Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hey guys wanna play some handball?
you know where you slap the ball against the wall, with your hand, then I slap it against the wall with my hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
"Yeah, I'm from New Yawk :smug: "

*is from long island*
*avoids NY like the loving plague unless going to a Yankees game or a weekend matinee of cats, now and forever at the winter garden theater*
*is more terrified of black people than anyone else on the planet, with the possible exception of white south africans*

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

I get into a fight with a bus driver because I am not allowed to bring my bike onto a nearly empty bus at night time from brooklyn to Staten Island where I would only stay on the bus for two stops, ensuring I would not block anybody. Yet another time a guy was allowed to bring in a heavy door into a crowded bus. Saw a dude also bring in a giant gently caress off bird cage which naturally was occupied with birds onto the bus, blocking off the aisle.

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 16, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Actually a lot of Hispanics are fleeing to South Florida (West Palm Beach to Miami). Florida may have its problems but it's loving Valhalla compared to the Bronx

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Sheen Sheen posted:

"Yeah, I'm from New Yawk :smug: "

*is from long island*
*avoids NY like the loving plague unless going to a Yankees game or a weekend matinee of cats, now and forever at the winter garden theater*
*is more terrified of black people than anyone else on the planet, with the possible exception of white south africans*

This is accurate. BUt you missed Rangers games/concerts at MSG. Don't even have to leave Penn station...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*cant comprehend basic traffic rules and signage*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm so far removed from the natural world I think Central Park is beautiful and somehow noteworthy.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

This is accurate. BUt you missed Rangers games/concerts at MSG. Don't even have to leave Penn station...

Ey, Billy Joel's playin at the Gawden!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Are yawkahs still afraid of going to central park after dark?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
*gets very defensive about bagels*

*orders sub-par bagels when not in NY just to make a scene about them*

"You cawl deez bagels??? :arghfist: :smuggo: "

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

*thinks the rest of America is nothing but white people and IHOPs until you hit San Francisco*

*Is pretty much right*

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

*Is pretty much right*

*is from new york*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
On the other hand, New Yorkers who join the Army are pretty hilarious

They spend a lot of time in the field looking suspiciously at the trees, and being startled at every weird noise

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
*can't even afford to split a studio with another person in Manhattan*

*vigorously defends laws that limit the supply of housing in order to make sure that all buildings in any given neighborhood never look different, since that would destroy the history that isn't theirs and that they will never partake in*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hingehead posted:

Saw a dude also bring in a giant gently caress off bird cage which naturally was occupied with birds onto the bus, blocking off the aisle.

lol

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
im from new york i take things that happen every day in the rest of the country w/o incident and make a big deal out of em and then say only in new york

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
*Talks about how hosed up Giuliani's police state was. Secretly wishes Giuliani was still mayor.*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Wut up young blood, time for your daily Terry search. Mmm what's this that purple urkel, daddy's getting a bonus this week. The streets are safe again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Wut up young blood, time for your daily Terry search. Mmm what's this that purple urkel, daddy's getting a bonus this week. The streets are safe again.

To the NYPD searching black people is just like unlocking Xbox achievements

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

*mayor has loud obnoxious public life the rest of the country has to deal with for some reason*

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
snowed 4 inches here? better make a megathread

got cold out in the winter? let's post about it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

snowed 4 inches here? better make a megathread

got cold out in the winter? let's post about it

*Living in places which have good weather make you soft!*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
"You ever had that Vietnamese noodle soup? It's pronounced like 'faux'"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

New York’s subway system is the most visible and fabled element of the city’s underground. Once famous for graffiti, subway trains today are kept nearly paint free. Yet guerilla creativity has found a new outlet: “scratchiti,” or phrases carved into train windows.

THE HOMELESS
At one time the city had over 5,000 people living in train and subway tunnels. With assistance from HUD, some of the underground homeless have since moved into apartments. Contrary to legend, there are no large organized communities underground, but transit workers find evidence of elaborate homesteading all over the city.

SENSE AND SECURITY
Every New York rider has heard of, witnessed, or endured subway crime. Yet subway crime has dropped dramatically. Even so, savvy riders avoid making eye contact, steer clear of altercations, and never ride in an empty car.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
*avoids eye contact with other human beings*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

*avoids eye contact with other human beings*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm dying of the grey death . i am a mole person

naem
May 29, 2011

*Every building is literally a fortress with bars on the windows, as though zombies mob the streets at night with crow bars looking for ways to break in and eat you, which is in fact the case*

open container
Sep 16, 2008
*hasn't had sex in 2 weeks and considers it a dry spell*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014
*Sends gofer slave to camp out for iPhone/Shakespeare in the Park.

*Cannot get phone/tickets

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*lives in Hymietown*

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

boom boom boom posted:

"You ever had that Vietnamese noodle soup? It's pronounced like 'faux'"

I thought it was "puh", but then again how would I know because *real new yorkers* don't eat that poo poo. Or Korean, or Thai, or whatever other ethnic crap arriviste hipsters think is so amazingly representative of being a "real new yorker". We go to Burger Heaven or Viand or any old Greek diner and just get a loving burger. Maybe, if you're over 60, a BLT or salad. And maybe, if you're over 70, a tongue and egg salad on rye because that's how you did it back in the day when you tied an onion to your belt.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*lives in Hymietown*

Jesse Jackson knows what's up :ssh:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

"I remember New York before Giuliani came in and cleaned it up. It had character ."

http://imgur.com/a/PETBA

^ Character.jpg

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Pho is pronounced like "fuh" hth

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Croc Monster posted:

I thought it was "puh", but then again how would I know because *real new yorkers* don't eat that poo poo. Or Korean, or Thai, or whatever other ethnic crap arriviste hipsters think is so amazingly representative of being a "real new yorker". We go to Burger Heaven or Viand or any old Greek diner and just get a loving burger. Maybe, if you're over 60, a BLT or salad. And maybe, if you're over 70, a tongue and egg salad on rye because that's how you did it back in the day when you tied an onion to your belt.

It's fuh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's been a dream of mine to become a government employee. Hard to fire and work stops at 5 sharp.

You're birch made if you stay at work after 5 and don't work in an ER or something

• Locked thread