy

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Gatekeeper posted:

because bourbon tastes good and i like the way it makes me feel and it's fun to meet new people whilst drunk, op.

I like you. Do you want to be my friend? I'm drunk.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Most Ecstasy is bullshit these days, everyone's cutting it with all sorts of gross poo poo.

Yeah it's really a great example of the failure of drug prohibition. The chemical precursors to MDMA are incredibly difficult to procure so ecstasy is usually a random mixture of more dangerous drugs.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

genesplicer posted:

I drink alcohol as a system depressant and muscle relaxant. It helps relax me. If I have a stressful day and know it will be difficult to get to sleep, I find that a shot or two will help me out.

As a relaxant and social lubricant, alcohol is quite nice.

its good as an anal lubricant too if you need to have colitis

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
here is an unironic list of reasons op, some were covered by others but i think its good to be thorough

1) alcohol lowers your inhibitions and coordination in a funny way so it means if you drink with friends usually you will do really funny poo poo instead of just falling asleep

2) a little bit of alcohol will "take the edge off" and reduce things like social anxiety and make you more talkative so some people drink to socialize better

3) some legitimately enjoy the taste of good beer, fine wine, or brown liquor

4) it is legal, so you can do things like drink in public without fear of going to jail in america for 90 years

5) they have a chemical addictive disease called "alcoholism", which compels them to drink to excess whether alone or in public and will become physically ill if they do not drink

6) some people do not enjoy any of these benefits but drink anyway because it is socially normative behavior for some groups (college students, blue collar men, etc) and they don't want to be seen as weird

you can imagine or remember some others, please add to or amend this list for the op

dad gay. so what posted:

its good as an anal lubricant too if you need to have colitis

this too

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

didn't tasha yar die in the first season of TNG? How is she talking to wesley then??? :confused:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Momohime Katsumi posted:

didn't tasha yar die in the first season of TNG? How is she talking to wesley then??? :confused:

they shoehorned her actress into a bunch of later episodes after she realized she was big dumb idiot fucker for quitting early

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

because I am *ahem* a WRITER and I think you'll find we are all quite fond of the drink.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Frog Act posted:

lmao

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
op, rarely does anyone like being "drunk" except as extreme pain removal. Its about the buzz that happens before the drunk that is rewarding.

Also keep in mind, different kinds of alcohol have different effects on people. For instnace, for me:
Beer: cloud nine
Red wine: sleepy
White wine: lack of coordination
Tequila: crazy good physical feeling
Whiskey: liquid earplugs for dealing with my two year old Twinado

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I only drink when I forget how bad a hangover is. Drink today to hate you tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Drunk Nerds posted:

op, rarely does anyone like being "drunk" except as extreme pain removal. Its about the buzz that happens before the drunk that is rewarding.

Also keep in mind, different kinds of alcohol have different effects on people. For instnace, for me:
Beer: cloud nine
Red wine: sleepy
White wine: lack of coordination
Tequila: crazy good physical feeling
Whiskey: liquid earplugs for dealing with my two year old Twinado

yeah I'm glad someone here is an alcoholic and a parent. nice.

• Locked thread