Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
minor flaws aside that was a really fun match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Kane and Big Show bickering. It was funny.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
HMOTYC

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Jerusalem posted:

And yet, it seems Big Show was also right, because he knew Bryan can beat Kane easily like he has every week for the last six weeks or so.

But what he didn't realize was that Bryan and Reigns can also beat him like they have for every week for the last six weeks or so.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gatts posted:

I love how Bryan did literally everything for an hour while Reigns is gassed doing gently caress all. But good show, good turmoil.

He doesn't look gassed at all?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha, those goofy grins as they both looked up at the sign :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Seriously does Smackdown exist in its own continuity or something? Raw is awesome, Smackdown is pretty cool.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I actually disagree. "We don't care about winning, we came here to beat rear end and we beat rear end and beat some more rear end and ended up beating so much rear end they had to DQ us to keep us from beating rear end" is a push I can get behind.

Yeah, that's not a bad route to take either. Although we both know they aren't actually going to be pushed in any meaningful way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Seriously does Smackdown exist in its own continuity or something? Raw is awesome, Smackdown is pretty cool.

Smackdown has two major problems - one is that it is a taped show, so people read text descriptions from somebody else's point of view and make judgements on what the show will be like, as well as WWE themselves loving with the crowd sound to fit their desired outcome. The second is that often something happens on Smackdown and then it's repeated on the next Raw, making it feel like there was no "point" in watching Smackdown (apart from getting to enjoy a good wrestling show).

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Timby posted:

That was some pretty obvious muting of the crowd for the Bryan tag.

They seemed to be playing with the mics. They let the massive DB pops remain otherwise.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I've said for a while that I'd like a Smackdown-only TV title.

It would get weird combinations of guys in the ring together, it would create self-contained stories which SD really doesn't have and even if it was defended every week and (occasionally) held by total jokes it couldn't possibly have more of a credibility problem than the current US/IC titles.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was not just a DQ for beating too much as, it was a DQ for repeatedly ignoring the rules and warnings by the ref. This is one of the stupidest things people go on tangents about considering that's usually causes that finish to happen. Also that match had its problems but was really really fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"How long does this match run for?"
"Until Bryan gets tired or until we reach the end of our alloted time on SyFy."
"Right, so until we reach the end of our alloted time on SyFy."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was not just a DQ for beating too much as, it was a DQ for repeatedly ignoring the rules and warnings by the ref. This is one of the stupidest things people go on tangents about considering that's usually causes that finish to happen. Also that match had its problems but was really really fun.

Same. The only reasons people thought that was because it's what the spoilers said and because Kevin Owens notably didn't get DQ'd for it last night and everyone thought he did at first.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown is currently on, but I haven't got a clue if what I'm watching is "live" or not.

I thought a move to Thursday might mean more people actually watched this good wrestling show :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sorry J-ru QI is now on BBC America so I've got other priorities

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
How's the show been so far?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

How's the show been so far?

Bryan beat up Miz, so the greatest show in the history of the universe.

I missed the first few minutes so I don't know if it opened with a promo, but they went straight to a Kane/Ryback match which Ryback won. At least it's not Bryan/Kane or Roman/Kane.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Love Dean putting over the IC belt, might not be bad to give him a run with it and see if he can make it worthwhile again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm shocked, simply shocked, that the IC Champion lost a non-title match.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

:lol: "I got a weather report to do for Telemundo"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I think Barret has only won two matches since winning the IC title.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ozz81 posted:

Love Dean putting over the IC belt, might not be bad to give him a run with it and see if he can make it worthwhile again
Too bad winning it means you lose every non-title match because they think having the title makes you look good regardless of wins or losses

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

King explaining--in detail--how Barret lost the match to us after it just happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did Cole just say,"Living a clean lifestyle" in relation to Vincent Kennedy McMahon :vince:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yes, Vince McMahon is a testament to healthy, clear thinking.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Jerusalem posted:

Did Cole just say,"Living a clean lifestyle" in relation to Vincent Kennedy McMahon :vince:

pressedbunny posted:

Yes, Vince McMahon is a testament to healthy, clear thinking.

For those just following this thread, I'd like to specify these concepts are linked.

Like, the implication was that Vince McMahon's clean and healthy lifestyle was linked to his clear mental state.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
I keep forgetting Smackdown is now on Thursday. Anything good happen in the first half hour?

Edit: lol at Vince on Muscle and Fitness cover.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

I'm shocked, simply shocked, that the IC Champion lost a non-title match.

I know, right?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

No Cena, it isn't just HHH or the Authority that want you gone, it's like at least 75% of the WWE fan base that are tired of your hokey Superman/Hogan gimmick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TEGGS posted:

I keep forgetting Smackdown is now on Thursday. Anything good happen in the first half hour?

Bryan beat up the Miz. Ryback beat Kane. R-Truth beat Barrett while Ambrose did commentary. Cole declared Vince McMahon lives clean and is absolutely certainly 100% not an insane man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ozz81 posted:

No Cena, it isn't just HHH or the Authority that want you gone, it's like at least 75% of the WWE fan base that are tired of your hokey Superman/Hogan gimmick

I'm pretty sure the people who love John Cena and can't get enough of him easily make up more than 75% of the WWE fanbase.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan beat up the Miz. Ryback beat Kane. R-Truth beat Barrett while Ambrose did commentary. Cole declared Vince McMahon lives clean and is absolutely certainly 100% not an insane man.

Three matches in half an hour?! :stare:

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Looking forward to Roman Reigns defending his Wrestlemania slot against Sheamus.

...what the hell are those sounds New Day is making?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TEGGS posted:

Three matches in half an hour?! :stare:

I'm just kind of assuming by the presence of ads that I'm watching a "live" version - so yeah, seems to have been wall-to-wall matches so far.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Even the fake Smackdown crowd doesn't make noise for New Day. Just loving end them already.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Big E can be a fun guy, get him the gently caress away from this useless stable

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

pressedbunny posted:

Even the fake Smackdown crowd doesn't make noise for New Day. Just loving end them already.

I want them to be Bo's chorus so badly.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

pressedbunny posted:

Forty Laudy Daudy not ready to party party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

pressedbunny posted:

I'm really not sure how much better they would have fared if they'd went forward with Nation of Domination 2.0.

• Locked thread