Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm super stoked for Ninja Slayer and the new Lupin. Will also definitely give Digimon a watch since I love the Adventure crew and I want to have the nostalgia center of my brain stimulated for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phobophilia posted:

Is the yuruyuri studio seriously trying to make anime blade runner?

God, I hope so.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Lot to watch this season but it's mostly retreads or things that look mediocre

Definitlies:

Lupin III

Knights of Sidonia S2

The next Attack On Titan OVA

DBZ Revival of F

The second Gargantia OVA ep

Persona 3 movie 2

Wary:

Not excited about the moe character designs in Ninja Slayer but will try it out

Bloodline Blockade Battlefront

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You're in your washtub, taking a bath, when all of a sudden your senpai barges in. She cries out and slips and falls on you, and can't get up.

But she can't get up, not without your help. But you're not helping.

Why are you not helping?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Phobophilia posted:

You're in your washtub, taking a bath, when all of a sudden your senpai barges in. She cries out and slips and falls on you, and can't get up.

But she can't get up, not without your help. But you're not helping.

Why are you not helping?

Shia LaBoeuf.

(I couldn't help but read your post in the style of that song.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Could the Voight-Kampf test tell apart an autistic goon and a replicant?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apart from Ore Monogatari, this looks like one of those seasons where it's best to just sit it out for a while and see what other people end up thinking is good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Etotama PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8U7Jl7c7Qs

3D animation... ugh... I dunno how to feel about it.

Not gonna lie, the choreography we get to see in the PV is pretty impressive. If the rest of the show maintains that level of action (which should be easy considering it's done in 3d) then I'm totally onboard with it.

Plus the 3d doesn't even look bad, surprisingly.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah. That's why I said I don't know what to think about it. On the one hand it is quite high quality, but on the other it is clearly recognizable as 3D.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't mind stuff looking obviously CGI as long as they try and do something interesting with it, rather than just try and make it look as much like cell animation as possible.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It reminds me of Xrd, which is never a bad thing.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Sakurazuka posted:

Could the Voight-Kampf test tell apart an autistic goon and a replicant?

ive seen things you people wouldnt believe

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't mind stuff looking obviously CGI as long as they try and do something interesting with it, rather than just try and make it look as much like cell animation as possible.

I think Tiger and Bunny made pretty good use of CGI overall. It looked a bit out of place, but that kind of worked for it. The more important part is that it was used to make really fluid and animated (in the sense of being really active) motion.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

If anyone cares about Show by Rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLLz3k5vrPI
lmao

PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e8OgRVfx8M
:confused:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I think Tiger and Bunny made pretty good use of CGI overall. It looked a bit out of place, but that kind of worked for it. The more important part is that it was used to make really fluid and animated (in the sense of being really active) motion.

I couldn't get past the cg in T&B, one of the reasons I couldn't get through it.

Pretty much the only studios that do cg integration right are IG, Rikka, and Trigger's cg in KLK. All other cg I've seen has ranged from lazy to passable, or just felt out of place.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
these are definitely very cool:
danna ga nani
kiniro
hibike
pleiades
teekyuu and the teekyuu spinoff
urawa
yahari
tamayura movie

these are maybe cool:
bar kiraware yasai
nagato yuki
ore monogatari
punchline
show by rock

good season

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Season seems very good, looking forward to a lot of shows, and a lot of newcomers seem worthwhile as well. Hot.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
People, it's okay to admit you're stoked for the new season of High School DxD in this crazy post-Zorak world of ours.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

SpazmasterX posted:

People, it's okay to admit you're stoked for the new season of High School DxD in this crazy post-Zorak world of ours.

Well, I have to finish the first two seasons dubbed before I can actually make that post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watch some poo poo but I'm not quite that starved for entertainment yet.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

That's the one with boobs and butts in the logo, right? I guess I'm stoked to see the new logo.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i'm saving my seed for the premiere

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

confirming the new Harhi show is gonna be poo poo here is the character design for Kyon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol wut

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy christ

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ahahahaha.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Moe Kyon?

Moekyon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you guys not see the poster

the entire artstyle is moe-r. that's a moer kyon. im not seeing the problem, unless you have a problem with the moeification in general.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is actually the first thing I've seen on it period

I'm not a big haruhi guy but I know you don't gently caress with a brand like that

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Looks like a pretty standard Ikuko Ito design to me, what were people expecting

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

old kyon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

aers posted:

Looks like a pretty standard Ikuko Ito design to me, what were people expecting

Hahaha, Ito, really?

that's certainly a step in a direction

aers
Feb 15, 2012

she's been at satelight for a while now.

unfortunately.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

the writing was on the wall when the studio was announced sorry man

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is he still being played by Sugita because his voice does not fit that face at all.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

To go with his Kirito look, he's probably going to get Kirito's VA

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Punchline is an anime by MAPPA and written by 999 and Zero Escape author Kotaro Uchikoshi, and the description is missing the best part, which is the slogan "Once he sees underwear, humanity is destroyed!?" Preview video shows that it's exactly what you think it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBTeRK4k0Xk

Hopefully this is pervy fun instead of pervy dumb.

I just found out that this is this season's noitaminA show. Oh boy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I just found out that this is this season's noitaminA show. Oh boy.

The follow up to Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I've thought about maybe pointing out stuff like the current noitamina show, Gen Urobuchi's new show, the new Trigger show etc. but I think it was the right decision not to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You could do that, and then mention how that isn't an indicator of if it's any good.

• Locked thread