Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

In 2002, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was released on Nintendo Gamecube. A lot of people were turned off at the time by the cartoonish style and the cel-shading. Most people wrote it off and never gave it a second look. However past the cartoons was a game with really good dungeons and a really good story, some of the best Zelda had to offer yet. It was a great game, however, but there were some serious issues. Sailing, while fun, was a bit slow and time consuming. It required a lot of menu juggling for later dungeons. That one sidequest was a bitch and a half because you had no idea if that thing you just did was any good until you showed it to that one guy (you guys who played this before know what im talking about). All in all, it was a REALLY GOOD Zelda game, but ultimately flawed in ways that can ruin the enjoyment for some people.

Then 2012 happened. While messing around with shaders for a different game, a designer loaded up the Wind Waker models for a test on them, and they looked REALLY GOOD. Nintendo decided to re-release Wind Waker for the Wii U, but with a few modifications. Not only just to shaders and textures, but there are some major gameplay fixes that really streamlines the whole experiences and pushed it to my favorite Zelda of all time. Yeah, you only got one game with the HD re-release, but it's a much better version of an already great game.

So what is Wind Waker, exactly? Well aside from being the new hip thing to LP on SA (seriously, strawhatno! and geop both have ongoing lps already), it's a Zelda game. Zelda games are all about exploring a vast world, delving into dungeons, fighting huge bosses and solving neat puzzles. What makes it different from every other Zelda game though, is that the overworld is mostly a flooded, Waterworld-like environment. Islands dot the landscape and every island has something to find on it. It's super neat and I hope you enjoy me, Dex01, and JordanKai blabbing over it.

Episode 1: Big Grandma ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 2: Dispear ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 3: Look at this pictograph ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 4: Doritos are an entire race of mail people ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 5: Spaghetti Sauce ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 6: Everything's bigger in Hyrule ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 7: Rude as Hell fish ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 8: Treeason ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 9: Wiihat U ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 10: Pro strats ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 11: Miiverse ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 12: Shoutout to hot moms ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 13: I'm actually 11 and 3 quarters ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 14: Meatball Sub ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 15: Statue buddy ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 16: Kabelda's Dangerous Hunts ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 17: #MeIn10Years ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 18: Can I juice this? ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

FANART:

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 17, 2015

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ooh, saw this on YouTube, at first I thought it was Geop's, but no, it said kalonZombie!

Also, your handwriting is pretty good (much better than mine at least :negative:), and that's all I'll say about it for now.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Wind Waker HD is the new Dark Souls for LP.

Everyone's doing it and there's still not enough of it. Let those selfies flow.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I actually got the Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle which included the Hyrule Historia because I didn't have a Gamecube so never got to play WW and cause I like the design on the Gamepad. Still hope Mario Sunshine gets brought over to the Wii U cause I wanted to play that.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

frozentreasure posted:

Wind Waker HD is the new Dark Souls for LP.

Everyone's doing it and there's still not enough of it. Let those selfies flow.

I don't know why it's so drat popular as an LP piece lately, but it's never stopped me before.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

kalonZombie posted:

I don't know why it's so drat popular as an LP piece lately, but it's never stopped me before.

If I had to guess, I would to say a combination of nostalgia for those that had a GameCube and the fact that it's one the games that the Wii U could be bundled with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

What else is there to LP on the Wii-U? Legend of Zelda Dynasty Warriors? Bayonnetta 2? That's an uninteresting LP unless you're putting as much effort into it as LeaveMyWife did with putting updates out at a breakneck speed and a game with a difficulty curve that's basically the Wall at the end of the Ninja Warrior preliminary round.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I've had thoughts about Hyrule Warriors, but I want to wait until I've collected more of the DLC costumes and weapons before doing anything too serious.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Nidoking posted:

I've had thoughts about Hyrule Warriors, but I want to wait until I've collected more of the DLC costumes and weapons before doing anything too serious.

