Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Doctor Whose posted:

Was Max Payne 3 good? I've come close to buying it a couple of times on Steam but figured it was a bad cash in of the franchise.

It's the best third person shooter released in a long time (or ever). Some people didn't like the story but I thought it was great, with a really fantastic performance from Max himself. And yeah as far as the physics goes it's still the best version of the Euphoria engine when it comes to blasting people with assorted weaponry.

FILHO DA PUTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Sammus posted:

The only thing wrong with MP3 is you don't get to shoot enough people because the storyline keeps being thrust in your face. But other than that, it's excellent. And you get to shoot a lot of people.

Yeah, time-attack / arcade mode would've benefit from less cutscenes / loading times but AFAIK the devs did some dumb poo poo by making the game load every model in each level every time it loads, even if they're repeats? Or something?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Order 1886 is an exclusive title designed for owners of the PS4.

Replace The Order with Gears of War and PS4 with Xbox 360 and this post would've been just as accurate in 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2013.

edit: wow I actually spent the time to look up the Gears release dates only to remember that I'm responding to virtualboyCOLOR

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Please refrain from discussing non-PS4 related games in this PS4 exclusive thread. Please also refrain from discussing multiplayer games.

"hi hello i'm virtualboyCOLOR and i've got literally nothing better to do than post the same thing over and over again because the Wii U is the only next gen system, furthermore i faaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART"

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

lol somebody reads vbc posts

i am getting annoyed that wii u has good games!

i'm just too proud to put him on ignore

and it's got nothing to do with the Wii U or its games, it's really just his awful low effort trolls in every PS4 thread

anyways the Order doesn't look good, shame on Sony for hyping up what is essentially a glorified proof of concept

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Proof of concept of what, though? A steampunk third-person shooter? It's not like they're doing anything new here, there's no good reason for this coming out as half-assed as it looks.

The game really seems to me (and others before me) like it started out as a bunch of game developers making some really pretty CGI cutscene, showing it to Sony, then tacking on the rest of the story and some gameplay.

I'm not saying they're doing anything new or that the quality of the game (which sounds pretty bad) will be justified, I just think that Sony spent too much money on a 6 hour shooter with MGS4-length cutscenes.

• Locked thread