Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Etotama PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8U7Jl7c7Qs

3D animation... ugh... I dunno how to feel about it.

Not gonna lie, the choreography we get to see in the PV is pretty impressive. If the rest of the show maintains that level of action (which should be easy considering it's done in 3d) then I'm totally onboard with it.

Plus the 3d doesn't even look bad, surprisingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Arslan Senki
Digimom Tri
Dungeon ni Deai
Etotama
Gintama'
Houkago no Pleiades
Kekkai Sensen
Ninja Slayer
Ore Monogatari
Punchline
Shokugeki no Souma
Yamada-kun

Am I missing anything?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Twiddy posted:

Oscars are only fun because they allow me to go into a discussion about different ways of defining the term "best," followed by a 100% accurate "prediction" of the "Best Picture" year after year.

Also I guess I watch lots of movies.

Lego Movie should have won best animated movie

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well as a crusty old 18 year old fan of amine, I have grown weary of such tropes in my serious cartoon shows

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is Shaft going the visuals for those 2d parts? That's great.

Oh, I guess it's not all going to be 3d:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3RtteSP0uE

That's kinda lame, that probably means they've already shown us the majority of the 3d in the PVs already...

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 28, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

whats with the etotama thing and censoring half the faces

It's an earlier version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMpu-WykgxY

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

K. Flaps posted:

Bakemonogatari
Bakemono
Monogatari

Monster Story
Monster
Story
Monstory

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what's wrong with food wars

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sakurazuka posted:

Arslan was a lot more moe than I remembered. :v: The first episode was way better than the old OAV's, going on the watch list.

ka-kawaii, camel-chan

e: dude looks like a lady

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is this the kind of sick depraved poo poo that's happening on japanese tv nowadays? This is so hosed up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

A friend went and watched the world premiere of the first two episodes of Etotama at Sakuracon, and he absolutely raved about the 3d animation. He said it was on par with the stuff you see in Guilty Gear Xrd in terms of technical prowess. He said the first two episodes felt like they were 60/40 in favor of 2d in terms of content, but the producers stated that they're aiming for a 50/50 split which has gotten me hyped up.

Also a PV that hasn't been posted in thread yet with a few more cuts of the 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U1c7JQ08lI

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Srice posted:

I'm glad, of Gintama being back.

It's still as funny as ever.

Literally a debut episode filled with nothing but static images, and I can barely breathe already.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Really someone should just compile a list of all the worthwhile Gintama episodes. They're all generally good, but a ton of them just feel subpar compared to some of the more memorable ones (Tama arc, storyboard episode, Kintama, etc).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

A friend went and watched the world premiere of the first two episodes of Etotama at Sakuracon, and he absolutely raved about the 3d animation. He said it was on par with the stuff you see in Guilty Gear Xrd in terms of technical prowess. He said the first two episodes felt like they were 60/40 in favor of 2d in terms of content, but the producers stated that they're aiming for a 50/50 split which has gotten me hyped up.

Also a PV that hasn't been posted in thread yet with a few more cuts of the 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U1c7JQ08lI

My friend failed to mention the crazy amount of fanservice in the 2d parts. Like, reaching monogatari levels of fanservice here.

But the 3d mode (a completely canon transition that enables the eto-musume to transcend to a higher form, affectionately subbed as "moe power" :lol:) was cool as heck. It really felt like it was very stylized 2d animation with a ridiculous budget.

And I'll admit, I did laugh a few times this episode. The humor is like the basest forms of meta, but it had some pretty genius comedic timing. Main male character completely revels in his blandness and it's hilarious.

Rooster has the best 3d mode.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Well punchline was definitely not what I was expecting from the preview or what I was expecting at all. I was hoping for a SamFlam2, but I got something I doubt I will give the 3 episode rule to.

I bet the burst of light that took over his body is just him that figured out that he could just go back further in time to skip all this nonsense of being a ghost.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

everythingWasBees posted:

It's definitely a show that panders and panty shots are a plot point but if you can get past that it's real real good I think. So far at least.

I like the show where it turns out the superhero's transformation scene is just a mock dance in slow motion, and then it's immediately juxtaposed with a sci-fi chute down to an underground motorcycle vault.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yes. Also Hatsune Miku is really cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RAeuWxOif4

but gumi>miku

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

only big soulless corporations deserve to generate content imo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eej posted:

imagine if Photoshop was marketed and represented by a cute anime girl :2bong:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301610/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/280680/

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

I bet the burst of light that took over his body is just him that figured out that he could just go back further in time to skip all this nonsense of being a ghost.

I mean, once I went back and actually compared it's ridiculously obvious this is the case.
Initial thing that kicks him out of his body = yellow beam of light from space.
In the scene where he quick saves back to Ito's room, a yellow light blooms underneath him and he gets sucked back down to Earth. A split second frame of the computer simulation confirms this notion.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Just skip to 13 minutes into Etotama because that's the only part that matters

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dan7el posted:

There are probably a few anime I haven't seen yet and more than one I simply won't watch. Some, I can't comprehend the creation of (Show by Rock).

"It is Sanrio's first ever character project aimed for older males and adults, as opposed to the main female and child demographic."
It's literally Sanrio pandering to furries.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Log Horizon author arrested for tax evasion.

Wow wow

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nielsm posted:

Huh apparently it's not a comedy? They actually kill a character in ep 3.

This is what the next episode will start off with.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So the video game gets regular anime style trailers whereas the actual anime looks like tweened game graphics. Huh.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

If you don't like it after two episodes or so I wouldn't watch it, as it hasn't changed fundamentally, but It just started paying off and the payoff is pretty good. Somewhat predictable at times but enough poo poo out of left field that it's interesting. It's turned less from a slice of life to more of a serious show it seemed, which is to be expected.

What I like about it is that the plot actually feels very solid; things that come up happen for a reason or to build up for a later revelation and doesn't feel like it's just artificial story advancement. I guess that's the big thing its getting from Uchikoshi doing the writing.

Mind, the story itself is still ridiculous and stupid, but it's awesome at the same time.

dogsicle posted:

yeah Punchline isn't bad, it just exists in this weird place where a 3 episode test probably makes it seem more aimless than it is. even after that, the comedy and laid-back tone are still probably going to come ahead of the plot that's now clearly in motion.

Like in relations to that aimlessness dogsicle is talking about, the latest episode just tied into a whole bunch of that stuff from previous episodes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I feel like Punchline is going to be my AOTS purely because it feels like just straight up running through an Uchikoshi game in anime form.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This is a really good season so I have a bit of trouble calling anything my AOTS. BBB, My Love Story, and Punchline are all fantastic. BBB and My Love Story are both supported by really loving good source material, though.

BBB has good standalone episodes but nothing that's really tying everything together in one comprehensive package. My Love Story is kind of dragging on because it's not going to have any real drama.

Honestly liking even Danmachi more than those two at this point because the anime feels like it's trying really hard to be a good show with all the character development Bell's going through. That, Hibike Euphonium, and Punchline are currently my top three animes that started airing this season.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm putting Arslan on my summer watching list because I'd rather wait til the season is over and watch it in chunks. It seems to be making a good impression but as dry and slow as everything else related to it has been I just don't trust it for a week-to-week watch.

Sidonia is the other one that's technically a spring show that I won't get to until the season's over since I'm waiting for it to hit Netflix.

The new Arslan is a lot more interesting when they decided to slow the pace down and take its time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Newest episode of dungeon girls was real cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Maybe he was referring to "Satoshi Kon" as him as a director and "I" as him as a person

• Locked thread