An LP of that game would need to be something special as it's not a very interesting game to watch, that applies to all other DW games, good as they are.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I was thinking judicious editing for non-story missions, probably co-commentators for bonus videos, and skippable segments focusing on the characters and weapons at the end of videos.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You were able to make Folklore interesting, and that's basically "Boring Grinding: The Game"

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Kurieg posted:

You were able to make Folklore interesting, and that's basically "Boring Grinding: The Game"

I'd point out that there's a lot more history of Celtic myth that most people don't know and is worth bringing in co-commentators for than there is in Hyrule and all the Zelda timelines, but then here we all are for a third concurrent LP of Sailing And Occasionally Landing To Do Stuff, Only Faster Now And With Dynamic Lighting, so I'm pretty sure I'd have an audience. I'd talk more about plans here, but the only elements from Wind Waker that made it into Hyrule Warriors are the titular concept and maybe Bokoblins, and I don't even remember whether they have Bulblins as alternate enemy models in this game or not.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today I regret adding Jordan into this LP.

Episode 2: Dispear ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The membership rewards are so amazing you don't even know.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

The membership rewards are so amazing you don't even know.

They're so good. SO GOOD.

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
The first time I got the membership reward, I had to stop playing.
Because I fell out of my chair laughing and hit my head.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today's late update brought to you by a capture card that refused to loving capture Tomb Raider footage correctly. Eighth time and a complete reinstall's the charm, I guess!

Episode 3: Look at this pictograph ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The picture man said his boat got wrecked while you were examining photos.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I don't hate Tingle but I don't like him either, I'm generally indifferent to him and he's apparently super popular in Japan which is probably why he's now in Hyrule Warriors and not Groose who isn't popular in Japan. :v:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Here's the mail; It never fails; It makes me wanna wag my tail; When it comes I wanna wail; MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!

Episode 4: Doritos are an entire race of mail people ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Between your LP and Geop's, I am really, really wishing I had the $300 to drop on a Wii U.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I believe the official explanation for "fish people to bird people" is "Nintendo thought it was a smaller plot hole than the Zoras staying Zoras and then being just as surprised by the big twist of the game as everyone else."

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Jordan, I'm nacho sure your Cool American quip will get picked up by the actual Americans in the audience.

And I like the Nitos, they're cool peoples. Except for the one that the game really wants you to like. Komali's pulling some serious Water Dragon Farore poo poo right here.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Sorry for the lack of update last week. I was super ultra sick and didn't feel like doing the commentary editing. We should be back on schedule.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

kalonZombie posted:

Sorry for the lack of update last week. I was super ultra sick and didn't feel like doing the commentary editing. We should be back on schedule.

Man, this dungeon's item is the best, maybe among all zelda games.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we kill our first boss! Link is all grown up now, aww.

Episode 6: Everything's bigger in Hyrule ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm pretty sure the low health face is supposed to convey exhaustion.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You guys realize you're on Dragon Roost Island, right?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Even Gohma is pretty intimidating when you play on Hero Mode, since it means you can only take 5 to 11 hits.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
You didn't take a selfie with the boss for the LP video. 0/10.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

You didn't take a selfie with the boss for the LP video. 0/10.

I didn't want to take away from the actual boss itself.

However that selfie in the preview pic is 100% from this save file. I just employ some editing tricks.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we meet some cool dudes, some rude dudes, and get a very important item.

Episode 7: Rude as Hell fish ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
"Bugs" is any insect in the order "hemiptera", if you want to get technical.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Dr. Buttass posted:

"Bugs" is any insect in the order "hemiptera", if you want to get technical.
So all bugs are insects, but not all insects are bugs.

Similarly, all bugs/spiders/scorpions are arthropods, but technically spiders are not bugs because spiders are not insects. Colloquially, of course, anything with an exoskeleton is called a bug.

EDIT: Technically correct, the best kind of collect.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess you need a lot of tools and/or time to scrape up additional heart containers? Five doesn't seem like a lot.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

I guess you need a lot of tools and/or time to scrape up additional heart containers? Five doesn't seem like a lot.

It's more like we're restricted to a path the game has set us on from Windfall to Dragon Roost, and from Dragon Roost to Forest Haven. Once we're done the second dungeon the whole sea will open up to us and trust me, I'll be abusing that generosity maliciously.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we get rid of some whiteheads that a tree got.

Part 8: Treeason ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
How many more tools are there that goes around the idea of wind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This LP is so perfectly timed.

Watching an LP of how to play the game well running at the same time as a blind LP really shows off just how much fun you can have.

• Locked thread